• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Keep one piece or two and wait for your opponent to make the first move lol also quick question does ftilt beat neutral b in the ditto?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Doubt it, I think they'll clash. In order to 'beat' it, the damage difference would have to be 8% (or more) and I don't even think ftilt does 8% XD

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
V115, that's not how projectiles work...
Any hitbox beats... almost any projectile, including thrown items.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So, did some down-b testing.

You cannot refresh down-b, from what I've seen, until you are descending.
You can do it multiple times before you touch the ground.
You cannot do it on a character the same way, due to you not being able to footstool their feet.
You CAN, however, do it if they jump under a platform... the timing is really weird though... It'd only make sense to do in dubs to launch yourself off-stage.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Well that sucks.

Because I have had my downB refreshed on standing characters. Both MK and Diddy.
I tried it on Pit, it didn't work.
I didn't test it on everybody, so that part might be wrong. Brb.

Okay, got it to work on Diddy. Testing it on everybody. Brb.

MK - Yes
Snake - Yes...? wat, it worked on somebody tall... The timing is A LOT harder on Snake.
Diddy - Yes
DDD - Yes

Okay, this DOES work on everybody on the floor...
I should make a video...

Who would have thought Tesh would figure out new ZSS technology?

... Okay... so, this might be frame-specific as to when it works... like, the last X frames of the flip-stool...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
It might be a long one... OH BOY!
TSJR
Tesh Second Jump Recovery

That's what I'm calling it, because you get your double-jump back too.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea it definitely works on characters. First time I noticed it was when I was footstooling Snake and ICs.

If you could find out one most thing on the subject. When I was messing with both of these techniques, I wasn't able to do both at once time. So I couldn't seem to footstool the item, pick it up and then down b again. I'd have to think it would be possible though, since both techniques just require dipping low enough before footstooling.

If ZSS could do both at the same time....she could fly. Just Down B--->Instant toss---->Down B repeat.

So if you could find out how possible that is, that would be cool too.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yea it definitely works on characters. First time I noticed it was when I was footstooling Snake and ICs.

If you could find out one most thing on the subject. When I was messing with both of these techniques, I wasn't able to do both at once time. So I couldn't seem to footstool the item, pick it up and then down b again. I'd have to think it would be possible though, since both techniques just require dipping low enough before footstooling.

If ZSS could do both at the same time....she could fly. Just Down B--->Instant toss---->Down B repeat.

So if you could find out how possible that is, that would be cool too.
... I don't understand how you're flipstooling the item though.
I didn't understand how you did it.
Also, IIRC, you would have th put the item on the ground.
You mean, throw the item, footstool it, pick up the item and throw it... for the next place to footstool?
That'd be ****ing sick...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, you would just throw it forward or backward after you jump off of it, then down B it again and do the same thing.

Do any of her aerials increase the size of her item grab range?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
The irony about all of this stuff is Xonar approached me about this whole getting your flip stool back shenanigans, and for the life of me I could not replicate it. So I wrote it off in my head as possibly a ISJR or something like that, but never got around to figuring it out.

Kudos to Tesh

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think I figured out the other thing, but I feel like I should stop posting the the Q&A thread.

v115, its -6.

Now that I think about it, I originally wanted to ask if it was possible to wavebounce Up B out of a flipstool. I can't seem to do it, but I know you can wavebounce Up B, so why can't I wavebounce it with the flipstool momentum?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well the only way to be immune to grabs on that 7th frame is a buffered flipjump. Jabbing only protects you from frame 8 stuff and spotdodging isn't invincible until the 3rd frame (9th in this situation).

Right?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
On what frame does Snake's grab come out? 7?
And the reason I asked about ZSS' bair on shield is because I wanted to know if it was safe to approach Olimar with landing bairs. I played that MU quite a bit on Sunday, and though I didn't do terribly, I feel like it's one of our toughest (if not THE toughest) MU because we can't approach safely...or maybe it's just me.

Tesh, are you trying to do a b-reversal or a wavebounce? For some reason, it seems like you can't wavebounce (or even turn around-B) out of flipstools. Try out the b-reversals for both directions.

Edit: I read your post below. I'll test it out on my own later and then post.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well I can do all of that stuff with the side B attack, but I cant do the reversed momentum with up b (i can change directions, but there is no point really).

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
On what frame does Snake's grab come out? 7?
And the reason I asked about ZSS' bair on shield is because I wanted to know if it was safe to approach Olimar with landing bairs. I played that MU quite a bit on Sunday, and though I didn't do terribly, I feel like it's one of our toughest (if not THE toughest) MU because we can't approach safely...or maybe it's just me.

Tesh, are you trying to do a b-reversal or a wavebounce? For some reason, it seems like you can't wavebounce (or even turn around-B) out of flipstools. Try out the b-reversals for both directions.

Edit: I read your post below. I'll test it out on my own later and then post.
Snake's grab is frame 8, actually.

DeLux

Olimar's standing grab comes out on frame 9 and does not have grab armor.

So if your spacing is immaculate it's safe on shield.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Turnarounds are 0 frames IIRC if buffered. That 1 frame only is added if you weren't doing anything.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
If I wanted to insta-toss left, would I have to smash left or can I just hold it?
Cause I tried to flipstool-->insta-toss with L+C-stick but I couldn't get it. A+Z sounds much more convenient XD

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well, I think if you hold left, you would footstool jump to the left as well (which is cool if thats what you wanna do), but if you want to footstool jump to the right and throw the item to the left, I think you need to have quick fingers or use the Cstick.

Now that I think about it, I didn't try simply pressing grab for that "no animation" grab. You could probably do that and then throw with whatever timing you want. I don't know if you can buffer that kind of item grab though, I always get an airdodge if I try to buffer it.

DeLux

There are a few matches of FAE and I from Vengeance on youtube

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
Questions.

Where can I find a technical thread for stuff like platform cancelling? I would like to learn or try all of the techs.

Any techs you might think I don't know about specific to Zss?

Final question I can't do the up B under the stage properly when being ledge guarded so how is it performed properly?

Top Bottom