• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda information thread (last edit 02-24) Cleaning up, changing sections

Iris

Smash Ace
Zelda's got a big booty in the second-to last part of the clip. Also, her fingers and chest scare me at the end.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Must...not...wa- Ok I broke. They definitely sped it up by a million. And I'm pretty sure some parts of the Melee endings were sped up too.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Do you think its possible that the transformation sequence can be accelerated? You know how if you mash B on luigi's recovery it becomes huge? Maybe if you do the same thing, the Zelda's down B will go faster too? ANyone want to try that out? That would be great if it worked.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
could someone make some videos involving zelda's alt colors? i know it's really trivial... but it gets a little dull when almost every single zelda video involves dark zelda...

sorry for any inconvenience

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
There will....supposedly... be one match of me online sometime soon. I usually play red =).
red is pretty sweet, i must admit... i really want to see blue, green, and classic... =\

i have to say, zelda is probably the first character where i'm inclined to use all of her alt colors... well... her and toon link (only i don't plan on maining toon link)

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
Ah, there was one match I played where I used the classic color, but odds are it wasnt that one. If I do get any in the future, ill try to cycle though, but that was a match against someone online, so I dunno when ill be able to put out my own stuff.

edit: toon link is a beast.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Oh sweet, you recorded a match? Can't wait to see your style. Also Red Zelda/any colour other than black. I want someone to fight a match in blue or green some day.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Oh sweet, you recorded a match? Can't wait to see your style. Also Red Zelda/any colour other than black. I want someone to fight a match in blue or green some day.
Preferably blue. Don't worry, Drake, Darkmusician will take care of the green part of your wish eventually. Besides, we've seen the comp Zeldas play green already anyway. I have yet to see blue, though (I think...).

Red's good too, Metriod. Just steer clear of black, if you would.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I thought the black wasn't that bad...until it became the norm. Now it just looks like Zelda's constantly prepared for a funeral.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
The last video (not the costume colors) I thought was SSE spoilers thank god it wasn't. Also, Metroid looking forward to seeing those matches we need more of them to keep us entertained till Brawl comes out. :)

The video just posted was pretty neat. Nice to see all her moves up close in training mode. I officially love the way she runs it's like she's running to murder or spear someone. Original color ftw wait... nooooo why did they switch to black after? Pfftt black dressed Zelda is so overrated :p.

Melphyr

Smash Cadet
I thought the black wasn't that bad...until it became the norm. Now it just looks like Zelda's constantly prepared for a funeral.
Well you have to understand...Zelda is now a killing machine, kill, pray for their souls, wave godbye... And next victim please!

So the black outfit really fits...She's a princess, she has to be dressed to the ocasion!

But I agree with you, it was cool, now it's too much! I'll just go with normal or green Zelda (or maybe blue)

What I wanted really was toon Zelda T_T!

Drake3

Smash Ace
I suppose that's true. With all the deaths she'll be handing out, she needs to dress for the occasion.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Yeah I used to like the black the best but now I dont becasue everyones using it...

And finally! New avatars!

Guys heres a video showing a demo of Zelda....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRuZSsFNNtg&feature=user
Yes. I know what you mean.
It was going to be my color of choice but..
It's so overrated now that I think I'm going to go with Red.
And definitely yay to new avatars! :D

EDIT: However, what I'm scared of is the transition from Japanese Brawl to U.S. Brawl. You know how there are always those little things that they change from one version to the next? I certainly hope that they don't include Zelda... unless it's reducing the lag time when transforming.

However, that may only be my pessimistic side talking. I don't know. I'm crossing my fingers.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Zelda need not go to Funeral, Zelda burns her victims to ashes.
Zelda has no time for funerals, she's too busy owning.,

Zelda will now take Captain Falcon's place in Brawl as the Chuck Norris of Brawl.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is it sad that the biggest discovery I saw while playing Zelda on Friday was that her dtilt now has amazing IASA frames? Think Marth's dtilt and how fast he can repeat it. And there's no CC'ing to get out of a dtilt chain now, but it does cause them to trip at times.

gdtyrael

Smash Rookie
Is it sad that the biggest discovery I saw while playing Zelda on Friday was that her dtilt now has amazing IASA frames? Think Marth's dtilt and how fast he can repeat it. And there's no CC'ing to get out of a dtilt chain now, but it does cause them to trip at times.
God!! thats awesome Ryoko, Ill sure try it next time I play
Thanks!

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
lol I knew from the beginning that I would never play black since EVERYONE would play black (and I was right, though that wasn't the real reason, in my opinion it looks gothy and ugly- my opinion, goths dont flame me!). Same with all the other chars, oh well i'll still use Samus in her Dark Suit, its too cool to resist.

