• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda's Matchups ~ (obselete thread/check stickies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

...vs Meta Knight :metaknight:

What can you do in this thread?

• You can request a character matchup here.

• Characters who already have an individual thread don't need to be requested - you can direct your opinions on the matchup over at the corresponding thread.

MrEh

Smash Hero
My chart is better. lol

*but I shall heed the words of kataefi (with my permission of course) and post this chart I speak of at the bottom of the page to not confuse people =p*

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Nice chart Kata. I really like the artwork and the accurate ratios.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Wow, 75:25 on G&W? Really crazy.

EDIT: It's cool though. Like the setup.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
This'll do just fine for people that wanna see info on a matchup and don't want to browse through other matchups.

What would be even cooler is instead of posting a link next to a separate character icon, how about linking it to the character on the matchup chart if it were actually possible? That would be amazing, but it is definitely much more organized here as is.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I see no problems with Chad's chart.

I don't agree that GW is harder than MK though, or that MK is just as hard as Snake, Kat.

I also agree with scary LB. Would it be possible to set the tags to hyperlink the images kat?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Would it be possible to set the tags to hyperlink the images kat?
Yes. The Pika boards have that for our matchup chart.

The only problem is that it can show up differently on different browsers..... for instance, the Pika chart looks fine on Mozilla, but on IE, it kind of distorts the page because it fails to read the line breaks..... @.@

If you need help doing it, Kataefi (if you decide to do it), PM Kitt22. He'll be happy to help you out.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I like Kat's chart.

it's easy to look at without stretching the screen. It's fine for a chart to be pretty as long as that doesn't get in the way of its fuctionality. As long as you can tell who all the characters are, it's good. Zelda looks funky on the chart, but considering it's a ZELDA chart, it's easy to pick her out.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Zelda dittos are really dumb. Whoever approaches loses, there is no such thing as an epic Zelda ditto.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
What's with all this screen stretching business? Even in Chad's original post nothing was being stretched.

Anyway, do you guys REALLY think that MK and Snake are 30:70 while GW is 25?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I thought MK/Snake were 20:80 and G&W was 25:75.... whatevs. They're all ridiculously hard.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
That's just what the general consensus was in the matchup threads I was reading through - I'm not just making them up lmao >.<

I don't fight eniough snakes and game and watches to make a good informed opinion in comparison to the almighty MK. But if people want it changed then so be it. Either way lol I think it's more than clear they're bad matchups!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
What's with all this screen stretching business? Even in Chad's original post nothing was being stretched.

Anyway, do you guys REALLY think that MK and Snake are 30:70 while GW is 25?
no... I think MK is 70:30, Snake is 75:25 and game and watch is 80:20

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Personally, I think that both the charts look fine, though **** her matchups with top tiers suck (and they aren't too great with some of the mid tiers either).

And here's what I think of the matchups:

MK 25-75
Snake 30-70
G&W 20-80

Edit: Oh, and do you think we could do Fox as the next matchup please? I'm really confused about that one. Some say it's 40:60 in Fox's favour, but some say it's the same in Zelda's favour!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Personally, I think that both the charts look fine, though **** her matchups with top tiers suck (and they aren't too great with some of the mid tiers either).

And here's what I think of the matchups:

MK 25-75
Snake 30-70
G&W 20-80

Edit: Oh, and do you think we could do Fox as the next matchup please? I'm really confused about that one. Some say it's 40:60 in Fox's favour, but some say it's the same in Zelda's favour!
Zelda ***** aggro foxes and has trouble with defensive ones.... that probably accounts for the two different matchup numbers.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
aw man... zelda's matchups are bad :(

this makes me sad

i keep trying to bring out her potential

but i still keep getting ***** sometimes

ahhhh

sheik is amazing though...

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I could essentially just swap GW's with MK's ratios lol... that would ease the pain of altering the chart some more hahaha! >.<

It's only a 5 point difference from 20:80 and 30:70, so MrEh you don't have to cry juuuuust yet =p but anyways it's pretty much accepted the matchups are soooper bad!

