• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Inter Milan is the current Europe Champion. Manchester City is an a-ok team.
Could be a good game, but preseasons use to be only for test out players.

You don't need to know how to cheer. Just do random stuff and shout with the crowd, cry GOOOOOAAAAAAAL really loud when either team scores, or just clap when they miss one shot.
Anyway, it's much easier just adapt what other people is doing.

Have fun and share the results ;D

zeldspazz

Smash Master
IF I WAS 18 ID GO TO APEX

But Im just a wee child x.x So I wont be attending even tho its close to me

Bandit

Smash Lord

You don't need to know how to cheer. Just do random stuff and shout with the crowd, cry GOOOOOAAAAAAAL really loud when either team scores, or just clap when they miss one shot.

Sweet, works for me.

I don't do vuvuzela's. Plus, I plan on having a date going with me to this so that would only ruin it.

This game is an exhibition in Baltimore. It'll be my first professional soccer game of any kind, and I will share the results.

I hear lies from your lips.

Manchester City is not an a-ok team, to tell people otherwise is just lies.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I just meant I haven't seen them winning something really important lately, but they're on the Premier League, and most English teams are able to compete well.
It's going to be an interesting game, tho.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
so I finally uploaded all my Gaga pictures to facebook. I think there's one or two of you here who are my facebook friends and can, thusly, see it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
seems like every post of mine lately is met by overwhelming aproval from Samusbrawler.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol you're posting great vids. I'm surprised no one else is saying anything here though .__.

EDIT: Samusbrawler? O__o
Didn't know people still called me that lol

Bandit

Smash Lord
I just meant I haven't seen them winning something really important lately, but they're on the Premier League, and most English teams are able to compete well.
It's going to be an interesting game, tho.
They are on the premier league yes, but that really doesn't mean they're good :/.
Futbol Review!

Manchester City vs Inter-Milan @ Ravens Stadium in Baltimore, MD

This was my first soccer game (oh no, I said that dreadful word...), and I had a pretty good time. We got there about 20 minutes before the game, and found our seats at field level around midfield (yes, primo seats). We got there in time for the opening ceremonies where both teams walked out together with a young soccer player walking next to each of them. They lined up and the USA national anthem was played. I was surprised no other anthem was played considering neither being a USA team, but it is a small detail and I would've been pining for the game to start anyway.

Manchester City started out playing a defensive formation while Inter-Milan immediately took an offensive approach. For the first 20 minutes. Manchester City didn't allow a shot from Inter-Milan while racketing up 3 or 4 on them. They were continually causing congestion and setting up chances on the offensive side. I was surprised at how bad Inter-Milan seemed to be playing in the early going. Perhaps they were surprised by the Manchester City approach.

About the 20 minute mark, Manchester City forward tripped an Inter-Milan defender. A foul was called but the defender popped up and got in the face of the M. City forward. FISTICUFFS! While no punches were thrown, there was plenty of pushing and shoving as more than 8 players got involved. A yellow card was handed out to both the M. City forward and Inter-Milan defender and play continued.

30 seconds later, the ball was lobbed ahead into M. City territory where an M. City defender tried to head the ball. An Inter-Milan forward came up behind him to challenge. The defender reared his head back to head the ball and bashed the Inter-Milan forward in the forehead. It was completely unintentional and he had no idea the other guy was there. The forward needed stitches to stop the bleeding (major gash) and the defender was given a red card.

20:30 into the game and M. City is a man down to one of the best teams in Europe. Let's just say this was the deciding factor in the game.

Inter-Milan would go on to get a goal before the 40th minute on a beautiful give & go move. The game went into halftime at 1-0 Inter-Milan.

M. City came out in the 2nd half with another defensive formation and, as my smasher friend stated, "started camping harder than MK players." It was an ill-advised strategy that I can't understand why they wouldn't get aggressive. They were down a goal in a game where they were still looking strong by limiting Inter-Milan's opportunities. The first half only had 3 Inter-Milan shots (one being the goal). The defensive formation proved to be futile as Inter-Milan scored their 2nd goal before the 60th minute.

Down 2 goals, M. City continued with a defensive formation and refused to try and put together an offensive attack. Inter-Milan would go on to net a 3rd goal later in the game to ice it (ball was cleared out of the box and the halfback was right there to put it away in the top corner... beautiful shot).

The final score was 3-0 Inter-Milan even though it should've been 5-0. There were at least 2 open netters missed. One went wide that a young player had the goalie fooled, and the other was from their star player Eto'o. He had a 1v1 with the goalie and jammed his toe into the ground when he tried to shoot. He tripped and lost his head of steam allowing the defender to catch back up to him.

