• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
k I want to make sure I'm addressing exactly what you're asking so I'll spell it out for you
Pretend you're playing ZSS. You're running to the right, then you jump to the right. When you reach the apex of your jump, you do these techniques to your laser, then fall to the ground.

There are 3 different techniques

Turnaround B- Changes direction of special, but NOT your momentum. ZSS faces right and rises right, then faces left and shoots right.

B-reversal - Changes direction of special AND momentum. ZSS faces right and rises right, then falls left and shoots left.

Wavebounce - Changes momentum, but NOT direction of special. ZSS faces right and rises right, then falls right and shoots left.

Turnaround B - Flick back (in the case of this example, left) on the analog stick, then press B immediately afterwards. (The analog stick has to return to the neutral position before you press B)
B-reversal - Press B, then back (in the case of this example, left)
Wavebounce - A turnaround B-reversal. Flick back (left), press B, then press forward (right) immediately afterwards.

That's how you do all 3. Yes, you can do them with the Y-button (I have my Y button set to special). Go practice. You don't even need the C-stick at all to do this XD
I would know. I have my Y button set to special, my C-stick set to smash, and I do these all the time. Even in tournament.

TheCrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4417-3634
k I want to make sure I'm addressing exactly what you're asking so I'll spell it out for you
Pretend you're playing ZSS. You're running to the right, then you jump to the right. When you reach the apex of your jump, you do these techniques to your laser, then fall to the ground.

There are 3 different techniques

Turnaround B- Changes direction of special, but NOT your momentum. ZSS faces right and rises right, then faces left and shoots right.

B-reversal - Changes direction of special AND momentum. ZSS faces right and rises right, then falls left and shoots left.

Wavebounce - Changes momentum, but NOT direction of special. ZSS faces right and rises right, then falls right and shoots left.

Turnaround B - Flick back (in the case of this example, left) on the analog stick, then press B immediately afterwards. (The analog stick has to return to the neutral position before you press B)
B-reversal - Press B, then back (in the case of this example, left)
Wavebounce - A turnaround B-reversal. Flick back (left), press B, then press forward (right) immediately afterwards.

That's how you do all 3. Yes, you can do them with the Y-button (I have my Y button set to special). Go practice. You don't even need the C-stick at all to do this XD
I would know. I have my Y button set to special, my C-stick set to smash, and I do these all the time. Even in tournament.
So you're basically saying the momentum of moving forward then turning around and using your special give it wave bounce like effects? Sorry this is kinda confusing to understand through text. Is there any videos on this? :(

BioDG

Smash Ace
This is where you're wrong. I can do the run towards you > retreating side-b aimed at you.

Run > Jump > Back > B > Forward
I think that's the input.
That would push you forward, wouldn't it? If I am reading that correctly, Run > Jump > Back would mean committing to an away momentum the moment you hit "back", then the sideB input would wavebounce you forward.

I may not have explained myself clearly, though. What I am trying to say is a sideB that allows you to move forward, then wavebounce away facing forward (forward sideB). A wavebounced forward sideB that throws zss backwards, basically.

Here's a visual. This is a bad scenario in which to use it, but that's what I'm referring to. It seems like this must be bsticked.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh lol, derp. What Nick said works as well, my mistake.
The difference is his is an actual wavebounced sideB whereas mine is a b-reversed sideB after an RAR, same effect but with a different method.

@ Crimson, no, I was giving the name of 3 different techniques (turnaround-B, b-reversal and wavebounce) and their effects.

Changes direction = changes the way you're FACING
Changes momentum = changes the direction in which your character is MOVING

TheCrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4417-3634
Oh lol, derp. What Nick said works as well, my mistake.
The difference is his is an actual wavebounced sideB whereas mine is a b-reversed sideB after an RAR, same effect but with a different method.

@ Crimson, no, I was giving the name of 3 different techniques (turnaround-B, b-reversal and wavebounce) and their effects.

Changes direction = changes the way you're FACING
Changes momentum = changes the direction in which your character is
MOVING
I think I understand what you're saying. I'll work on the techniques. At least I picked up reverse stun gun more easily which can be very tricky to opponents. Thank you for the detailed answers.
:awesome:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
How does ZSS do against Wolf, Falco and Fox?
I don't know how to fight spacies with ICs, so I might use ZSS for those MUs.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Dakpo I've noticed you're pretty pessimistic about ZSS' MUs

Falco -2, Oli -2, (iirc) Diddy and MK -2, Snake and Fox -1
Stop being free :denzel:

And even TKD thinks Fox loses -1 to ZSS lol

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
yea thats why dakpo wont be in the mu chart discussion

if there's one thing I learned from that is that all marths mu's are even and that pikachu wins everything.

only because their players basically took what they thought to be the ratio, like -1, then preached +1 or +2 and got 0 or higher.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Dakpo I've noticed you're pretty pessimistic about ZSS' MUs

Falco -2, Oli -2, (iirc) Diddy and MK -2, Snake and Fox -1
Stop being free :denzel:

And even TKD thinks Fox loses -1 to ZSS lol
I have changed my thought on oli. Just -1
And MK has always been -1
and those are basically all of our bad match ups you listed

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I have changed my thought on oli. Just -1
And MK has always been -1
and those are basically all of our bad match ups you listed
Pikachu? Wario?
Those are both listed as -1 iirc

Though I never really understood how we don't flat out beat Wario, though to be fair I have like no exp in the MU.

I mean....he always approaches from the air. How does he get past our aerials? O.o

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Pikachu? Wario?
Those are both listed as -1 iirc

Though I never really understood how we don't flat out beat Wario, though to be fair I have like no exp in the MU.

I mean....he always approaches from the air. How does he get past our aerials? O.o
Pikachu is even and +1 for wario

Bio what do you feel the snake match up is?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Pikachu is -1 for us.
You think it isn't because ESAM isn't in your house...
And saying he's an outlier makes you as stupid as the BBR... though, you're in it now...

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Pikachu is -1 for us.
You think it isn't because ESAM isn't in your house...
And saying he's an outlier makes you as stupid as the BBR... though, you're in it now...
you must understand, until you play a good pikachu you cant say anything about this match up.
No offense but all the pikachus you have played are terrible...and totally couldn't win nationals...or any tournament....and lose to peach :mistyface:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
All puff can do if you're under her is dair and airdodge.
Your uair outspaces dair no doubt.

And anther is a well known pika.

Top Bottom