Hey, anyone know if her Usmash and Fsmash is DI'd out of ALL the time or only SOMEtimes (when the char is too small, not ideal sweetspot, etc). All I care about is whether or not it hits SOMEtimes, because then the move still poses threat and isn't just a stun. I would think so since the sweetspots are like 2x-3x what they were in melee but i just wanted to make sure (in melee they were DI'd out of 100% of the time right?)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fsmash is still as easy as pie to get out of, we found.
Usmash requires a very specific, though still easy and consistent, means of DI to escape it.

I was not punished for escaped Fsmashes this day, but it definitely leaves you at a frame disadvantage. You won't be getting any kind of favorable set up out of this.
I was punished for escaped Usmashes.

They certainly catch the target better than the 1.1 Melee counterparts, but the higher you go, the worse this is going to get, to the point of near-uselessness.

aniemfanzmg

Smash Rookie
Fsmash is still as easy as pie to get out of, we found.
Usmash requires a very specific, though still easy and consistent, means of DI to escape it.

I was not punished for escaped Fsmashes this day, but it definitely leaves you at a frame disadvantage. You won't be getting any kind of favorable set up out of this.
I was punished for escaped Usmashes.

They certainly catch the target better than the 1.1 Melee counterparts, but the higher you go, the worse this is going to get, to the point of near-uselessness.
could you tell me the specific means of DI to escape it. ive found my friends have a very hard time getting out of Usmash. i dont want to practice spamming it like ive been if it will be near useless and punishable. also i dont want to be hopeless against it.

darkatma

Smash Hero
You should mention that you can't expect to bair/fair out of shield anymore, and that kicks for the most part are now ridiculously hard to land :p
In fact, I think her uptilt and upair are easier to hit with than her kicks now.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Has anyone noticed that you can lock people in stun animation with dtilt?
Or more old news?
been in since melee actually.
although maybe it has more stun frames now. Dunno. In melee i know you couldn't respond to a dtilt spamming zelda with a lot of moves, and only the quickest came out in time (of course, shield worked though)

Crispy Fries

Smash Cadet
Hmm...something I've been wondering lately is if hitting things like crates, barrels, Waddle Dees, and Pikmin count towards the move decay...

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
been in since melee actually.
although maybe it has more stun frames now. Dunno. In melee i know you couldn't respond to a dtilt spamming zelda with a lot of moves, and only the quickest came out in time (of course, shield worked though)
Zelda's Dtilt (along with practically every other move in the game) has fewer stun frames on hit in Brawl. However, the dtilt itself has far more IASA frames, so its comboability is much better than it was. Dtilt combos into itself, Dsmash, utilt, and Usmash easily without the opponent being able to do much but take it. Mind their percents, their weight, and the current strength of dtilt to have an advance notice of when and how you can do Dtilt combos.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Heres some videos...
Zelda vs Snake- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIdIQ8KLlcI
Zelda vs Snake- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ykMcOs1KMI

Also heres a video charting everyones dashing speed from slowest to fastest...Thoughts anyone?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdLECu0Zh4

Heres the thread if you dont feel like watching..
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145760
She definitely LOOKS like she's running faster than she actually is. O.o; At least to me she does...

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Heres some videos...
Zelda vs Snake- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIdIQ8KLlcI
Zelda vs Snake- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ykMcOs1KMI
Zelda vs Kirby- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCx3ot0qOTw

Also heres a video charting everyones dashing speed from slowest to fastest...Thoughts anyone?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdLECu0Zh4

Heres the thread if you dont feel like watching..
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145760
It bugs me how Peach can be faster than Zelda now that Zelda is wearing boots while Peach still has those high heels on.

I guess Zelda could've sticked to those heels anyway. Just for the prettyness.:p

Supersmashbro125

Smash Apprentice
I like Zelda in boots,high heels for Brawl Zelda (TP Zelda) doesnt seem right to me...

(STUPID HIGH HEEL PEACH BEING FASTER THAN ZELDA WITH BOOTS!!!)

Arean

Smash Ace
as someone said... peach is a ho.... and ho 's run faster....

I think peach can run faster because she wants to go to the mushroom kingdom sale, to go shopping which is not that important for zelda coz she has better important stuff to do like burning things....

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I've got my Mum to translate part of the magazine scan. I'll try and get some more for you later but it's not too interesting.

The 1st part for Farore's Wind basically says that once you do the move hold the control stick in a direction. She then goes up and then in the direction you held the control stick in.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Peach is just used to high heels and is always playing tennis and baseball and stuff while Zelda... well I dunno... O_o Though it would make more sense for Zelda to run faster... but she isn't that much slower than Peach anyway...

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Well, Sheik is WAY faster than Peach and Sheik is Zelda, so its possible that Zelda really is faster than Peach, she's just wearing clothing that's more difficult to run in. Peach, being a complete ho-bag, is probably wearing clothing that's light and easy to take off, while Zelda is wearing a heavier dress - hence the slower running speed.

I think that's a trade-off I can live with.

Top Bottom