• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
If you have a problem with how moderation is done around here, then feel free to complain to the higher ups. I'm sure they'll do everything in their power to cater to your problem. There's no need to make a post complaining about it.

What I said is the truth. There's no reason to call something a COMBO video when combos don't even exist in Brawl. (Not for Zelda anyway.) This isn't trolling, it's just common sense.
That's not true. Combo's do exist and you need to learn how to FF nair before you claim Zelda doesn't have any combo's. Frame data proves other wise and makes you look silly kthnxbai.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I think this is a case of sheer nitpicking, lol.

People call them combo vids because that's what they're commonly called. Similar to how people call perfect shielding in Brawl "powershielding" even though that's not really what it is anymore.

It's really not that serious. @.@

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I think this is a case of sheer nitpicking, lol.

People call them combo vids because that's what they're commonly called. Similar to how people call perfect shielding in Brawl "powershielding" even though that's not really what it is anymore.

It's really not that serious. @.@
It's not but MrEh is annoying so and should really stop posting here...I guess that's not nice to say.....i'll prob get infracted for this

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
AL you won't because the argument about c-c-combo videos itself is so petty loool - there's no point even wasting time on it guys.

Lmao Kaylo I read what you showed me yesterday I had a good laugh. So.Dead.Serious. Some people can take themselves too seriously it's scary.

Also Eh I'm loving case 4 atm - Yew has a very strange voice.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, there are definitely some people around my region who eat, sleep, and **** Smash..... it's funny and sad at the same time.

Unrelated: I forget if I asked this already, but are any Zeldas going to HERB3? I'll be there. =D

MrEh

Smash Hero
MrEh is annoying so and should really stop posting here...I guess that's not nice to say.....i'll prob get infracted for this
The funny thing is that you acknowledge that it's not nice to say, that you possibly may be infracted for it, and yet...you posted it anyway.

Like Kata said, you won't be infracted for something so trivial. And besides, it's not like I get butthurt from what people say. Especially from you.

Also Eh I'm loving case 4 atm - Yew has a very strange voice.
She has the strangest "Objection!" I've ever heard. But yeah, case 4 is really good.

HAHAHAHAAHA!!!!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Call it what it is. If majority of the video is frame specific true combos then fine. If there are little to no actual combos and more along the lines of consecutive hits, or edge guarding/gimps then call it something else.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I wish I lived in a better region. Alberta brawl sucks.
Hell, I bet Canadian brawl just sucks in general.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Don't be so serious about combo videos... it's just that we were used to call them like that, even if most of them are just highlights...

@DTP:
Wasn't Ally canadian?? =/

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The funny thing is that you acknowledge that it's not nice to say, that you possibly may be infracted for it, and yet...you posted it anyway.

Like Kata said, you won't be infracted for something so trivial. And besides, it's not like I get butthurt from what people say. Especially from you.
Well I've been infracted for smaller things.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Well, isn't like Mexico has highlights... we only have 1 big tournament each 6 months, and due to how "Melee vs Brawl" is taken so seriously here by some people, attendance from Brawl players has been dropping...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
MLG ruleset is out, guys:

http://www.mlgpro.com/pro-circuit/2010/

The stage list is hilarious, I loooooove it. <3
Yeah but that's just one person. I was talking about Canadian brawl as a whole, not specific players.
I haven't heard anything great about Cananda regarding brawl haha

lol Green Greens

*Bombs MLG*

Anyone who disagrees with Green Greens being a legal counterpick needs to read Praxis' thread first, but I'll gladly discuss why I believe it should be a legal stage.

Almost every issue with the stage is a matter of stage knowledge, which is not a good cause to ban the stage.

Honestly, there are major elephants in the room that are considerably more important then the stage list, for example... port picking, the conspicuous absence of "team attack on", no bans on the infinites that are incredibly difficult to tell stalling from simple usage (Wario's) while the ones that stalling can easily be prevented with are banned (and for the record, a number of those simply aren't infinites, since this is MLG, that qualification means they can't DQ for them), Wiimotes banned, and a number of other things.

The stage choices are a little unusual, but they're not ridiculous, there are much more important issues with this.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Some of the ruleset for MLG is beyond stupid.

And what's with the Neutrals? Have they lost their minds putting Halberd as a neutral and Norfair as a CP?

MLG =/= Major League Gaming

MLG = Metaknight's Land of the Gods

Seriously this is going to be Meta mains playground.
This is what I put in the Houston thread.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I love the stage list, lol. Janky stages ftw.

I wish they had LM as a CP, though. :(

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Honestly, I opposed it, not so much because I believe that it's a broken stage, but that having it on the first MLG event would be a bad idea, because of all the "not broken, but everyone thinks it is" stages, it requires the most stage knowledge, and people having it down in time for Orlando is simply impractical.

