• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Video Thread - For those who love Zelda

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Stages that have platforms will help falco escape since he can DI onto one and then tech roll away and get out. On FD it's more reliable because there aren't any platforms to deal with. It only works at lower percents and doesn't do a ton of damage or anything, but it helps (and zelda needs all the help she can get). Just do it a few times and then end it with a kick for some extra damage.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
or you can be a boss and techchase Falco when he DIs to the platforms

but yea you can def CG-> kick
CG -> dash attack -> ???
CG -> ftilt -> ???

It's not as hard as Ganon's CG on spacies but like everything else with Zelda (mostly) she's slow so the timing takes some getting used too

her grab is so slow though you gotta be clean

TheLake

Smash Master
SHUT UP NJ~~~

standardtoaster i like your style boy!

try to keep your kicks

more poised

dont just throw them out

actually space them

like learn how to gauge how your opponent approaches

and zone accordingly

like if fox nairs....

throw out kicks level enough

so that if he approached

he will die

does that make sense?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
next time I play ShroudedOne's zelda I'll record it for you guys, it makes me sad that you don't have any videos :S

Pichu boards are the same way, but when I post videos they ignore them too :\
maybe thats because me and ICG are really the only active Pichus left... and he's banned.

Oh well, Zelda boards are cooler than Pichu boards right now anyways ^^

TheLake

Smash Master
Updatete thiiis thread

THIS TOP VIDS ARE MINE AND GET THE ONES BEFORE TOO!!

STEP IT UP ZELDAS!!

TheLake

Smash Master
I have new videos!!! If i upload them will anyone check them out and we can talk about our feelings!?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I will watch them :D
unless they are against fox, because that always makes me feel sad .-.
unless you win.
then I'd be pretty happy.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'd say you're being a bit too aggressive. Playing aggressively is always more fun, but at the same time i think you need to restrain yourself a bit at times and let them approach you a little more. Shaeden seemed like a pretty solid falco actually, and while watching that set I know I would've made many of the same errors that you did. And as for your set against Vanz, I'd recommend not approaching almost at all when peach has a turnip. If peach plays it right there's really no way zelda can get in safely. Bait her and get her to throw the turnip, then stay close enough to her that she doesn't have enough time to pull out another one without getting kicked in the face. Obviously don't stay too close though because peach's nair is a *****.

For the people who think Uair is useless-- check out Zone's set against Shaeden at 2:07. Lake could've used an upair while falco was recovering. Shaeden probably would've CCed it so it wouldn't have done much, but extra damage is extra damage. The move isn't good, but it has it's uses.

TheLake

Smash Master
Upair is amazing fux da haters

thank you for input, especially with the peach stuff im slowly getting better and understanding that matchup but Its definatly one of my weaker areas

anything else is greatly appreciated ya'll

gijn

Smash Cadet
wassup I'm a Zelda main as well (samus secondary) Just signed up for the boards. Hoping to pick up some tips against some match ups and offer my own tips :p. Going to setup a YT soon so can post some Zelda swag :p.

gijn

Smash Cadet
cheers also got to find some more people to battle. I've just been battling the my mate everyday for the last year now lol. It's still pretty good, his peach is comparable to armada's atm, boy is on form. I need to fly over and hit up Apex It'd be a hoot. shame there is like no UK tourneys..

TheLake

Smash Master
lol i love how you folks think

danke aeisir i dig your style <3

hiya new folks

when ever you get the chance...

lets dance!

*gets his groove thing on*

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I need to remember the login for NJ'zFinest. Then I MIGHT update the first post since I'm starting to like Zelda again. If you're wondering why I have two accounts with basically the same name, it's because this account used to be called "foxandfalco" when I was 15/16. Sigh, such a terrible name.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
that is a horrible name .-.
thats like... something i would have made when I was 6...
not at 15...
At 15 I was friggen Aesir.

Top Bottom