• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Video and Critique Archive ~ (obselete thread/check stickies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
is bobby always like... that cold and brief short and sweet?
I try to be to the point around here because it saves time when people read it.

Also the details concerning my father is something I'd prefer not to share openly. This thread isn't really the place for that sort of thing. If anyone really wants to know exactly what's going on you can AIM me or something.

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
I try to be to the point around here because it saves time when people read it.

Also the details concerning my father is something I'd prefer not to share openly. This thread isn't really the place for that sort of thing. If anyone really wants to know exactly what's going on you can AIM me or something.
oh i see:)
also, i didnt refer to the details about your father. hope hell get better soon.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
2v2... WIFI :mad:

i'm still trying to find some...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_2flDT-lM&feature=channel

Be brutual... lol
good job on you and Ike not knocking each other out too badly.

there were some times when you could have tossed out a dins cause G@W and ROB were at a distance bothering Ike, but thats just what i would have done.

you should try to save your second jump more on recovery cause every time you flew off you jumped first and tried to just land back on the stage, the ledge doesn't bite that badly lol. you know Bairs the best move for momentum cancel right? just checking since i often saw Uair or Dair while you flew away.

don't throw out so many LKs, and especially not as an approach only air approach w/ Nair. at the same time this often made you do the pattern of whiffed/blocked LK>spotdodge> smash.

that match you didn't stay on the ground much at all, this wasn't too bad cause you got lots of LK moments like at 2:30, but you also took some unnecessary hits in the process, maybe you were in a peachier mood. don't forget the ground is Zelda's best friend, walking gets you the same place and covers your feet better.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
its alright, i still forget Fair is mc for JP and Shiek not Bair all the time. mostly since its remembered in my brain as horizontal move, not vertical, playing as multiple characters causes these issues lol.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Yea more Din's and less LK attempts would be better. You did use LK great at the right times though, so that was awesome. Just there were some cases where some smashes or tilts would have been better than an aerial approach.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
lol not overall.... I mean he didn't use much Din;s at all and spammed LK.

To clarify, I',m not saying he should use Din's more than LK, but up his Din's usage some more and not get so spammy on LK. Other than those 2 points all looked good. Was entertaining lol

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Lol its ok dmt, its a joke because Marsulas used to constantly reminds us of how "useless" it is xD

-Mars-

Smash Hero
There are only like 5 matchups where you should ever use Dins lol.

Oh and to clarify, you can use Dins on wifi and against sorry players.......my Dins tirade was mostly directed at tournament level players.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
There are only like 5 matchups where you should ever use Dins lol.

Oh and to clarify, you can use Dins on wifi and against sorry players.......my Dins tirade was mostly directed at tournament level players.
tournament level players is such a vague term. Anyone can go to a tournament. So do you want to clarify what you were saying? Even if it is dodge can't you take that information and use it to predict their response the next time they avoid din's then punish?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
People at tournaments that dont suck and know what they are doin will laugh at you when you use Dins. of course you can use Dins against tournament scrubs.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
As long as you don't use it in a punishable distance, it's always valid imo. It can work as pressure, or in the case of recovering opponents, manipulation. Often times this won't work well versus the more skilled players, that's a given...but there's no reason NOT to use it provided you are safe. Even the champions slip up...

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
People at tournaments that dont suck and know what they are doin will laugh at you when you use Dins. of course you can use Dins against tournament scrubs.
I find that hard to believe. I'm and by no means condoning spam din's fire but if used properly effectively and correctly it can be good. I also have yet to use Zelda in a tourney so I wouldn't know I'd have to get back to you once I wreck some tourney with her. Or get wrecked either or.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
No used correctly it can be mediocre at best.

You haven't used Zelda in tourny yet? Lol

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I've almost exclusively used Zelda for Dubs tournaments. Teamed with Ness, usually my sole purpose was to camp Din's while Ness did the in-fight, and he had gotten good at magnet-canceling in the air so I'd be healing him, hitting opponents (happens much more in doubles) and forcing opponents to approach me in the process. It worked quite well.

Sure it isn't even close to being one of the better projectiles in the game. Mediocre describes it well... but by no means is it a projectile one should refrain from using.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Oh yea you can use it in doubles.....I wasn't aware that we were talking about doubles lmao.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
You air dodge/DI into your opponent alot and in very predictable situations. Don't feel the need to get right back in your opponents face after you get cracked.

You also over spot dodge. The less you spot dodge the better.

Be more patient with your up airs. You wasted some up air chances by being too hasty.

Don't get cute with D-smash/D-tilt at low percents. Marth revenge killed you by Up B-ing out of it as a result.

Overall you should work on mixing up your patterns especially when on the defensive and make smarter kill move and spacing decisions.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
You air dodge/DI into your opponent alot and in very predictable situations. Don't feel the need to get right back in your opponents face after you get cracked.

You also over spot dodge. The less you spot dodge the better.

Be more patient with your up airs. You wasted some up air chances by being too hasty.

Don't get cute with D-smash/D-tilt at low percents. Marth revenge killed you by Up B-ing out of it as a result.

Overall you should work on mixing up your patterns especially when on the defensive and make smarter kill move and spacing decisions.
Thanks a lot DarkM :D Ive worked on my spotdodge problem since that vid, considering its a couple weeks old, so I guess its good that you just reinforced that.

Dtilts at low percentages are just :( sometimes I just forget though stupid me. Ill work on all the things that you mentioned, and hopefully Ill get more videos up after a couple weeks :)
Hopefully I got better from this video though o____o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEAhGc0WiZQ

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I searched my name on youtube and found some old videos of my Zelda in teams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnAfM22cvK0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WCT1koJ7vo

They are from a low tier tournament in NY. They allow Sonic in low tiers over there... I don't know why. When the low tiers are there because of their lack of speed it just seems silly to have that fast mofo running about.

The good thing about old vids is that I can look and see what I would do differently from then to now, which is actually quite a bit. I would definitely do better now than I did back then, but it was still some close matches.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
What. How come when I can hear it nobody else can. And when I cant everyone can.

*cries* Im so confused

Oh wow I cant hear it now too.
This is too stressful for me so late at night >:O

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ok so Im guessing that the copyright dispute I filed hasnt processed yet or soemthing T.T

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Before anything else: I liked the music and the name very much!

The video itself was pretty entertaining. If you could find a way to fix the video size changes it would get so much better immediately though...

There was also quite some variance in the quality of the clips: some were very good and impressing while others just... not so much.

But overall, nice work! Keep it up!

(sorry about the time you had to wait for me to get the videos to you and lol at the smiley part reminding me of the similar thing I had in my own Melee CV)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I think it came out very nice for my first video ever.

The quality is different because I had a couple different people record for me, none of them stand out as bad quality though.

No worries about time HSS, its done now and I can relaxe :D

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
The quality is different because I had a couple different people record for me, none of them stand out as bad quality though.
Just to be clear, I was talking about quality of the gameplay. There were some clips that had very little interesting going on in them.

But yeah, as I've already said: nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom