• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Luck of the draw. Good try Fuujin, and awesome job repping Zelda that deserves sooo much respect <3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Did you use Sheik at all?

Nietono is the top Olimar of Japan... and it's a -4 Matchup. Don't be depressed, it's a near impossible matchup.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Yeah I just didn't think it was THAT bad, like there's literally nothing zelda can do.
I played Rich Brown and it wasn't nearly that bad.

My Sheik is super rusty I haven't used her in anything other than friendlies in like 4 months.

:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ah I see.

Zelda really has no way to approach Olimar and shaking Pikmin off isn't always guaranteed... Just remember it's not you, but the character.

How's Riot doing atm?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Idk his pools gone now
I'm assuming he beat puff tho so maybe got 2nd?
Nope.avi

Took games 2 and 3 with Jigglypuff.

Mad respect to that Zelda though, I thought Zelda would've been free for Diddy but I was dead wrong. I got legitimately outplayed and no bull**** was involved.

Jigglypuff was a different story I guess, they were close, but not down to the last hit.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Nope.avi

Took games 2 and 3 with Jigglypuff.

Mad respect to that Zelda though, I thought Zelda would've been free for Diddy but I was dead wrong. I got legitimately outplayed and no bull**** was involved.

Jigglypuff was a different story I guess, they were close, but not down to the last hit.
So wait Riot lost :c?
Or got 3rd?

Damn... that sucks, only scary made it out then?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aw good try Riot and good **** with Puff!

And this is why... Jigglypuff does NOT go even with Zelda :urg:. Take notes Zelda panel!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Aw good try Riot and good **** with Puff!

And this is why... Jigglypuff does NOT go even with Zelda :urg:. Take notes Zelda panel!
I thought it would've been in zelda's favor so I tried to avoid the match up. Oddly enough it was the matchup that saved me.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Olimar is Zelda's stupidest matchup.

Zelda's ONLY saving grace is d-smash, which gets ***** by pivot grab and aerials.

Did you try reflecting pikmin back at all?

Sonic is ridiculous too, his moveset is atrocious, probably worse than Zelda's lol, but he doesn't need it as he just gets the percent lead and runs away. It's so difficult to catch him, even on a small stage like Battlefield.

Aww, it's a shame only one Zelda got out of the pools, but let's take solace in at least one of you guys got out, amirite?

It takes serious balls to rep such an awful character in such a huge tournament.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Olimar is Zelda's stupidest matchup.

Zelda's ONLY saving grace is d-smash, which gets ***** by pivot grab and aerials.

Did you try reflect his pikmin back at all
I tried reflecting them it just doesn't work

Like you can use Nayru's when you see one coming but by the time nayru's lag is over you have like 2-3 more pikmin on you and if you use it too close you're just going to get grabbed.
All he had to do was shield my attacks and grab/smash.

I approach from the ground I get pivot grabbed/f smashed
I approach from the air I get pivot grabbed/u smashed
I try to camp I get like 3 pikmin on me by the time Din's even reaches him AND he always has time to shield.
Idk what else I could have done.

Ill try to find the wii I saved the match on and you guys can watch and see if there was anything I could have done differently
Unfortunatly I think the wii could have been a casuals lol(no SD card, no hacks, not even a name on it)

Anyways on a slightly more positive note
My MMs so far that I can remember have been.

Steep:mario2: 5$ Bo5: I won 3-0

Veggi:mario2: 1$ Bo3: I won 2-0

Eber1875(or some **** like that):mario2:Bo3:
I won 2-0

Prawn:popo::metaknight:(two matches) Bo3: I won 2-0 and lost 0-2 lol

Trevonte :fox: 3$: Bo3: I lost 0-2

I still need to do Mikehaze, Illmatic, Mampam, deltacawd, and a bunch of others

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So is Riot the best Zelda? I've actually never really thought about who is actually the best Zelda... In my head it's always just been Fuu, Riot, and Scary as the top. Given I don't actually really watch other Zeldas, so w/e.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I still think DM is one of the top Zeldas at Ed/Riot's level for sure. Problem is he no longer posts here and doesn't main her anymore.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
ScaryLB59[/QUOTE said:
2-1 Keitaro (THANK YOU ZELDA!!!)
Keitaro said you only used Sheik tho...

Anyways I just left but I got like 15 MMs down today but only like 2 recorded.
one against MH was recorded on Esams wii and I think its the one where I SD on a stock because as I was lining up my ledge cancel the guy next had some weird outburst and like bobbed his head all up in my face during the match :/

Ill elaborate later.

Oh also, M2K saw me playing some people and for some reason wanted to play some matches

After playing and talking to him I found out he thinks Zelda is worse than Ganondorf >_>

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So is Riot the best Zelda? I've actually never really thought about who is actually the best Zelda... In my head it's always just been Fuu, Riot, and Scary as the top. Given I don't actually really watch other Zeldas, so w/e.
Scary and Riot have the tournament results. idk about Fuujin though.

Go look at the new tournament thread. lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
You guys got the same placing because you both didn't make it out of the pools.

Fascinating M2K's placement imo. Was unexpected.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Back from Apex. Did booty in singles but I think I did pretty well in teams. My lack of Jiggly experience was the end of me. I could beat puffsters Diddy but I fell for his Jiggs shenanigans. Also his jiggs was just plain very good.

Thought I had it after everyone in my pool played Kekera and I was the only one to get him down to 1 stock... but different matchups mean a lot I guess =P.

I met Fujin who is nothing like what I thought he would be. To be honest I was expecting an angry Nicki Minage. It was good to meet you!

