• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
What characters does jab always complete on?

And if they're in the air, it always works on any character, yes?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'm not 100% sure but logic would lead me to believe that some characters can get out in the air.
On the ground, characters can escape with the use of their shield. Shield comes out on frame 1, and jab3 gets powershielded.
Thus, characters with frame 1 invincibility moves (ZSS and Wolf down b, Marth and Bowser up-b) can definitely escape with said moves.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Alright so one more question. How do I deal with Desynched Ice Blocks. I played L@in once in pools and took a game off his ICs with ZSS (by some magical **** and some even more magical luck..lmao he ***** me after that) and I asked him what he thought of the MU because it looked like ZSS does pretty well against him. I did just keep spacing stuff an platform camping...then somehow I would get Nana in the air, carry her off the stage with Up Air to Back Air and then gimp her. After that I found Popo to be stupid easy. Now he said that ICs **** ZSS with desynched IBs. He said she has no reliable of being to combat it and something about her being really susceptible to being frame trapped by the ICs. I wasn't really sure so I wanted to ask you what you thought.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Alright so one more question. How do I deal with Desynched Ice Blocks. I played L@in once in pools and took a game off his ICs with ZSS (by some magical **** and some even more magical luck..lmao he ***** me after that) and I asked him what he thought of the MU because it looked like ZSS does pretty well against him. I did just keep spacing stuff an platform camping...then somehow I would get Nana in the air, carry her off the stage with Up Air to Back Air and then gimp her. After that I found Popo to be stupid easy. Now he said that ICs **** ZSS with desynched IBs. He said she has no reliable of being to combat it and something about her being really susceptible to being frame trapped by the ICs. I wasn't really sure so I wanted to ask you what you thought.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at zss losing to Ice block desync. One of my best friends Mains IC and i love the match up. Its just about free. so problems with ic block ehh? For one, patients, especially if you have the lead, 2nd what stage was it? 3rd if you jump right over them I can almost guarantee they will stop. Since its really hard not to start to spam up air or hide in shield if zss is jumping over you. Not to mention you are going to be on the a different side of them. Also, trying walking casually (if your behind) and power shield them. Slowly you will be able to approach with enough time to jump away at any grab attempts. Trust me man, you beating his IC was not luck. YBM makes L@in go MK from what i understand.

ZTD | TECHnology

The stage, I won on was Battlefield. It was Game 1. I felt very comfortable on the stage as well, I feel like she had the tools I needed. Yeah I made some mistakes but I was a bit nervous. And yeah he usually goes MK against ZSS now.

And the only time I saw them do ZSS/ICs, Y.b.M won 3-0 if I remember right. I just tried to play the MU like he did lol.

Like I know how ICs work, I play them as well. I have a lot of in depth knowledge about how the character works from their perspective so I taught several people how to beat them. Its just that D3 gets destroyed by them. Like its not even fair lol. So I figured its time to bust out that ZSS again. Plus I just have a lot of fun with her :D

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
"Jab 3 connects to every character:

1. Out of a tech roll
2. after a ledge attack
3. after a get-up attack
4. If they are tilting the control stick "up" when hit
5. After a dash attack (HOLD A) "

Woah!

Is there an explanation as to why this works for these conditions? That seems weird that they'd be able to shield normally and would become unable when doing one of these five things. Are 2 and 3 related to RCO lag...?

===

Also... uair OoS. I hear it's amazing and awesome. I've got L as jump, so I should be able to just mash jump then c-stick up. The problem is, I sometimes hit this funny 'dead frame' and fail to do a move at all... Is there a remedy for this, or is it just a learned timing?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
**** the dead frame, it used to screw me over every ****ing match at least 1000 times.

Just learn the right timing, it's still balls. Gotta make sure you don't usmash oos tho

ZTD | TECHnology

I Up Smash out of Shield like that too much :(

I've gotten lucky and still hits depends on how far the opponent is from my shield. Since the hitboxes are wonky lmao.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
**** the dead frame, it used to screw me over every ****ing match at least 1000 times.

