• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Appreciation Thread

Zone

Smash Champion
Well you do get to choose who the partners of the situation will be. If you've noticed on the Diddy Kong/Donkey Kong video you HAVE to be either DK or Diddy. There aren't more than 2 people in that situation.
And if you watched the subspace videos from E for All, you'd know that after you save Peach/Zelda, Kirby runs off with [Insert Name Here]. What I'm asking is what do you think happens at that point.
From what I understand from vids and updates I've seen.

You build a team as you go so at first you're either mario or kirby fighting eachother. Then you can pick from 4 once peach and zelda come in. Not to mention Fox finds Diddy kong. It seems to me you're forced to play with a variety of characters that you lose/gain as you go through the plot. and The Co-op mode seemd that if one player dies, instead of having a new stock, you had to choose a new character from your team?(I may be wrong).

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
From what I understand from vids and updates I've seen.

You build a team as you go so at first you're either mario or kirby fighting eachother. Then you can pick from 4 once peach and zelda come in. Not to mention Fox finds Diddy kong. It seems to me you're forced to play with a variety of characters that you lose/gain as you go through the plot. and The Co-op mode seemd that if one player dies, instead of having a new stock, you had to choose a new character from your team?(I may be wrong).
No, I think you're right. It's just that, from the Donkey Kong one, there is just the part after they jump of the cliff, they go into that screen where you either have to choose between Diddy or DK. Then you have to control either one whatever whatever. I may be wrong because I'm not totally sure but I think teams are formed after you do the part I'm talking about.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Today was at least partially glorious for the Zelda followers of the forum because something other than NOTHING was finally put in an update.

As I'm sure you've seen, here are the colored Zeldas.

Sakurai has mentioned that there will be six recolors. He's given three. Excluding the fact the Melee Zelda probably doesn't count as the red one, there leaves 1spot aside from the three team colors. Which color do you think it will be? Do you think the other recolors will have different colored hairs now? What are your thoughts on Zelda now having three different hair colors?

Oh and Pappioll, good job on getting your recolor almost-perfectly matching his.

Iris

Smash Ace
I'm hoping team colors won't change the hair color and Zelda will have one more alternate for Puppet Zelda.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
This update made me happy. Partially because Zelda was actually included in a general character update.

I LOVE The way Sakurai has re-made the Melee costume. I prefer it over the TP costume.

The black was is amazing also. I can't wait to see other re-colours.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Today was at least partially glorious for the Zelda followers of the forum because something other than NOTHING was finally put in an update.

As I'm sure you've seen, here are the colored Zeldas.

Sakurai has mentioned that there will be six recolors. He's given three. Excluding the fact the Melee Zelda probably doesn't count as the red one, there leaves 1spot aside from the three team colors. Which color do you think it will be? Do you think the other recolors will have different colored hairs now? What are your thoughts on Zelda now having three different hair colors?

Oh and Pappioll, good job on getting your recolor almost-perfectly matching his.
Thanks, I think I will make more recolors later and add these two confirmed costumes.
We have Purple (original), Melee one, and black Zelda. The 3 others will probably be Blue, Green and hopefully a bright and shiny one too - white?

Iris

Smash Ace
I don't think that's her fighting stance. In one of the SSE videos with her, whenever she wasn't fighting, she was standing up straight like in Melee. It looks like she just landed from a jump or something, similar to this:

The only thing I don't like about Zelda's model is her arms and hands. In most of the pics with Zelda, her fingers look completely screwy. Also, her her arm looks terrible in the picture of her down-tilt.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Thanks, I think I will make more recolors later and add these two confirmed costumes.
We have Purple (original), Melee one, and black Zelda. The 3 others will probably be Blue, Green and hopefully a bright and shiny one too - white?
If they're going with the theme, then gold.

Iris

Smash Ace
Hopefully Zelda will be one of the characters with 7 alternates. Either that or let puppet Zelda be her green version.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I don't think that's her fighting stance. In one of the SSE videos with her, whenever she wasn't fighting, she was standing up straight like in Melee. It looks like she just landed from a jump or something, similar to this:

The only thing I don't like about Zelda's model is her arms and hands. In most of the pics with Zelda, her fingers look completely screwy. Also, her her arm looks terrible in the picture of her down-tilt.
Well I just came back here to check things out and I saw this picture....

don't you think Zelda's back looks a little scary there? D:

Iris

Smash Ace
Looks normal to me. I think it looks weird because she's crouching slightly, making her look hunchbacked.

