• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I... don't know. I usually only kill with BThrow at like... 130+% against like MK, Kirby, when they're being super careful about not being lightning heeled. At the edge of the stage. Because apparently airdodge -> buffer grab is occasionally a legit recovery option. Mostly against people conditioned to expect an actual attack.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Merry Christmas Ed and Two-Ell :)

Merry Christmas to everybody else as well! Hope you all have a wonderful time tonight and tomorrow!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ouch can't find a proper video thread? qq

JuJux has always been amazing with Zelda :) Hopefully people don't get the wrong idea about her (ie. she's good) from that video.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Merry Christmas for yesterday peeps.Haven't had much time to be on here at all. Let's discuss what stickies should be updated and or taken down for the new year!

:phone:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
so i got to play skyward sword today. its pretty amazing, although Zelda's a bit of a ***** pushing Link off ****. lol

Fi is an annoying automaton w/ no hands lol

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
sorry for not posting a merry christmas thing, but I didn't have my PC working that time x_x

hope you all had a nice christmas and you get a cool new year party!!

happy new year!!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
That's gonna be tough.

I got Gnes and Keitaro. I'm hopin I can get out.

Riot got Kakera......yup.

Also, sorry about not updating my thread.....major life stuff and also worrying about Apex.......time to train for Diddy/Falco.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I love how Zeldas start out fighting REALLY good players. Fuujin, I pity you... a lot. Like, words can't even describe... what is this, I don't even... I feel as if I had gotten these brackets lol.

EH-HEM, still! I wish you the best of luck guys.

And Ed, Gnes is very fun to play against, best Diddy in my region. I'm sure your previous Diddy MU fights will help a bit though

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well I'll be rooting for all of you. You guys can do it, and if not I'm sure you'll **** in all your MMs. :)

@Ed Unfortunately Asa won't be going to Apex for your money match (he was really looking forward to playing you and I told him to get you a lei too, haha!). Shame because he's been getting a lot of Zelda exp from DM and some from me :(

Zeldas<3

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Ok so Nietongo: Apparently uses olimar:.....

Kai: I don't even know who he uses.

SaberGuy: I'm pretty sure he's a melee player, but it says he uses MK in brawl on his profile....

Skirby: Says who uses ZSS. Im assuming she's a scrub

so
:olimar::zerosuitsamus::metaknight: and not sure who Kai uses.
All really bad match ups so I'm really hoping all or most of them are clueless about the Zelda MU if not I'm kinda screwed.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Kai is a sonic if I'm not mistaken. He's either MD/VA or NY/NJ region and he has a few top 10 finishes.

Thanks guys for all the support. Me, Riot, and Fuujin will do our best! Hopefully I won't lean on Sheik too much though I see uses for her against Keitaro and maybe Gnes. I really wanna **** some people with Zelda!

Shame Asa can't come, I was hoping to try and win a lei from him. Riot, Fuu, we'll definitely have to meet and take a pic of some sort! Must do!!!

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Arent Diddy and Falco supposed to be even?
with sheik that is

I think Riot lucked out the best out of all of us.
I mean ICs is bad but it isn't olimar bad, and that's probably the only good player in his pool.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Shame Asa can't come, I was hoping to try and win a lei from him. Riot, Fuu, we'll definitely have to meet and take a pic of some sort! Must do!!!
The brawlers in my region are digging deep in our pockets and hopefully Asa will be able to come after all :)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Got my Apex pools, but apparently you guys already know that lol.

The two best seem to be Kakera and Da puffster. I've never heard of either of them but I was told who they play.

Someone post their Jigglypuff matchup tricks for me. Just in case puffster goes Jiggs instead of Diddy.

I'm also worried about my complete lack of consistency or sense... It won't be unlike me to beat Kakera but then lose two randoms D=

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Got a very good Jigglypuff secondary in my area so I have a slight amount of MU experience against her.

First all, NEVER pick a large stage or a stage where you can move through the floor like Halberd and Delfino. If Jigglypuff has a % lead, it'll be very difficult to win because she can just float around the stage and cancel your Din's with multiple moves. In the end, you'll be timed out and mentally exhausted. If you have the % lead, be cautious because Jigglypuff has some pretty decent spacing moves.

Don't be greedy, not one single bit. Do whatever you can to avoid taking damage. Jigglypuff can EASILY punish a Zelda up smash. Up smash will either ruin you, or it'll win you the match if the opponent doesn't have a clue about that move (try not to use this skill too much imo). You should capitalize on punishes, though this will be hard with her aerial mobility. Jigglypuff has a very bad ground game, so stay grounded yourself where Zelda excels. Use fair/bair only as a retreating move. Zelda missing her up air is very punishable. Nair is probably good for platform pressure, but that's it?

Never approach Jigglypuff when she's using Sing on the ledge (this shouldn't be used though). The ledge cancels her sing, and makes you an easy target for Rest/fair. Rollout lasts longer than you'd think, and the final part of Rollout still can kill Zelda at early percents. While Rollout seems easy to deal with and pathetic, it seems to land more than you'd think. Nayru's Love isn't always effective against it. If there are platforms, take advantage of that.

Pound is an approaching option for Jigglypuff. Be careful, the hitboxes last and extend longer than you'd think but it also makes her punishable with a Fsmash (you'll be grounded).

Jigglypuff has a DACUS on the ground so try to learn the range of that move. If for some strange reason Jigglypuff stays on the ground and retreats slightly, expect a DACUS. Jigglypuff's own fair/bair can be a Wall of Pain can make it difficult to recover. Love jumping might help you escape this... the problem is Jigglypuff's up air can juggle. If the dair is read, Jigglypuff can Sing and punish.

Might add more stuff later... Good luck! <3

Edit: Here's a 2 in 1 video for:

Riot and Ed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfk2APQxReo
Fuujin and Ed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFdZ8fXvciY
Ed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFkJUb_-csc

Top Bottom