• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
I don't think we can hit him with anything. It seems like we get launched too far away from him (regardless of percent) and he falls to fast. I'm not 100% sure though, I've never faced a ganon before. Maybe side-b?

:phone:

PEACE7

Smash Champion
The upair was the only one I was semi sure about didn't know of the nair and possible downb spike that would be epic.

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
Well, now I know what to do when I face all of those ganondorf mains. I have a question though. I'm going to a tourney in a week and norfair is going to be a legal stage. I understand that it is an amazing stage for zss. What are the main reasons it is so good for her? I understand it helps her recovery, but any other reasons? I didn't main zss when this stage was legal so I'm not very familiar with it.

:phone:

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Is there a certain way of killing with upB upwards? I seen nickriddle kill MVD with it at 89% I can never get it to kill like that

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Is there a certain way of killing with upB upwards? I seen nickriddle kill MVD with it at 89% I can never get it to kill like that
If the up-b drags people above the blast-zone, and the highest hit-box hits afterwards, they'll die.
I've done it 4 times, and I've been playing ZSS for 3 years.
Yeah, it's not common.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
What stages do you guys prefer to play on against Snake?
Obviously there's RC but assuming it's banned?
I always seem to do well on Battlefield (I seem to be really good at juggling and platform pressuring there), and I MMed a Snake recently and lost on Brinstar but won on Battlefield XD

Edit: But that's really more of a "I do well on Battlefield" thing rather than a "I do well on Battlefield against Snakes" thing.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
What stages do you guys prefer to play on against Snake?
Obviously there's RC but assuming it's banned?
I always seem to do well on Battlefield (I seem to be really good at juggling and platform pressuring there), and I MMed a Snake recently and lost on Brinstar but won on Battlefield XD

Edit: But that's really more of a "I do well on Battlefield" thing rather than a "I do well on Battlefield against Snakes" thing.
Time Snake out on BF and Brinstar.
Don't go FD.
Halberd is good.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Lol, when I faced Ally on BF, it was last stock last hit (I was at like 150%, he was at like 160%), I noticed I was winning and I threatened to time him out and started to platform camp. There were like 4 minutes left XD

I figured I'd screw up and die so I decided it'd be better to go for the kill, but while I was trying to get the kill I screwed up and died. Perhaps I should have stuck to running out the timer...

And Halberd? Really? I thought that was like Snake's best stage...or is it just that YOU like Halberd?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Lol, when I faced Ally on BF, it was last stock last hit (I was at like 150%, he was at like 160%), I noticed I was winning and I threatened to time him out and started to platform camp. There were like 4 minutes left XD

I figured I'd screw up and die so I decided it'd be better to go for the kill, but while I was trying to get the kill I screwed up and died. Perhaps I should have stuck to running out the timer...

And Halberd? Really? I thought that was like Snake's best stage...or is it just that YOU like Halberd?
Dumb people think it's his best stage.
He cannot C-4 recover at a certain point when not on the ship, and that's amazing.
Mind you, it's at a pretty high %, but then you can just knock him off, and not even think.
Also, nowhere to tech.
Basically, I hate MVD.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I was told that it's his best stage simply because of the lower ceiling.
Doesn't really matter, I've always banned FD and have never been taken to Halberd. Perhaps I should practice there.
People in my region seem to like CPing me to BF. I love my region XD

What do you think of Delfino?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I was told that it's his best stage simply because of the lower ceiling.
Doesn't really matter, I've always banned FD and have never been taken to Halberd. Perhaps I should practice there.
People in my region seem to like CPing me to BF. I love my region XD

What do you think of Delfino?
Snake can camp us hardcore on that stage, and the ceiling is too high for the no-teching to matter.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Good stuff is the dsmash after the jab guaranteed?
If they up-b close to the ledge, yes.
From what I've seen, Falco cannot grab the ledge after the jab.
The only thing they can do to not die is to side-b again, but you can just jab again during the start-up.

Top Bottom