• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
The idea of recording/commentating yugioh matches is cool. Pretty good commentary, Pink. Something I would kind of like to do.

How would you all feel about someone live streaming yugioh? I don't do ranked matches, but it'd be cool to build decks with an audience, playtest with viewers and that kind of stuff. It'd be neat if the yugioh community on smashboards had something like this making it a bit closer or more active.

Vyke

Smash Champion
The idea of recording/commentating yugioh matches is cool. Pretty good commentary, Pink. Something I would kind of like to do.

How would you all feel about someone live streaming yugioh? I don't do ranked matches, but it'd be cool to build decks with an audience, playtest with viewers and that kind of stuff. It'd be neat if the yugioh community on smashboards had something like this making it a bit closer or more active.
I was really into this idea awhile back, but we gotta hook people into it somehow. Twitch.tv would probably be the best place for it considering they've got some MTG:O and tournament matches. Need a banner, microphone, and a camera is always a plus. Responding to viewers to keep them coming back as well.

If we advertise it on Pojo or somewhere else, we'll need a metric ****ton of mods from the trolls we'd get.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
There's nothing as frustrating as playin people at DN that doesn't even know that Waboku can't be actuvated at any moment and that Utopia can negate ANY attack....

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I was testing Stellars.
God, they completly SUCK by their own.
You run out of hand immediatly, and get xyz like crazy.
Their xyz's have no good effects and can be destroyed pretty easy.

I mean, they should be nice if supported with other cards.... but they're silly.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah, I started again just at the start of Xyz so I never use Syncros for anything. I totally skipped their time to shine so I don't know the usefulness of them. Xyz all day.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Synchros are still better than XYZs except for the Evolzars and like Zenmaighty. XYZ's big advantage is that they're easier to do so the cards you do them with are generally better on their own. This applies until they make accessible XYZs that bounce things from the field or has a decent pop a card effect. I find that as it is XYZs can't come back and turn a game around or guarantee a win like good Synchros can. Most XYZs are just good floaters.

I guess Royal Oppression could come back in this metagame but I don't want it back and it won't change much.

edit: Also I thought about it and I don't want to do a livestream of this personally. I wouldn't be able to have it up often enough for it to work out. What I could do instead is some sort of deckbuilding blog with my step by step thought process of deckbuilding and some playtest results and reworks. I think that'd be cool.

Vyke

Smash Champion
XYZ have a large advantage in that most of the relevant ones this format cannot be destroyed, so the only generic synchro capable of dealing with them are Brionac. They do much more for the small amount of effort they require to get out.

Royal Oppression has been replaced by Vanity's Emptiness for the most part. Yes, it seems like a bad card, but it only needs to stop one or two things before it's done it's job. Not to mention it's a card to your graveyard, not any.

The Rank 6 Stellar Xyz is going to be very relevant whenever it comes out, if Heiratics haven't been hit yet in US by the time it comes out.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
In XYZ vs Synchro specifically XYZs might win (other than Brio is a synchro staple and is dirt easy to get out), but in general Synchros do more and are more game winning. Black Rose is an out to otherwise impossible situations, Scrap Dragon comes in and takes a problem card down, and then is a huge beater afterwards, and Brionac is a very easy answer to pretty much everything. All XYZs do are sit there. They're really freaking good at sitting there but those things don't win games.

Vanity's is actually pretty good, but I think it's too hard to use. And everything else in this format is really easy to use. I agree about Stellar M7 and I'm just glad that he won't be super accessible to every deck.

Also if you're a super old school player and don't want to bother with synchros and xyzs or something just play your favorite Chaos variant and take the tour guides out. Replace them with Gravekeeper's Spy maybe? GK Spy is still a really good card in chaos decks, I feel. As long as you're not facing freaking Inzektor.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The thing with xyz monsters though is that they're just outright easier and have either little or no cost. Tour guide is literally a free answer to anything and only veiler answers it. There's so many monsters that allow you to swarm easily with little to no cost. Most xyz monsters don't really need to ever be hit by the ban hammer(except laggia, **** that card) but things like bunny and tour guide are just too ****ing good.

Jen =3

Smash Cadet
I used to play this game :3 The show was the shiznit too (: I bought a booster pack out of nostalgia a couple months ago just to have the feeling of opening the pack and getting cards I'd never seen before, something called a synchro monster and I was like "whuuuuuut?! Its white!" Then when I tried to read into it I got confused and decided it was to off-center from when I liked it :L

Vyke

Smash Champion
Keep in mind that Synchro mechanics make your play an inherent -1 unless you're doing a specific play, but for that reason they have those bomb-*** effects. Xyz come out a similar way, but if you'll notice almost all the ways people get out an Xyz this format thins their deck with minimal card usage and gains massive advantage for doing it.

And all the current Xyz do is sit there, but they do it to net you advantage, most doing it by themselves such as Tiras, Zenmaines, and Adreus. Not to mention drop your hand from the Wind-Up side of things. Next pack won't be any better, as we get Xyz that perform loops that OTK if you aren't prepared.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Konami wants to promote Xyz as much as possible. The only thing I see them hindering are ways to get them out rather than the monsters themselves. How do you think most people felt when Synchro monsters first came out?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Konami wants to promote Xyz as much as possible. The only thing I see them hindering are ways to get them out rather than the monsters themselves. How do you think most people felt when Synchro monsters first came out?
I know that, but currently they are ridiculous.
I'd like to see them limiting ways to summon them or adding more ways to stop them (like unban Royal Oppression). But that's just me...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The big problem is its not just the xyz's. A lot of the new archtypes are **** stupid as well. Heiratic dragons, wind ups and even things like the new ninjas and evolsaurs are ridiculous. Konami is pushing xyz so hard so they have to have all these cards that swarm really easily. But because there's no way to have cards swarm but within limit you end up with a bunch of decks that can swam really powerful xyz monsters in one turn making otks way to frequent. Also bls is legal and tour guide is at 3. **** this game.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
lol I always wondered the same thing. Same with Respectful Play (or something like that), it would be annoying to keep pressing "show the hand" during the entire duel.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I might make that deck IRL. It's fairly cheap and I already have some of the cards for it. It's so fun plussing three every turn because I can keep using stuff like Gishki Diviner and Archfiend's Oath.

Edit: Also sold my Rescue Rabbit for $75. I saw prices dropping and knew I'd never run Dino rabbits so I just sold it off.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I played a lot during Tele-DAD all the way up to . .. that last good zombie format. I think the end of 09?? maybe up to march '10

I still love the idea of playing casually but the tourney scene is jank cause konami is a hog.

Brookman

Smash Hero
it was something along the lines of...

2x dad
3x malicious
3x krebons
1x stratos
1x grepher
1x caius
1x tomato
1x sangan
xx other dheros (diamond dude/doom lord/dasher/plasma)

2x rota
3x E-tele
3x ddraw
3x allure
1x heavy
1x trunade
1x mst

3x solemn judgment
2x pheonix wing wind blast
1x torrential
1x CCV

that seems pretty basic to me.

The idea was draw out the deck + spam synchros and DAD for the otk win. Oppression was a common side to cover for the mirror (IE I set up first and completely **** you, sorry

Top Bottom