Zone

Smash Champion
Well, I don't know, I guess it's just me but it looks like there's a lump on her neck.
it's just an odd angle, the fact that her hair is covering the end boundary of her neck can possibly make you visualize its longer. thus making the neck look odd. But I agree the angle is weird and she looks a little funny.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The text says each character has "about six different color variations." Given what we've seen, which are OoT Zelda, Black Dress, and TP Purple, that only leaves a Red, Blue, and Green costume to get to six. There could be more or less than six, or course, but what we already know doesn't leave much room for other colors. Except for perhaps the white/lilac Melee costume which hasn't been seen in Brawl yet.

Iris

Smash Ace
The jewel in Zelda's circlet in the Melee recolor is white, so I'd assume that's the replacement for the white costume from Melee.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'll apreciate Zelda All day hehehe
Just a bit of knowledge to remember.....
Ninja Girlfreinds are extremely flexible, I bet Link never expected Zelda to be able to do so much....

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Alright everyone, I think I may have stumbled on something that could very well be nothing. As from today's Hyrule Update, you can see this picture:

As you can see Zelda is in the far right. As you can also see, she's doing something weird with her arms. It kinda looks like she's waving at Ike. I'm not totally sure though. Do you think this is something of importance or something that can just be waved off?

Cless

Smash Champion
Maybe it's a taunt. Kinda weird though. I doubt it's some kind of attack, since Zelda's attacks usually involve sparkly things.

Iris

Smash Ace
Looks like she might be about to use her up tilt. Other than that, I can't place this with a move and I have no idea what she's doing.

Cless

Smash Champion
Doesn't the up tilt start lower? Unless they changed it up or something.

edit: you know what, maybe it's the opening frame of her up smash.

Iris

Smash Ace
Her arm seems a little far out for the up smash.

Either way, I certainly hope it's not a taunt.

SeventhSage

Smash Apprentice
Why do I like Zelda ? She's a strong and wise mage. She is the heir to the crown of Hyrule and has shown to be more than a damsel in distress. I like the fact that she used her Sheik guise to hide from Ganondorf and also that she has powerful magical powers. I made up a list of her weapons and powers:

Zelda

Hit Points: ***
Strength: **
Speed: **
Magic Power: *****
Weaponry: **
Fighting Skills: ***
Intellect: *****

(as Sheik)

Hit Points: ***
Strength: ***
Speed: *****
Magic Power: **
Weaponry: **
Fighting Skills: ****
Intellect: *****

Zelda's Weapons

Zelda's Sword: In Twilight Princess, Zelda is seen wielding a rapier-like sword. In the comics, Zelda is said to be a great fighter, archer and horseback rider.

Light Arrows: In the same game, Zelda uses the powerful Light Arrows similar to those Link used in Ocarina of Time.

Needles: Zelda used them as Sheik in Super Smash Bros Melee. She could throw one to six needles at the enemy. They were pretty hard to see and they would not only do major damage but also make the foes flinch; preventing them from attacking or jumping back on the ledge.

Chain Whip: The chain whip Sheik brandishes is good for edge guarding and for canceling enemy projectiles.

Deku Nuts: Zelda used Deku Nuts as Sheik in Ocarina of Time to make a diversion and escape mysteriously.

Zelda's Powers

Triforce of Wisdom: Zelda was the chosen one to hold the bottom left part of the Triforce known as the Triforce of Wisdom. It imparts divine wisdom upon it's holder. It grants Zelda mystical abilities including the ability to heal others, manipulate reality, precognition and the ability to communicate telepathically. It leads its holder to make the right decisions, making Zelda wiser than any mortal. In Twilight Princess, when the inhabitants of the kingdom are turned into spirits, the Triforce of Wisdom protects Zelda from the spell. It also allows Zelda to communicate with higher forms, for example, she called the Light Spirits to aid her and they gave her the light arrows as a response.

Nayru's Love: In Super Smash Bros, Zelda uses Nayru's love to reflect projectiles, deal damage to nearby enemies and protect her from harm. According to Ocarina of Time, Nayru's love renders the user totally invulnerable until he runs out of mana.

Din's Fire: It is Zelda's projectile. It is a controllable floating light who burst into flames upon impact. In Ocarina of Time, it surrounds the user with heavy fire. Enough fire to full a room.

Farore's Wind: Farore's wind is a recovery move that travels very far in Super Smash Bros. In Ocarina of Time, it allows the user to teleport back to a previously set location.

Magic Dust: When she fights, Zelda generates magical dust that deal major damage to the enemies. We can see it in Super Smash Bros. She can use this magic to hit with her palms like in her smashes moves but also to grab, shock and throw away as seen in her grab move. She can also create a fire cloud like in her aerial up move. Her most powerful move is the popular lightning kick, where she centers immense magical power in the ball of her foot and sends enemies flying off stage.

