• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Ive never played a Jigglypuff main so I dunno...
I guess try to stay grounded like Cour said because it will be risky for her to approach Zelda.
I wouldn't go for LKs either

But watch out I heard his Jigglypuff took a game off of M2Ks MK so don't take him lightly.

EdiT: you think you can beat kakera though?

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Olimar though

Like, I really, really dislike this character.
I know what you mean :/

I'd much rather be up against ICs/MK even if they are really really good.

Hopefully the dude will feel bad and go Falco or something, otherwise its pretty much an autoloss

Also what are the chances of Riot and I both getting like the top 2 Japanese players in our pools....

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I know what you mean :/

I'd much rather be up against ICs/MK even if they are really really good.

Hopefully the dude will feel bad and go Falco or something, otherwise its pretty much an autoloss

Also what are the chances of Riot and I both getting like the top 2 Japanese players in our pools....
I doubt he'd go easy on you... I think Zelda is more "viable" and mid tier in Japan.

D Tier

Pikachu
Zelda/Sheik
Toon Link
Peach
Mario

Olimar is terrible for Zelda... :( Zelda doesn't have a reliable way to get Pikmin off her, and Yellows are such a pain since they are immune to sparkles (extra hard to get off) and have longer range... as if Zelda didn't have enough trouble getting in as it is. And those Purple up smashes.... :urg:

I guess you guys know this but don't stale dsmash since that move is a godsend against Olimar. Going Sheik is probably better though and luckily Fuu can use Sheik :)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
No. I don't actually think I can take out kakera... I will be working on convincing myself I can from now until APEX though lol.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Here's hoping!

See you all there. If I don't recognize you say stuff to me, I'm fairly socially awkward but I'll try to make it not too bad I promise.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Zelda can win if she believes in herself! It works in the movies.

Good luck at APEX Zeldas!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
o wow this is awful... they're shaping up to be death pools! Good luck to everyone!
kick everyone

@Jiggs MU: Revenge usmash after being down a stock is great against jiggs. OoS kicks are decent because her hurtbox expands when she jumps. She'll utterly destroy your recovery so DI high =D Trading Utilt is good because her aerials are forced to touch it! Also if you ever ever nair into her whilst grounded just jump and uair straight after out of habit because the likeliest trajectory for a character of that size is straight up.

also didn't Alan say you can grab release to uair? lol at zelda grabbing jiggs... still I suppose a pivot grab could be decent ?

I think grounded zelda gets baited too easily in this matchup

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Gasp Jigglymaster (Puffster) in this thread!!! Trying to see what Riot's up to!!!

Grounded Zelda may be bad... but an aerial Zelda is far worse :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What's also strange is that Ganondorf is actually... better than 5 other characters. Hmm..

Also, the Zelda boards might be the ONLY character boards where NO panelist for their character has commented a single word about the chart...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Part of it is their stagelist. Only 6 stages really drastically changes the dynamics of the game.

Also the only character which is even debatably worse than Ganon is Falcon. And he's not worse, he's very, very marginally better. But not by much.

I mean Pit is high tier there and Peach is low tier :/

Though if you watch japanese Peaches, it's kinda obvious why she is.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Will someone link the Japanese tier and stage list please?

I like Japan's rules; people shouldn't win by getting a lead and avoiding any real confrontation for the rest of the match.
That's Why Zelda, Link, Ganon and others are higher: they don't have to take a ton of damage chasing the opponent around. It's 10min,3 stock, timeouts are played as sudden death matches, and it's dishonorable to run from your opponent, like in martial arts competitions IIRC.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Just like if, in Japan, time limit is really just to prevent matches to last forever, not a way to win like everywhere else.
Also, in Japan, only static stages are meant for serious play.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Apex folk: Leaving at 1 tomorrow, so I should get to the venue around 2:30. See you guys there! :colorful:

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
also didn't Alan say you can grab release to uair? lol at zelda grabbing jiggs... still I suppose a pivot grab could be decent ?
yeah it's something kind of weird, because EVERY SINGLE TIME I "tested" it with my brother trying to do something to avoid it, he couldn't do a thing, against CPU's it also worked iirc. But when I played a friend who is a jiggs main I never got it... So I would suggest to give it a try by yourself and if you think it's a viable thing go and do it :3

and again Good Luck everyone on Apex you can do it guys!!!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wishing Riot, Fuu, and Ed luck tomorrow. Knock 'em out and rep our favourite princess!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Alright, I'm finished with my pool. With a little help from Sheik, moving on to Round 2 (2nd Seed). Awaiting other Zelda pools.

2-0 gambit
2-0 JaZz
2-1 Keitaro (THANK YOU ZELDA!!!)
0-2 Gnes (Great matches)

:phone:

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Just played Nietongo....

The horror...

Would post an appropriate gif but I'm on my phone.

I can say I've never been ***** so bad in tournament in my life.
That match up is ridiculously bad I didn't even know what to do...
I only got him to like 60
I saved one of the matches ill see if someone can upload it.

Anyways I didn't make it out of pools, nearly got timed out by kais sonic but got 3rd.
Atm riot is still in his pool and I saw him beating puffsters diddy.
No idea where scary is.

:phone:

Top Bottom