• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Lof

Smash Cadet
on youtube im trying to recall the name of a pretty good zamus...uh Apolo I think! im trying to learn the tilt stun double into the back air combo :p all in all I love playing as zamus but sadly im not good enough yet to call her my main :I definetely want to tho.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Alrighty.

I know (well, I'm like 99% sure) that nB, charged or uncharged, has a set amount of hitstun and knockback. What are the frame advantages for both uncharged and charged nB?
And if the opponent gets hit with a charged nB while they're on the ground, is there any frame interval during the advantage where we can dsmash and stun them?

In other words, is charged nB on a grounded opponent --> dsmash that stuns a true combo? If so, how much room is there for error?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I know there's a way to stun lock with nB...
I know, at least, that full nB can never lead to d-smash due to frame advantage. They're able to move for a few frames before you can stun them again... Dunno about weak nB.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
You can force an edge slip like I do with puff for my jab locks, that's how neutral b locks. However, you cant restun until they force get up.

You could use the 2nd hit of fair, ff NeutB..

Bair to b reversal NeutB..

Then when the forced get up happens, you get just dsmash to follow up.

Also I wanna learn the tilt to double stun back kick

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
-Uair sweetspot is in most of uair's range, sourspot is behind ZSS...does less damage (7% when fresh) and knockback but you can still follow up.
-Fair's 2nd hit has a sourspot at the end of it (temporally, not physically) and does less knockback and makes a different sound...and probably does less damage too, though I'm not sure.
-Fsmash has a sweetspot that's fairly small but it never stales and has a lot of knockback (stronger than bair and 2nd hit fair), but all of its other hitboxes are sourspots
-3rd hit of jab has a sourspot like the 2nd hit of fair
-DownB sweetspot is a meteor smash, and comes out as soon as ZSS extends her legs out. Everything else is a sourspot.
-Dash attack has a sourspot like 2nd hit of fair, except it's not very useful

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Scenario: Marth just SH Advanced Fair my shield near the ledge. Now what? Roll? Grab? Etc...

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
If it was a rising fair, there are plenty of things you can do. usmash/uair OoS, maybe even fair if the spacing is right.

If it was a falling fair, usmash/uair/utilt/dtilt/dash attack. Of course, you have to keep the Marth's spacing in mind for this as well.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Be careful with dtilt though, if the shield push from the fair on shield pushes you off the ledge and you try to dtilt, you'll dair and SD XD

BioDG

Smash Ace
Is falling bair > dash grab at low percents guaranteed? Seems like it but not sure.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Does Down B have some kind of recharge on it (like Wario's Bike)? For some reason when I flipstool someone from onstage sometimes, I can down B again after I use a couple of other specials.

Seems kind of broken for her to have 4 jumps and a disjoint special footstool.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't know how it works (and apparently nobody else does) and it's never happened to me, but yeah I've seen Tuen and DeLux both post saying that it's happened to them and they have no idea why.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Actually I just figured it out.

:smirk:

Dang this would be pretty cool if you guys ever had stuff around to footstool in singles. The edgeguarding possibilities of a retreating flipkick...just godly.

Oh, I was thinking for a sec I would need to also footstool a person for this to work, but I just confirmed that I can still get the extra flipkick if I footstool naners and stuff.

3rd edit: glide toss sets up perfect for this wow

Tesh

Smash Hero
AFAIK you can't. Thats why I was saying I guess its impossible cept vs Diddy or Wario or something.

Can you footstool Snake's mines?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
AFAIK you can't. Thats why I was saying I guess its impossible cept vs Diddy or Wario or something.

Can you footstool Snake's mines?
Yes.
So it's... just throw out other special moves?
This character is stupid.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yes.
So it's... just throw out other special moves?
This character is stupid.
Really? I just tried and I couldn't. Or his C4.

Also it doesn't have anything to do with her other specials. I never only ever noticed it when I was spazzing out trying to B reverse things out of her crazy flip momentum.

I actually made a video of exactly what you need to do, except I didn't even know at the time it was also giving her flip kick back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWrfMEY3cSo

Thats what I'm talking about. In order to footstool a character AND sticky them, he just had to wait a little. Doing that same thing also gives her flip jump apparently. I'll post a vid Xonar, don't worry.