I didn't find Kaylo. I have no idea what she looks like and I couldn't find her gamer tag anywhere. I also checked out all females for a Kaylo name tag and didn't find it... Yes that did involve me staring at their chest area but I tried to do it when they weren't looking =(

I got almost no friendlies on Sat because they were strictly making sure no one was having friendlies so that sucked.

After I got knocked out of singles I basically stayed up all night drinking and drank throughout Sunday so I wasn't exactly searching to get my *** handed to me. So, I'm sorry I got like no info for us on matchups that aren't in doubles or Jigglypuff, Diddy, Meta or Kirby.

I still had fun of course. I love watching great players play and doubles is still my favorite thing about brawl. Let's see what the meta ban has in store for brawl.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I didn't find Kaylo. I have no idea what she looks like and I couldn't find her gamer tag anywhere. I also checked out all females for a Kaylo name tag and didn't find it... Yes that did involve me staring at their chest area but I tried to do it when they weren't looking =(
:smirk:

How'd everyone go in teams then?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Teams was great. We lost kinda early-ish but we lost to Razer and partner and Ally and Dojo so it wasn't anything unexpected. And we definitely made them work damn hard for the win.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Good **** as always Riot :D

Do you think Zelda got the rep she deserved at Apex this year?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lmao Riot. I tried to find you after your dubs set on stream, but I forgot what you looked like after an hour or so. ;; & I didn't have a badge since I didn't enter anything. (Not sure if paying spectators got tags, but I didn't pay, sooo..... =X)

Met Ed and Fuu tho, and neither was anything like I expected. Ed, you're ****ing awesome. Fuu, we didn't get to talk much, but you seem much cooler in person. Always the case with trolls!

EDIT: Sorry for turning down matches btw, but even at a big *** tournament, I still couldn't bring myself to enjoy playing the game lol.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yay for being ****ing awesome!!

Why you no give shoutout Riot? :awesome:

This was some kinda tourney. Riot, I wish I could've been there when you were playing puffster. Think you can tell me what happened? Also always a pleasure to see you man*

KayLo: Greater than awesome! It was so much fun to hangout with you. Sorry I couldn't come along with the escapades after each day since I had to keep focused. Next time for sure if you're there!!

Fuu: so not what I expected and it was alot of fun playing you man. Of course if you want advice for Sheik, I got ya. You're Zelda is nice though.

So I drowned in round two. I just woke up and started playing and made myself mad... Yup

0-2 Rich Brown
0-2 Kismet
0-2 Delta-Cod
2-0 Pitzer

I could've taken this pool but yea, learning experience nonetheless.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It was amusing watching one of Riot's doubs matches. One of the commentators was like "whoa what DTilt to UTilt?" Amused me so much.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Good attempt guys! I'm actually out of words to say atm, after watching Apex stream and following brackets with my bf, I've gotten kind of tired, as if I myself had been there lol. I didn't see anything of Fuu or Ed on stream, but I did see Riot doing doubles. Good stuff Riot. I was surprised you weren't teaming with Bizkit though.

I really wish I could have been there, but meh money. Knowing my luck and all of y'all's luck, I'd probably have Brood in pools or something, just more Olimars to deal with. Ah well.

And yeah Supreme Dirt, I still get people amazed that Zelda could do things like d-tilt to up-tilt as well. You should see how they react if they see Love Jump xD

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Sorry Ed! I was gonna give shoutouts to everyone I wanted to in the actually Apex results thread... but I guess it makes more sense to leave them for the Zelda players here. It was nice to see you again. Next national I really need to just find you people and hang with you... I'm so easily distracted with brawl that I usually just want to go do other things once doubles is over. Good job though btw, everyone makes mistakes and you still did very well!

Kaylo. I'll find you next time. You should have faked an ID badge so I could find you!

@Courier: Zelda rep. It was actually pretty decent. I got on stream and even though I didn't win I think people saw what she can do. I didn't do ANY friendlies but I saw Fujin reppin' her and showing people what's up. I mean we definitely could have got more rep. But for the low amount of Zelda players we did pretty damn good. I felt bad not making it out of pools. I got up there and the pool makers were like "You didn't make it out?" and i was like... "no... I play Zelda... in singles too... D="

@Ed on Puffster. I honestly feel like matchup experience was a large problem. I have never played a real Jigglypuff before so I was learning on the fly. I got hit by rollout a lot. I didn't know what that move was capable of doing to me or that it could possibly hit 3 times (or more?) in one charge. Also as much as I should be used to it I still don't have enough patience to deal with people who try to time me out properly. He was 100% willing and able to time my Zelda out with her air mobility.
After I beat his Diddy I sort of let my guard down. I thought that since that matchup was worse that Jiggs would be no problem... my b.
Our matches were close at least. Last stock and all that, but I feel that matchup inexperience got the better of me. Also Puffster is a very determined player, if it were any other puff I honestly feel like it would have been different.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
oh man I couldn't watch the stream for early saturday thanks to my PC >_>
that's when I probably missed Riot's match on stream x_x (I'm searching them on youtube later)

anyways you all get mad respect for doing what you did there, I couldn't have done it better

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Im kinda disappointed with how much of a mess APEX was.
Like they claimed one room was dedicated to friendlies or MMs and one room was dedicated to tournament matches, but the so called friendly/MM room had no set ups of brawl what so ever.
All it had was Smash 64, melee, Street fighter and MVC in it.

The only brawl set ups were in the tournament room and every hour the announcer would tell people they were going to be DQd if they got caught playing friendlies on them :/.

I didn't see any other set ups so I just said **** it and played my MMs and friendlies, still didn't get all of them in because there were hardly any free TVs most of the time.
I managed to get a good amount in though

Top Bottom