• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
Hello JigglyZelda003!! :)

My opinion on Lady Gaga... I was astounded by her collaboration with Beyonce for the music video telephone. Beyonce being such a talented soulful singer, I never imagined her ever working with Lady Gaga. But Lady Gaga has talent as well. She's just different I guess. Different in the sense that alot of people find her weird and love to make her the center of jokes on the internet and of everything else I guess. I find her weird but I appreciate some of the things she's contributed. I loved the Telephone music video btw. It's the Alejandro video that I find hard to understand. I'm wondering if she's gonna work with that talented young singer, Charice, who is actually from the country where I'm studying right now.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I've seen that math problem before. When you add and subtract and all that jazz, you create....anomalies that really aren't there. Everyone pays 10, so the owner has 30. The owner pays them back 1 apiece, so the owner now has $27, and the others each have one, which means they essentially only payed $9. The $2 that the owner kept is already accounted for, so you can't add that onto the total, and that's where the problem arises.

It's easier to explain verbally.....with pictures and stuff. I'm also very tired.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Everyone pays 10 units. 3(1) are removed. 2 are with the salesman. Once the total changes to 25 the goal changes with it. You don't add 2 to 27 you subtract it. 3 men pay 9 dollars and the salesman steals two. The outcome is 25.

Edit: Late fail. Stone beat me to it.

Also, to spur on the argument, I don't think Beyonce isn't as great as she's made out to be.

Listen to Etta James. That's real singing. Being the best today doesn't mean you're the best that ever was.

Imo, telephone is a disgrace. What a horrible message.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I love weird music! It's just that Lady Gaga's weird, I've been thinking, is sort of based on a number of different weirds previous artists have semi-accomplished. I'm starting to see her more as a tribute act than someone who is totally unique and completely off-the-wall. But there's no denying her videos are epic imo.

Also, maths is a big nono for me...

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Hi Zelda boards. I use Zelda as a secondary of mine so I guess I'll like it here :)
Hello and welcome!

BTW, where are you from?

And wtf does OTT mean?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ott

Hi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjXBIGgqf6k

Just leaving that there. Zelda music is too good.
That did sound good. I like.

Who is Michael Bolton?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bolton

Everyone pays 10 units. 3(1) are removed. 2 are with the salesman. Once the total changes to 25 the goal changes with it. You don't add 2 to 27 you subtract it. 3 men pay 9 dollars and the salesman steals two. The outcome is 25.
Just because I haven't done that a mathematical equation for a while, I'm going to form one from this. X represents the amount of money everyone of the three men originally paid.

3x-5=25
3x-3-2=25
3(x-1)-2=25
3(x-1)=27
x-1=9
x=10

Using the other equation, everyone would actually have to pay more:

3(x-1)+2=30
3(x-1)=28
x=28/3+1
x~10,33

Yeah, I'm slightly bored.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
Hello and welcome!

BTW, where are you from?
I'm originally from the States, New York to be exact but after 6th grade my parents made me study High School in Asian countries like Taiwan, China, and Hong Kong thus explaning my Asia tour as my location. I still have around 50 more countries to visit to complete it :laugh: I'm part Chinese so we have alot of connections in those countries. Right now I'm in the Philippines taking up Physical Therapy as my course and its sooooooooooooo hard :confused: So no tournaments :( I'm 19 but I'm actually new to the internet too xD How embarrassing! I've only begun surfing the web for around 4-5 months. It all began when my friend urged me to make a facebook account. I've only used computers for school stuff like printing out assignments from Microsoft Word in the past.

Somehow I've made my answer an intro rather than just answering your question xD

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Wow, that's cool. It must be quite an adventure to travel from one place to another while in school. And over 50 countries? That's just crazy.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that's cool. It must be quite an adventure to travel from one place to another while in school. And over 50 countries? That's just crazy.
Oh no. I study in one place first and complete the year before I move school and country. My parents are actually responsible for that. It's not much of a choice for me.

Edit: Oh yeah Half-Split Soul, where are you from?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
At the math problem, yes, I solved it about 5 mins after posting it.

Congratulations Zeldas, you solved it (as nobody on my family did lol).

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Edit: Oh yeah Half-Split Soul, where are you from?
I live in Finland. It's that small country in the northern Europe that nobody knows anything of.

Oh, and here's a fun fact: your username is a really common boys' name in here.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
I live in Finland. It's that small country in the northern Europe that nobody knows anything of.

Oh, and here's a fun fact: your username is a really common boys' name in here.
Oh really?! I didn't know that. How do you pronounce my name there? Cuz we pronounce it like "Jay-nee"

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I can't believe you're 19 and new to the internet. That just sounds so ridiculous to me since I started at like 7. :laugh:

If you need any internet related help, I can be of assistance.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe you're 19 and new to the internet. That just sounds so ridiculous to me since I started at like 7. :laugh:

If you need any internet related help, I can be of assistance.
Well I think I can manage xD As in you regularly started using at 7?

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
She's got a cool style I'll give her that. However, your voice sounding good coming out of an auto tuner doesn't mean your talented.

Imo all her cool points go straight to the fashion designers.

She's a spectacle. Nothing more nothing less.

The days of real singing are long gone.

Edit: Also, Silent Rain...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIEEEAAAAAHHHHHGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRROOOOOPPPPPPHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
LOL at your reaction!