At the same time though... a lot of people are having more difficulty with some characters more than others - so perhaps another sort of scoring system could be employed, much like what the snake's do with their star ratings. What do people think?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I don't know! I must be the most ******** Zelda ever. I have a hard time with R.O.Bs and a much easier time with G&Ws and Metas in comparison...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't know! I must be the most ******** Zelda ever. I have a hard time with R.O.Bs and a much easier time with G&Ws and Metas in comparison...
Oh god.... yeah, that really doesn't make any sense, sorry. Maybe you just have bad G&W/MK experience..... move to NJ. x.x They'll learn you quick (on MK, anyways).

I do have a tough time with ROB in general, though. That's a matchup I'd love to see discussed since Pika has trouble with him too, but I never know if I should whip out Zelda or not. @.@

-Mars-

Smash Hero
G&W juggles Zelda to death. Honestly his uair was desigened to **** Zelda. He also kills Zelda earlier than MK......really early.

Zelda has like no ways to get inside G&W, I can IDA to punish a misspaced bair on occasion.......but really it's not fun. MK is equally as hard but at least we can live for a while longer.

That's why G&W is harder than MK......simple as that.

20-80 G&W
30-70 Snake
25-75 MK.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Oh god.... yeah, that really doesn't make any sense, sorry. Maybe you just have bad G&W/MK experience..... move to NJ. x.x They'll learn you quick (on MK, anyways).
@.@
I have played some NJ MK. Same situation. They are like NE ones with more tornado. Which I am decent at getting out of. Now playing a good G&W I have yet to do because I haven't found OBM in a tournament yet lol.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
G&W juggles Zelda to death. Honestly his uair was desigened to **** Zelda. He also kills Zelda earlier than MK......really early.

Zelda has like no ways to get inside G&W, I can IDA to punish a misspaced bair on occasion.......but really it's not fun. MK is equally as hard but at least we can live for a while longer.

That's why G&W is harder than MK......simple as that.

20-80 G&W
30-70 Snake
25-75 MK.
Once the Meta finds out that Zelda's recovery has such a ridiculously long startup time you won't be living for long, its so simple to just chase her off the stage and keep her off with meta.

double post without thinking... JK JigglyZelda saved me!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Once the Meta finds out that Zelda's recovery has such a ridiculously long startup time you won't be living for long, its so simple to just chase her off the stage and keep her off with meta.

Of course. But I would much rather take my chances with MK than dying at 85% every stock with G&W.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

MK is a better gimper against Zelda than G&W, but G&W can gimp sometimes too. But the matchup isn't all about gimping. it's about the fact taht Zelda has a nearly impossible time hitting G&W (that means wracking damage AND killing) and merely a tough time hitting meta. And game and watch DOES juggle her better on the stage and CAN kill her better.

As for snake, he's easier to hit than either, but he's harder to kill. He's easier to gimp maybe, but he's harder to kill outright. He can camp the hell out of us and, not lettingbus get our feet below us is really rough. He can't gimp us like the other two, or brutalize us in the air, but his aerials hit hard enough to maim and he can still abuse our recovery even if he can't gimp it. But all that is unimportant considering how ridiculously early he kills us outright. I find it funny, yet sad, that zelda's recover is bad enough that he can actually nail us with his FSMASH as punishment.

All these things considered inevitibly lead to one conclusion: all 3 are bad matchups. Clearly hard counters. Beyond that, however, it seems largely subjective and unsure as far as which is the worst.
My personal experience of the matchups say that Metaknights are the easiest (not easy... but easier than the others) and that game and watches are the toughest.
Also, they are not worse than 80:20 or better than 70:30

general consensus is that, indeed, G&W is the worst matchup, but it looks like a lot of you have more trouble with MK than Snake.
I disagree.... but.... whatever. given how bad all the matchups are. The fact that they are hard counters is sufficient to know.

MrEh

Smash Hero
MK is worse the Gdub. But the matchup is still so outrageously bad that arguing which is worse doesn't make much of a difference.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
MK is worse the Gdub. But the matchup is still so outrageously bad that arguing which is worse doesn't make much of a difference.
Zelda mains tend to disagree with the bowser main about her matchup with MK vs. her matuchup with G&W.

I'm gonna go with Zelda mains on this one. G&W is bad in all imaginable ways. MK is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom