• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think it's only fun once in a blue moon, because it gets old extremely fast and is just a boring deck overall.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Also there's something wrong with your scenario, besides the obvious huge conditions lol. Why would anyone fiendish after you've already equipped? Fiendish doesnt stop you from activating Hornet's ability to send to grave and pop, which would be fiendish, which allows for you to hit activate Hornet's effect. In that case your opponent would then have to chain Veiler to hornet's eff, effectively not letting him go plus at all.

Also Macro Cosmos doesnt effect Inzektors because when an inzektor is equipped, it doesnt count as a monster, it counts as a spell, so it still goes to grave.
This is RIDDLED with inaccuracies, man. Before you even try to argue you really should quit callin' the kettle black here on assumptions.

Macro doesn't allow any card to go to grave, including spells and traps. You're thinking Dimensional Fissure.

If an Inzektor's effect that Hornet is equipped to gets negated, Hornet drops off of the monster without his own effect. Effect Veiler can't be used on Hornet when he's a spell either, because... he's a spell, yo. Even then, Veiler won't stop things that activate in graveyard off of being sent there for cost.

Also, Konami does not determine the pricing of cards. This is generated by supply and demand. Konami provides all cards in booster packs, which come at set pricing.
That's just straight up silly. Economics do work that way, but don't think for a second Konami doesn't know this. They intentionally manipulate the rarities of cards that they determine to test well in the OCG for TCG audiences to make oodles and oodles of money, and reprint the packs down the line after seeing how well certain product has sold and for what cards for even extra cash. This is just good business. But the game will be over this way sooner or later.

Fiendish Chain's hike in price? That's fine. Makes sense. Maxx "C"? That's cool too. Milking Tour Guide/Bus/Tardy Orc? Card Car "D"? TCG Exclusives.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You're right, I did have macro confused with d-fissure.

But I wouldn't be so hard up on fiendish beating dragonfly. Someone brought that up in LA against my friend who was running inzektors and three judges ruled it that hornet stays equipped.

But Moreso I'm not the pot calling the kettle black, i literally said if we're making wild mass assumptions about your opponent, why can we not do the same for the player? Obviously if you open **** and your opponent opens well, you lose. Welcome to yugioh. Saying inzektors are bad when your opponent has answers is like saying wind ups and bunny are bad when your opponent has answers.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I think his point was that Inzektors are the easiest to side against vs the big 3 at this moment. Though I don't really think that's a good justification... he could just say he likes to play the deck. I mean, we all play what we like and we all play what we need to win, if those both coincide then good on ya.

The Inzektor ruling has been tossed up and down and slapped around, but as of now even the judge forum is ruling that it drops off. Unless Fiendish and Effect Veiler work with different mechanics in how they negate, then I don't see why Hornet wouldn't drop off of a Fiendish if it does off of Veiler.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Konami is certainly shrewd in their business model. I will say that this 'game' is strictly designed for COLLECTORS. The fact that many people also play the game is a benefit. Ultimately the competitive cards will be rare for the sake of profit margins and in turn will be reprinted to increase said margin after the card has been limited/what have you.

The reprints IMO are designed to KILL the secondary market. Similar to (iirc) Sony's plan to create "one play thru" game discs that have no value for resale.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I think his point was that Inzektors are the easiest to side against vs the big 3 at this moment. Though I don't really think that's a good justification... he could just say he likes to play the deck. I mean, we all play what we like and we all play what we need to win, if those both coincide then good on ya.

The Inzektor ruling has been tossed up and down and slapped around, but as of now even the judge forum is ruling that it drops off. Unless Fiendish and Effect Veiler work with different mechanics in how they negate, then I don't see why Hornet wouldn't drop off of a Fiendish if it does off of Veiler.
Inzektor rulings have always been the absolute worst. My buddy plays Inzektor sword Zekalibur and it was ruled that if he has a dragonfly equipped with both hornet and sword and then uses hornet to pop sword, dragonfly gets it's effect twice, despite the fact that that would mean Dragonfly would activate twice in the same chain.

The reasoning we were given? "Oh, it just works that way"

Despite not working that way for everything else ever.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
He passed first turn, that was his first, and last mistake
No, his first mistake was playing a Sophia deck (...I play Sophia decks too :c). His LAST mistake was you having Future Fusion in opening hand playing dragons.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Inzektor rulings have always been the absolute worst. My buddy plays Inzektor sword Zekalibur and it was ruled that if he has a dragonfly equipped with both hornet and sword and then uses hornet to pop sword, dragonfly gets it's effect twice, despite the fact that that would mean Dragonfly would activate twice in the same chain.

The reasoning we were given? "Oh, it just works that way"

Despite not working that way for everything else ever.
It works, and is common knowledge and the basis for an OTK strategy that they use. I'm sure Pierce can give you the specifics on how it works, because I sure as hell don't feel like looking it up to explain it. Just know that the chain builds correctly and Yu-Gi-Oh! Game mechanics are too complicated for it's own good.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
What I see often are 3 Eclipse Dragons, 1 Lightpulsar, and 1 random dragon, maybe Prime Material. Of course, the 3 Eclipse are to get the REDMD's in the grave, but I only see that in Dragon/Chaos variants.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUA0jfjRbBk

Opinions on this starter deck? I REALLY like that 4-rank. It's a very fun card, but not one of those a-hole cards like Zenmaines. I bought 2 of the decks so that I'd have 2 of the 4-rank, 2 of the 3-rank that doubles atk of a Djinn, and 2 more Utopias. I think if you can get out the different Djinn XYZs, the effects can be pretty cool.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So, I'm building a Dragon deck. I realized today that I have virtually all of the cards to run Dragonsworns similar to the build that topped YCS Dallas. It's not going to be the same thing as I'm gonna throw some personal touches in there, but it's gonna be legit. My biggest problem I've faced against my friend is that he gets out monsters that I can't get over. He runs Dark Worlds which gets out Grapha super quick which leaves my Evols out of luck as well as my vanilla Lightsworns until I get out JD. He also now runs Six Sams and I have trouble getting over his initial push. Hopefully dragons will get me there.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Hi Yugioh thread. I've got a question.

I've been thinking about getting a deck for this game for the occasional times I go to unfamiliar card shops and people are playing this game, but I don't want to spend too much (I like to spend money on MTG instead, heh). I have an old beatdown deck, but it isn't too good.

Which easily-acquired starter deck is best for getting three of and combining? The XYZ symphony one seems interesting.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
get 3 dragon collide structure decks

or 3 Dark World ones.

Cna't really go wrong with those

SporT my KankeR

Vyke

Smash Champion
Yeah, they've been doing it recently. They revive old archetypes with new support for people that like that stuff (or if you're in on the conspiracy, for MOAR MONAY)

Grapha, Gates of the Dark World, and Snoww are all amazing support that drive the deck to compete with the top tiers.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Can you relate that to me??

I.E. Summon DAD *calls priority, targets monster* is no longer a legal action??

Top Bottom