Vanish: She uses this magic as Sheik. She disappears in a blast of fire, only to re-appear a little further.

Light Beam: In Ocarina of Time, after Link defeated Ganon, Zelda shoots a huge beam of light from her palms to neutralize the evil warlock.

Barrier Dispel: Zelda, along with the other sages, uses this power to seal Ganondorf in the void. It also allows her to open the doors of the crumbling tower when Link and her are trying to escape.

Flight: In Twilight Princess, Ganondorf uses Zelda against Link. As Ganon's puppet, she is seen flying and she dives at him with her sword extended.

Energy Ball: Possessed Zelda's main attack is a ball of energy. Link must make it rebound on Ganondorf.

Light Triangle: The other attack Possessed Zelda has is a giant triangle of light that appears on the ground. Link must escape the area as it will blast in energy and deal major damage.

Sheikah Form: Zelda uses her magic to turn into a Sheikah. Her irises turn red, her skin gets darker and she is wrapped into a tight Sheikah outift. Apparently, she can shapeshift in an instant. It is of popular belief that Impa is responsible for her training in the Sheikah martial arts.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Oh, I love Zelda, I'm not really that great with her, but I pick her a lot anyways, so I can practice with her in Brawl. I really like her dark/black alt, makes her seem like a witch. For her Final Smash, I think it will be a barrage of light arrows.

Cless

Smash Champion
I dunno, I think it might involve Midna in some way, or some Sage beatdown. Zelda only used Light Arrows in WW, right?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Light Arrows need to be her generic projectile. :/
What Zelda lacked in Melee was a means of forcing opponents to come to her, which was extremely painful since Zelda was already the slowest character in the game. Even with the improvements to Din's, it remains a niche projectile. Stunning Light Arrows would be just what the doctor ordered.

Cless

Smash Champion
I can't really see them changing her b moves unless they did away with Shiek and made Nayru's Love her down b.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Light Arrows need to be her generic projectile. :/
What Zelda lacked in Melee was a means of forcing opponents to come to her, which was extremely painful since Zelda was already the slowest character in the game. Even with the improvements to Din's, it remains a niche projectile. Stunning Light Arrows would be just what the doctor ordered.
Yes, but the bow would need to be fast itself to be effective. The only drawing speed which is reasonable in Brawl is Pit's (it seems). Zelda being able to draw at Pit's speed (or even close) doesn't make sense at all. And if it's slower than Link's in melee... *sobs*. The arrows can't fire if she's interrupted before she can let go of the string. I don't neccesarily dislike the idea, I just want to see it, you know, maybe actually work?

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Maybe she could take a bit of time to take them out, but would be able to aim up and down (ooo, and maybe in the opposite direction) before she fires by holding the B button... But like that'll happen, we all know how terrible her aim is ;) .

Luthien

Smash Ace
Maybe she could take a bit of time to take them out, but would be able to aim up and down (ooo, and maybe in the opposite direction) before she fires by holding the B button... But like that'll happen, we all know how terrible her aim is ;) .
Besides the fact that that sounds too good to be true, it seems too much like Pit's bow, and Smash logic dictates that Zelda's archery can't be as good as Pit's.

Iris

Smash Ace
Zelda's arrows could possibly be faster. Unlike Link, they aren't really, you know, physical. She just kind of formed them in her hand while pulling the bowstring.

One difference I can think of is he arrows having an aura or curvy trajectory like Mewtwo's standard B. Considering they're pretty much magic, I wouldn't expect them to act like Link's.

The strange thing about Din's Fire is that it isn't truly a projectile. It isn't reflectable nor does it do damage until you ignite it, so it's completely harmless while it follows its path. Perhaps a neat buff they could add is making it damaging or giving it knockback as the fireball travels. Kind of like FLUDD, and you can push the characters with the fireball so they're forced to be in the area when it ignites.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The strange thing about Din's Fire is that it isn't truly a projectile. It isn't reflectable nor does it do damage until you ignite it, so it's completely harmless while it follows its path. Perhaps a neat buff they could add is making it damaging or giving it knockback as the fireball travels. Kind of like FLUDD, and you can push the characters with the fireball so they're forced to be in the area when it ignites.
I agree, this would be a much needed buff to Din's if Zelda receives no other projectile. The feact that people could run right past Din's and hit you before had a chance to do anything was just silly. You could quadruple buff Din's Fire and it could still be a mediocre attack. -.- But what I was hoping for was Din's to be a power projectile and Light Arrows to be a spam/annoyance projectile.

And while I'm here, is it just me, or are the posts in the Zelda forum much easier to stomach than those in the Peach forum? I can barely bring myself to mod the posts there.

Top Bottom