Instead of footstooling with the maximum disjoint of her.....megadisjoint footstool, you just wait (you have to time it). I guess the game gets confused and thinks you are on the ground, thus refreshing your 3rd jump. But you are still using your third jump so it lets you footstool and get that crazy horizontal jump.

edit 3: I guess what I'm saying is that it more or less replaces your first jump with your 3rd jump. you won't really go any higher I guess, but you can do crazy far off stage and still have your double jump and ANOTHER flip jump.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Tesh is correct. If you perform a "late" footstool off of any grounded item or character, you are able to downB again. Yeah, the game interprets zss as having landed on the ground.

Can it be applied in a meaningful way? I'm not sure (at least there's the C4 thing, for whatever it's worth). Interesting to know, though.

Surely someone knew about this.

BioDG

Smash Ace
If you're going to consider that a jump, we already had a "4th" one before this (jump>DJ>downB>footstool).

If you want to take that a step further, she can technically keep "jumping" as long as she keeps "ground footstooling" due to the fact that it refreshes her double-jump and downB.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Tesh, I love you.

I'll test it out on my own later on just to make sure, but if I can consistently do it then I'm definitely going to do this a lot. I'm already thinking of stuff like holding 1 suitpiece, flipstooling another to go far out there and edgeguard.

So she just has to flipstool close to the ground, it doesn't matter if it's early/late in the downB animation?

Edit: Alright, I tested it out. The glide toss banana forward--> downB is real, but if you simply hold jump/up during the downB, you'll flipstool too early so you won't regain your DJ+downB.
Basically, if you're doing a grounded downB and you're aiming to flipstool an item that's on the floor, don't hold X/Y/up. Time the jump for about a second (60 frames) after the downB starts; the timing isn't too strict, I was able to do it consistently.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Dang I didnt even know you could hold a button to automatically footstool stuff.

Edit: if what I'm seeing here is correct, you can footstool an item and pick it up on the next frame as you rise? How can this be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCkXeQJY6-Q

^ If I am seeing this right, she jumped off of the banana, then picked it up and was still able to double jump?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Pretty sure that there's like..no cooldown to the flipstool animation. You can airdodge/aerial/whatever immediately/almost immediately.

And ohmagawd Tesh I love you even more XD

BioDG

Smash Ace
Also, guys, keep in mind that if you footstool an item (without holding jump beforehand), it is pretty much guaranteed to be a ground footstool because the items are lower to the ground. :)

downB > ACIT ought to be useful on occasion against diddy. DownB on it and steal a banana LOL. Too bad the spacing would be moderately strict.

It's hard to perform, though. Any tips, Tesh?

So she just has to flipstool close to the ground, it doesn't matter if it's early/late in the downB animation?
EDIT: It seems to matter. You can't seem to be able do it until after halfway through the flip arc. Perhaps the game won't register her as potentially grounded until afterwards.

Anyways, I guess we shouldn't expect to be able to downB again if footstooling early in the flip regardless of how close we are to the ground.

Edit: Alright, I tested it out. The glide toss banana forward--> downB is real, but if you simply hold jump/up during the downB, you'll flipstool too early so you won't regain your DJ+downB.
Basically, if you're doing a grounded downB and you're aiming to flipstool an item that's on the floor, don't hold X/Y/up. Time the jump for about a second (60 frames) after the downB starts; the timing isn't too strict, I was able to do it consistently.
Yeah, holding jump should always footstool at the earliest point of her footstool window, which would prevent a ground footstool every time. If you wanna ground footstool, you gotta have deliberate timing.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
any tips at the start of ZSS dittos?
i cant stand them and it always seems like im the one who gets *****.
like what i should do with the pieces

because my strategy of "**** it, chuck it, pittsburgh steeler football!" isnt working out to well for me. looooooooooool

BioDG

Smash Ace
I'm a really defensive player, so I tend to throw all the suit pieces away in dittos (except one for myself) since I refuse to deal with an opponent who gets to mess around with 3 or more suit pieces.

But you can't just start trashing them immediately and expect it to work safely every time. Throw at least one at zss first to stop an opposing item throw / some other approach so you have the opportunity to get rid of some safely. Even this isn't foolproof, though. When it comes down to it, you just have to get more awareness of openings to trash them if that's what you plan to do.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I can't really give a clear answer as I don't really think there's any one path that will give you the advantage (though I would definitely advise against throwing off all YOUR items), it really depends on your prediction and reaction, as well as your suitpiece usage.

And don't use sideB while the other ZSS is holding a suitpiece XD

Top Bottom