• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Video Thread - For those who love Zelda

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
nah thats not me lol.
I'm also not the account "Aesir"
people get us confused a lot and i makes me sad .-.

DRGN

Technowizard
Oh dang, these matches are kind of old! (I think I see moths) XD Oh well.

I think I have like one somewhat recent Zelda match on YouTube.

*rummages around in Internet pocket*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilObXKe0j88

Ooh. I just read back through the thread a little and saw that the OP has been magically sealed off.

Soloist

Smash Ace
So I'm posting this because it's the first time my Zelda has been recorded lol.

32:39 until 40:53

I have this bad habit of rolling into people after I get up from the ledge, which usually results in me getting grabbed/hit etc. I think I do that out of fear of being by the ledge, and should probably just stand there and shield or wait for them to do something.

I'll try and get actual matches up in the near future. :)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
You should pretty much never roll through an opponent. I mean, if your opponent is stuck in the startup lag of an attack i guess that's ok but as a rule your almost guaranteed to get punished for it.

Scaring your opponent into rolling towards them is a nice thing to know how to do though. You can usually only do that with really technical characters after comboing your opponent for a while before hand, but it's really satisfying to pull off. Mango does it all the time. Get into your opponent's head and then just stand there when he's by the edge if he's scared -- he'll roll. You have to be legitimately owning someone to do that usually though so it can be tough to pull off.

TheLake

Smash Master
OOhh soloist

Lettuce review all of the facts

The falcon seemed kinda reckless so ill disregard that match and just say smashing good job

Against marth you were really good at reseting your position after you go out of grabs (Like using your up b to grab the ledge instead using your jump or doing that predictable kick onto the stage thing everyone does) You actually have really solid ledge play. Rolling from the ledge is fine if you dont think your opponent is in a position to read it.

You like to do the short hop stab zelda thing. Where you sort of throw out low kicks in case somone approaches with like a wave dash or roll'r somthing. Zelda grab isnt great but she is great at putting people in their shield so try to anticipate their actions by using more empty short hops (or tomahawks even) Try to keep more grounded against marth isntead of meeting him with aerials like falcon. So use fmash and jabs to make him respect your space. Your a woman after all.

Also if your gonna mix moonshine with rolling rock try not to use whisky but rather a more condensed brew to help it ferment. Oh and dont get it on the rocks...unless your wearing blue

oh use blue more

annnnnnnd tha'z all I got fur nouewww

very nice job

I LOVED YOUR SHIELD DROPS TOOO OMGGGG <3<3<3 *fang girl scream*

Soloist

Smash Ace
Thanks for the tips/reviews etc. broskis.

And that Falcon was Juggleguy, Lake. :yeahboi:

What is this about fang girls?

[collapse=Seems legit.]

[/collapse]

DRGN

Technowizard
Yeah, Zelda's grab may be bad, but if they're scared and you predict their shield early enough, it'll do the job. But you'd still better be pretty close if you're going to dash grab. Not just because they'll see you coming a mile away, but more specifically: if they know even a little about Zelda, a good player will recognize when you've gotten too close to effectively kick, and since you don't have any other good options at that distance, may just as well recognize you as being open.

Soloist

Smash Ace
Here are some games with Shady (the Marth main)'s secondaries:

Click

And a herpaderpfest with Dope's Falco, where I lose every game:

Click

I was playing pretty terribly that day actually (i.e throwing random things out, running into attacks, not thinking at all).

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
hmm i think i've got some old videos of ShroudedOne's zelda somewhere if you want a little archive thingy.

i'll update this post once i find them.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
hmm welp i didn't find any of the old videos we recorded because my hard drive got wiped :D

but we recorded some new ones today ^^

but the video files got corrupted and can't be read :D

thats 3+ hours of footage gone to waste.
and we had some pretty boss matches today too :\

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'm going to the norcal regional this weekend. Going all zelda (as I always do). I'm gonna be recording my pool as well so I should have some videos to put up. I haven't played in ages so wish me luck lol

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah, unfortunately I kinda did lol. The last time I played melee was 4 or 5 months ago I think. I'm mostly just going:

-Because It's close to where I live
-To watch some great sets
-To hang out with people I haven't seen in a while
-To bring 4 setups and help the tournament run smoothly

Bringing the setups is the enabling factor actually. It's gonna pay my entry fee for the tournament and take care of my food and gas expenses.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah actually the real reason I go to tournaments is because my 7 year old little sister was kidnapped by the Serbian government and they are forcing her to work as a performer in the circus. The only way I can get them to release her is if I play a low tier character in a non-traditional fighting game and go to tournaments for 5 years.

lololololol But honestly I do still enjoy it. I just I enjoy watching more than playing at this point.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Oh i realised my post sounds a lot meaner than i meant for it to sound... But i don't know how to rephrase it, sooo... Yea.
<3

DRGN

Technowizard
Played Zelda last weekend in tournament. Got a set recorded. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ejhRPnpck

If you don't already know the Samus, he's a long time player from Norcal, from the crew FTA. Good player; used to be ranked 'til he stopped playing for a while.

I wish I could have got some more recorded, like some quicker paced ones, lol. The Link match wasn't bad, but man, chasing that Samus all over was a long workout! Didn't help I kept missing so many kicks.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Ohhh, I forgot I gave this thread to someone else. Ty for updating for me lmao

D

Deleted member

i see you had as much fun with darkrain as me and cosmo did. great matchup right?

Top Bottom