All in all, I had a good time and the game definitely had its moments. I wish I had a stake in the game (a favorite team) because I would've enjoyed it more. From a completely neutral stance, the game was dominated by Inter-Milan, but it would've been a much better game had the red card not played such a heavy factor so early.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Bandit you should be a sports commentator =D I think it'd suit you.

Also, quickly, can someone tell me how to eliminate the black in the chart of the MU thread? I will forever [not] be in your debt!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
lol you're posting great vids. I'm surprised no one else is saying anything here though .__.

EDIT: Samusbrawler? O__o
Didn't know people still called me that lol
you obviously still respond to it.

What should I call you instead? Minion of the hedgedawg supporter army?

Bandit

Smash Lord
Bandit you should be a sports commentator =D I think it'd suit you.

Also, quickly, can someone tell me how to eliminate the black in the chart of the MU thread? I will forever [not] be in your debt!
If given the opportunity, I would jump all over the chance to be a sports commentator.

-----

Photo Help (How I would do it):
1. Save the image and open it in photoshop
2. Duplicate the layer and delete the background layer (Image will be on layer 1 and background will be transparent)
3. Wand or Hand Erase the black
4. Save as a PNG
5. Post to SWF

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
See... I've tried to erase the black, and I've used the wand tool/other tools, but the zelda pic behind the chart ends up really pixelated and horrible looking. I wonder how Jujux managed to do it *summons Jujux*

Also... what do people make of the new ruleset? Luigi's Mansion is back...

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My prediction is that a lot of TOs will stick to whatever ruleset they're using already..... the new one's fun and forward-thinking and everything, but I have a feeling nobody's gonna stray much from the established norm.

titaniachkt

Smash Cadet
Name: Titaniachkt(titania) (pink please :D)
Reigon: Caribbean (Trinidad)
P.Type: Casual/Tournament(tentative)
Teammates: N/A
Colour: Original
Sheik?: Situational
Secondaries: Everyone ( mostly Link, Ganondorf, T.Link, Lucario)
Photo etc: N/A :(

Thanks Hedgedawg~

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
My prediction is that a lot of TOs will stick to whatever ruleset they're using already..... the new one's fun and forward-thinking and everything, but I have a feeling nobody's gonna stray much from the established norm.
sadly. i was hoping DP would finally be usable to....
Name: Titaniachkt(titania) (pink please :D)
Reigon: Caribbean (Trinidad)
P.Type: Casual/Tournament(tentative)
Teammates: N/A
Colour: Original
Sheik?: Situational
Secondaries: Everyone ( mostly Link, Ganondorf, T.Link, Lucario)
Photo etc: N/A :(

Thanks Hedgedawg~
hello new person!! :3

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
See... I've tried to erase the black, and I've used the wand tool/other tools, but the zelda pic behind the chart ends up really pixelated and horrible looking. I wonder how Jujux managed to do it *summons Jujux*

Ahah, sorry, I've forgot this .___. I'll fix it when I can, don't worry.

Welcome titaniachkt and Linkz (late ~)

edit : Lol@new ruleset o/ !

edit 2 : Done.

I didn't really know what ratio I should write ... Tell me if there is an error, I'll fix it.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
APEX Brawl Pools said:
Pool 41

Fujita
Smurf
GreyFox86
Riot

Minic
MXXD123
No freaking way! I can't believe you two face off at the very beginning!
What are the chances!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Kk I'm going to steal that chart =D How did you get rid of the black? I didn't try the alpha channel thing.

wow @pools. I love zelda dittos! good luck.

Bandit

Smash Lord
That's so rough that they have to go at it.

I got Chibo and Brood in my pool. Oh boy......
If you haven't played Chibo, he's probably only going to play one of two characters: Rob and MK. He camps and camps and camps and camps and just when you think he might see an opening to be aggressive, he camps some more.

His ROB relies on his gyro. If you take that from him, he flips out (like a lot of ROBs). He is a smart player and he does know his spacing well. I've played him a few times, but it was in Brawl+. I just know from watching him play Brawl that his playstyle is similar if not the same.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Omg.... I hate Zelda dittos so much. I might actually pull out my secondary (it's random...)

Quick someone tell me how to Zelda ditto!

Anyone know the rest of the people in that pool? Gimme some knowledge guys!! This Zelda is flying blind, I have never heard of any of them!

Are we still planning a Zelda dinner?

Top Bottom