Just learn the right timing, it's still balls. Gotta make sure you don't usmash oos tho
Yeah, I either usmash oos or do the uair too late to connect vs a grounded opponent. :-/.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Question about Falco's cg

If he's CGing me and I'm spamming down b(you know, in case he ****s up), does holding down actually extend the duration of the CG because I'm DIing down? Or does it have no effect on the length whatsoever?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Question about Falco's cg

If he's CGing me and I'm spamming down b(you know, in case he ****s up), does holding down actually extend the duration of the CG because I'm DIing down? Or does it have no effect on the length whatsoever?
Two different hitstuns.
One of them negates DI, and makes it so you can do anything ASAP out of it.
The other one is where DI comes in, and the normal order for momentum canceling takes effect.
Falco's CG is the former.

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
So I noticed that in the guide we are lacking some cool down and duration frames for some moves. I recently got the hack that tells you how many frames a move is and stuff. Does any one think it's necessary to get these frames? If so, I can get them.

:phone:

InfernoParadox

Smash Rookie
My tilt game is horrid, I often end up smashing instead of tilting, would anyone recommend switching my c-stick to the tilts even though it would make me slower on the down special?

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I'm dumb, I can't believe I completely forgot about that spreadsheet. Guess we don't need anything then.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Wow, I'm dumb, I can't believe I completely forgot about that spreadsheet. Guess we don't need anything then.

Unless I've been missing something, we still need stun times for neutral b (strong and weak) and dsmash. The other piece of information we were missing was the firing time for the two neutral b types, but that was offered up by another Smash Lab member in the Frame Trap thread.

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
So should I get the stun times for neutral b (strong and weak) and dsmash?

Zulo

Smash Ace
I have a question regarding ZSS's recovery.. On Yoshi's Island and I guess other stages, when I try to flip jump to the ledge, ZSS bounces back off the ledge if I do it at a certain height. Is there a way I can prevent her from walljumping, without holding down on the analog stick? If I do that, I can't grab the ledge.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
^^ No you just get ****ed up.
It's on every stage that actually has a lip (not delphino/halberd (moving section)).

Feels bad man.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
So should I get the stun times for neutral b (strong and weak) and dsmash?

If you have the appropriate means, then go for it. I think dsmash stun increases with percent, so there will be a base stun with additional stun put on top of it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If you have the appropriate means, then go for it. I think dsmash stun increases with percent, so there will be a base stun with additional stun put on top of it.
This is true.

Also, the flipflop reflect thing happens on almost every stage, it's really sucky. Hold down and upb asap.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ledge getup
getup attack
roll
(above is great mixups on its own)
jump > airdodge/doublejump/downb
downb back on stage
walljump bair
sideb if you hold down it wont snap the ledge
Drop, jump nair/airdodge
Drop jump neutralb
etcetc

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I teamed with a friend recently, he mains DK but I think for doubles he went Snake and Ness. Can't remember if he ever went DK.

Uh...kinda funny, don't know if it'll work but if you guys are ever in a 2v1 situation (not even necessarily that only 1 opponent is left, say the opponent's partner is really far away) it seems that you could build up damage with ZSS dsmash/paralyzer> DK side-b > repeat.

You'll probably have to help defend your partner offstage if he's DK.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
"Jab 3 connects to every character:

1. Out of a tech roll
2. after a ledge attack
3. after a get-up attack
4. If they are tilting the control stick "up" when hit
5. After a dash attack (HOLD A) "
I might have been wrong about #5, probably per character.

As 1-4, it's pretty simple:

Tech rolls, ledge attacks, ledge get-up attacks, and possibly ledge rolls cause jab to push a slightly higher angle (perhaps as a result of the "king dedede uptilt effect" in which they are technically off the ground). As for 4, it's obvious... they're DIing "up." ;)

Top Bottom