• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Video Thread - For those who love Zelda

TheLake

Smash Master
I love watching my self play

especially when i lose cause then i pretend im just some scrub and laugh

and then cry on the inside...

Me and zone finaaaanally ditto'd

and mow like wrecked pp sum

and capes still got it

so much love

soooo much love

and i mm'd laijin and didnt lose to any young links

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yes. TheLake beat me.
I underestimated Zelda's ability to punish very well.

However, I still think YL win's the MU. But maybe its not as extreme as I thought since Zelda can punish him so hard.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
It seems like a pretty even MU to me, although ylink might have a little bit of an advantage. Ahhh, those projectiles

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, the last time this thread was updated was before thelake even joined the boards

GOTM

Smash Champion
I recorded like 5 hours of Melee the other night. A good 3 of them has to be only my Zelda. I'm going to be uploading a bunch here soon.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
If I can get some good matches in with dualcats or Zinth ill post some up. Hard to with dc owning the setup and me practice ic's

:phone:

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
There's no need to apologize really. Just use your ocarina to go back in time, then pick blue zelda instead and we'll forgive you

GOTM

Smash Champion
so i started my huge upload of matches last night, and my laptop froze, i figured none uploaded, but about 4 did, only one of my zelda though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idfpsZ43fxw

its on kongo jungle. dobs is a samus player so its not a fox main. but you can see the basic way i approach the matchup. these are friendlies so i try out new things more than play the way i would in tourney.

there's like at least 15 other matches of my zelda that will go up eventually.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Hold A at the start of the match or pick a different character. If neither of those options sounds appealing then just throw out a lot of kicks with zelda. Idk, most of zelda's moves suck against sheik imo. Dsmash can be good. uh... idk the matchup sucks

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Kicks are usually gonna be your kill move. Aside from that you've got dsmash, utilt on floaties (you shouldn't ever really use this option though), fsmash if they don't DI it (try to hit with just the far edge of the attack for more guaranteed results), dair if you feel like trolling your opponent and they don't expect it, and maybe back throw.

In other words, just figure out how to kill with kicks. Dsmash will kill mostly as an edgeguard but it can kill while you're on stage too.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I watched like 10 seconds of the first match

you jump way to much and for no reason

uhh other than that you may actually need to work on your overall game since that was the slowest Melee I've seen in a long time, from both parties

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I haven't watched any yet but if your on platform stages wave land of the platform into nair or fair/nair. That makes for faster movement overall. Then if u jump, short hop always if u can.

:phone:

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
it could've just been the recording though, the slowness

iunno maybe I'm just used to my fast *** Zelda

don't take it too much to heart, I did only watch 10 seconds

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I watched your games yesterday but totally forgot to comment haha

After rewatching the first 20 seconds it does look really slow (I didn't notice yesterday) but it does seem like it's just the recording.

Your zelda reminds me of how I used to play when I was starting out. You are jumping and throwing out kicks a lot when it's not necessary though. There's not really anything wrong with doing a retreating shorthop kick since you can't really be punished, but full jump kicks that don't hit that are straight up or towards your opponent will get you punished. Zelda's slow and it's important that you stay grounded as much as possible.

Other than that I'd recommend working on your powershielding and try to incorporate uthrow chaingrabs into your game (especially if you're playing on fd) for the falco matchup specifically.

Top Bottom