• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
oh.
All her smashes can be used in some way....just they probably get out classed by another move or just not a good choice for that situation I guess. :I

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't know what your definition of wavebounce is, but I'm going by the one in the Smash Lab's Standard Terms List, which is when you reverse your momentum without changing the direction you're facing/shooting the laser. A turnaround B-reversal, essentially.

It's hard to tell whether it was RAR'd or not but it was either an RAR b-reversal or a non-RAR'd wavebounce. An RAR wavebounce would have resulted in him shooting and moving left.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
If you're using that definition of wavebounce then yes it was a RAR wavebounce, but

Turnaround B = reverse direction only
B-reversal = reverse direction and momentum
Wavebounce = reverse momentum only = a turnaround B-reversal (it literally uses the inputs of both)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Not under my definitions of turnaroundB and b-reversal, no you don't.
The double reversal of the direction causes you to end up facing the same direction, so ultimately you only reverse your momentum.

Try them out for yourself.
Turnaround B - Flick back on analog --> press B.
B-reversal - Press B --> press back on analog.
Wavebounce - Flick back on analog --> press B --> press forward. eg Flick left --> press B --> press right.

You can also just hold the analog slightly back rather than flicking back.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
umm

OK, I don't know what definitions everyone is using

but the input was like

RAR input
release control stick
tap and hold B
smash control stick right

I don't know what you call that, I've always called it a b-reversal.

Spandex

Smash Rookie
I usually just throw them up and read, but I wouldn't throw them if a character has a reflector. I usually just approach and side b since they can't reflect it.

Are there any character that can easily avoid ZSS's fair cg, or is there a list of how her cg works anywhere?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
If fighting Falco, hold suitpiece --> jump away --> b-reversed sideB towards Falco. It's a good way to punish his reflector since his reflector sucks.

For Fox/Wolf, glidetoss towards up/down and dsmash through their reflector and dsmash chain them for a ****ton of percent...I think it's a guaranteed death on Fox if you dsmash to ~100% --> sideB.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Will knows the MU really well
I lost 2-3 to him in a $5 MM at IMPULSE...it was dumb. I won the first two games rather solidly, 3 and 4 I did stupid stuff offstage and I believe I got edgehogged a few times (lol) and then game 5 I literally had a full stock lead and somehow I lost. It was last stock last hit.

But yeah next time I face him he's going DOWN

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Cant find frame data, so let me just ask how many frames does it take to fully charge her neutral b? Also is there is a frame data hitbox thread? B/c the one is the resources thread does not work.

:phone:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Its not in the guide, and i dont plan on doing it. I just want the frame data to use in a discussion for pm changes to zss

:phone:

PEACE7

Smash Champion
What are good ways of punishing Ike when he is doing his UpB towards the ledge and your on stage? I know DownB spike works if you time it right and probably sideB.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
With downB spike you'll probably have to not only aim the jump perfectly but time it before his sword gets to its max height, so it's not a safe choice.
SideB seems fairly safe. You might be able to grab/charged fsmash as well, but sideB is probably your best bet.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps a pivot grab?

I like to airdodge behind them (if I see them trying to recover from below- and prevent being hit by a Up+B, then hitting them with a B-Air) timing is difficult and there are no Ike's here so I haven't tried it in some time, but it is an option.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Is there an advance zss video guide? If not, there should be one made by one of you knowledgeable zss players.

Top Bottom