I don't think she uses an autotuner for all of this performance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/38164749#38164749

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Min 10 and I'm already done with that song... It's so random (in the non-funny way)....
earrape indeed..

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
you forgot that finland also is the country w/ alot of constants
It is? When did that happen?

Oh really?! I didn't know that. How do you pronounce my name there? Cuz we pronounce it like "Jay-nee"
Whoo boy, how should I explain this... the rules of Finnish pronounciation are quite different from those of English. In English the correct way to pronounce letters changes depending on the words they're in. That's why it's simple to think that when pronouncing the words they consist of syllables that are pronounced in a certain way and then write out those syllables. In Finnish, however, every letter has a specific sound attached to it and when speaking those sounds are simply placed after each other in the order the letters are in the word.

So sadly, the best I can answer is that in Finnish your username is pronounced J-a-n-n-e.

Sorry about the confusing and essay-ish post, but I really didn't know how to explain this. -_-

The most unwanted song>A very drunk Amy Winehouse
Ultimate Remix Chaos>The most unwanted song.

Besides, I liked that song. Then again, I can honestly say I like this song too.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
Whoo boy, how should I explain this... the rules of Finnish pronounciation are quite different from those of English. In English the correct way to pronounce letters changes depending on the words they're in. That's why it's simple to think that when pronouncing the words they consist of syllables that are pronounced in a certain way and then write out those syllables. In Finnish, however, every letter has a specific sound attached to it and when speaking those sounds are simply placed after each other in the order the letters are in the word.

So sadly, the best I can answer is that in Finnish your username is pronounced J-a-n-n-e.

Sorry about the confusing and essay-ish post, but I really didn't know how to explain this. -_-

Hahaha! I totally didn't get it either but I know that in Finland Janne is a boy's name xD Thanks for trying to explain it to me though.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
The most unwanted song>A very drunk Amy Winehouse
this song is so random, some parts i like others leave me like wtf
It is? When did that happen?
hmmm maybe im getting finnish mixed up w/ something else.

so its pronounced jayayenene?.....

i got lost in explanation. D:

O.O what is that?
Besides, I liked that song. Then again, I can honestly say I like this song too.
this one is interesting

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Hahaha! I totally didn't get it either but I know that in Finland Janne is a boy's name xD Thanks for trying to explain it to me though.
Yay, another fail to add to my resume! :)

hmmm maybe im getting finnish mixed up w/ something else.
Or I didn't understand what you meant. Oh well.

so its pronounced jayayenene?.....

i got lost in explanation. D:
No, not really... The sounds that the letters have when they appear in words are not the same than when they're said alone. Vowels have much shorter sounds when they're in a word. If the vowel sound in a word is long, it's written with douple vowel. For example, if the word has a long "a" sound in it, it'll be written "aa".

Consonants on the other hand have sounds that are impossibe to say without a vowel preceding or following them in a word. That's why when saying just the letter "k", we actually say "koo", but when the letter k is in a word, we just create the "k" sound.

Thanks to this you just need to learn the specific sound every letter has once and you can correctly pronounce any Finnish word you'll ever encounter. Likewise, once you've learned the pronounciation you can correctly write any word just by hearing someone say it.

I know this sounds really confusing, but it's actually quite simple. If I could explain this face to face you'd understand it instantly, but alas, it's really hard to explain on paper.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
LOL at your reaction!

I don't think she uses an autotuner for all of this performance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/38164749#38164749
Haha. I was worried it might not be Shinji after posting.

Anyway, I meant that statement as more of a generalization of modern music. It's all about the gimmicks. Very few artists today can sing and they're hardly known about.

I'm glad Florence + The Machine is getting recognition but I worry they'll be assimilated by the fiend that is mainstream music.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
No, not really... The sounds that the letters have when they appear in words are not the same than when they're said alone. Vowels have much shorter sounds when they're in a word. If the vowel sound in a word is long, it's written with douple vowel. For example, if the word has a long "a" sound in it, it'll be written "aa".

Consonants on the other hand have sounds that are impossibe to say without a vowel preceding or following them in a word. That's why when saying just the letter "k", we actually say "koo", but when the letter k is in a word, we just create the "k" sound.

Thanks to this you just need to learn the specific sound every letter has once and you can correctly pronounce any Finnish word you'll ever encounter. Likewise, once you've learned the pronounciation you can correctly write any word just by hearing someone say it.

I know this sounds really confusing, but it's actually quite simple. If I could explain this face to face you'd understand it instantly, but alas, it's really hard to explain on paper.
hmmm, it sounds like it should be simple but alas paper has limited explanation. i think i understand a bit better although

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Florence and the machine <3 though I can't imagine Florence ever using that autotune filter in any of her songs.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

That's the point, most unwanted song was created to be horrible, but it's actually so bad it's awesome.

I knew it when I first heard the opera rap about cowboys. Children's choir singing about Ramadan at Wal-mart comes in a close second.

this song is so random, some parts i like others leave me like wtf
Exactly, that's why it's awesome, it's just funny as ****.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
okay, well, I am currently on vacation, so I don't have time to upload all of the pitures from the concert, but I do have time for one so . . . here's a preview

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
No way! I love those fish!
That's actually really cool.

Top Bottom