I love the stage though, at least with my Zelda.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Honestly, I opposed it, not so much because I believe that it's a broken stage, but that having it on the first MLG event would be a bad idea, because of all the "not broken, but everyone thinks it is" stages, it requires the most stage knowledge, and people having it down in time for Orlando is simply impractical.

I love the stage though, at least with my Zelda.
The MLG ruleset is a joke the stages are bad. They should just copy the NJ/NY ruleset and went with that. Green Greens is a joke no wireless controllers is fails. THe only good rule they have is the no double characters in teams.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The no wireless controllers rule sucks, but guess what? Wiimotes and whatnot can definitely interfere with matches.... I've seen it happen. And while it's usually easy to fix at smaller tournies, it could take forever to find the problem controller(s) at an event as big as MLG.

It's a necessary evil.

Besides, GC controller ftw. Wiichuck is dumb, lol.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The no wireless controllers rule sucks, but guess what? Wiimotes and whatnot can definitely interfere with matches.... I've seen it happen. And while it's usually easy to fix at smaller tournies, it could take forever to find the problem controller at an event as big as MLG.
I know this but a lot of players use them including a top player like Ultimate Razer who uses the wii chuck but whatever I guess.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The MLG ruleset is a joke the stages are bad. They should just copy the NJ/NY ruleset and went with that. Green Greens is a joke no wireless controllers is fails. THe only good rule they have is the no double characters in teams.
No, it's taking more from the midwest stagelist, I'm sorry but I find the AN stagelist frustratingly conservative.

Green Greens is only a joke for people who never play there, it's a good counterpick, but lack of stage knowledge makes most people consider it ick. I swear all the old melee heads do like a 100x better on it cause they have at least a perfunctory understanding of the stage's mechanics.

Seriously, what's broken about Green Greens?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
What should I do if a dedede cp's me there....
Green Greens that is.

My characters are primarily Peach, Luigi and Kirby btw.
I faced a dedede player last tourney I went to. Lost to his MK first match. Beat his Dedede easy 2nd match. Went to GG 3rd match and got 2 stocked.

I either banned RC or FD I think. Didn't think about GG's at the time........

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
No, it's taking more from the midwest stagelist, I'm sorry but I find the AN stagelist frustratingly conservative.

Green Greens is only a joke for people who never play there, it's a good counterpick, but lack of stage knowledge makes most people consider it ick. I swear all the old melee heads do like a 100x better on it cause they have at least a perfunctory understanding of the stage's mechanics.

play a D3 or a G&W there. The edge of the stage are about as bad as corneria.

Also MW sucks.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
GreenGreens is legit, specially with infinites banned.

Just got to know how to play there. Is not that difficult.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Green Greens that is.

I faced a dedede player last tourney I went to. Lost to his MK first match. Beat his Dedede easy 2nd match. Went to GG 3rd match and got 2 stocked.

No one has any advice for me?
D:<

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
DTP: This is why you ban that stage before you get CP'd there. Simple as that.

Now I couldn't help but noticed that the Houston thread was saying that Team Attack was off. If that's true then you can welcome Falco/MK as a legit team. >_>

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
@DTP:
I did.... but I have no DDD matchup knowledge. =)

And the ruleset was only the 1v1 one, though...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm assuming the lack of mention means off at the moment because it's the default, more likely then on inherently, but it could easily be an oversight.

Green Greens that is.

It IS a good DDD stage, my first advice though, is for wherever you're fighting him eliminate the bottom block, so he can't deathgrab you (keep in mind, as long as there's a block above it, it won't come back). Bonus, almost no chaingrab here.

Make sure you can powershield the ftilt, because if you can, the quarter's are too close to allow him to really utilize the ftilt, cause he can't back off at all (I believe you can punish it with a DACUS, and it's slower then reaction time).

The small stage minimizes the fact that he's a fattie, so an up-smash is reasonable, also he he's at the sides, you can kill with moves that don't normally kill at reasonable percentages.

General stage tips: airdodge is your friend, if you're near bombs, momentium cancel with it (and believe me, your opponent will try to throw you into them). It also ends the infinite bomb glitch.

Generally though, just get used to it.

Writing on a seperate window.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If TA is off, there's no point in even entering doubles..... it'll just be a spamfest.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
It IS a good DDD stage, my first advice though, is for wherever you're fighting him eliminate the bottom block, so he can't deathgrab you (keep in mind, as long as there's a block above it, it won't come back). Bonus, almost no chaingrab here.
Hey, I never thought of that. I'll keep it in mind if I ever get taken there. Thanks!

MrEh

Smash Hero
Awwwww yeah.

Norfair and Green Greens!

Use a better character.

Isn't Zelda top five in TA off doubles?
Only against crappy characters.

LOL STAGE HAZARDS ARE GAY!!!!

But in all seriousness, people need to be thankful that Japes isn't around.

Top Bottom