• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

crush

Smash Master
it was something along the lines of...

2x dad
3x malicious
3x krebons
1x stratos
1x grepher
1x caius
1x tomato
1x sangan
xx other dheros (diamond dude/doom lord/dasher/plasma)

2x rota
3x E-tele
3x ddraw
3x allure
1x heavy
1x trunade
1x mst

3x solemn judgment
2x pheonix wing wind blast
1x torrential
1x CCV

that seems pretty basic to me.

The idea was draw out the deck + spam synchros and DAD for the otk win. Oppression was a common side to cover for the mirror (IE I set up first and completely **** you, sorry
By the end of the format hella people were maining double oppression, compulse and 2 krebons and 1 etele tho babe. I nevr even used my sideboard for the mirror

:phone:

Vyke

Smash Champion
Is that supposed to be funny? Fableds can loop Maxx "C" with Brio and two cerburrel or Lurri, but who the heck doesn't main or at least Side Deck a Veiler?

I guess screaming Rage to 47 people watching is cool.

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
nah disk commander was banned when tele-dad was ****** our *******s

and yeah what crush said. people were maindecking oppression to **** up everyone after they set up their whole fields of double stardust and ****

good times

edit: i looked at the results of the ycs in paris or wherever it was this past weekend or so. all dino and insektors and rabbit and 2 bubble decks. but of course the dragons won. idk. i miss ygo

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
**** dragons. I hate when my opponent opens up by playing a dragon, banishing it for Red-eyes and special summoning light pulsar dragon from his hand. I ****ing quit when that happens.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I swap decks around a lot IRL because I don't have a lot of staple sets (aka Sangans, Dark Holes, Mystical Space Typhoon, Heavy Storm, etc...). Because of that, I only ever have 2 complete decks at a time. My first complete modern deck was a standard Fairy deck (essentially the vanilla starter deck). I then morphed that along with cards like BLS, Sangan, Thunder Kings, Sangan and made it a Fairy/Chaos mix. However, with no Chaos Sorcerers and just 1 Hyperion, it was fairy inconsistent (However, consecrated light totally ****ed my friend over because he mained Dark Worlds)

I ran that deck for the majority of the time swapping cards like Debunk in temporarily to try and see if that would work well for his Dark Worlds (it didn't).

Now, I have an Evol deck and an Inzektor deck. I have 3 Laggia and 3 Solda. I sold my Dolkka because the price doubled during YCS and it was too good to pass up. My Inzektor deck is fairly staple except I have no swords and just 1 Hornet. However, I can get that Hornet in my hand or graveyard within a turn or so, so it's not too bad. If I can get my hand on 2 more Hornet, I'll make it a permanent deck and won't disassemble it.

Evols on the other hand aren't very strong against my friend unfortunately. His Six Samurai deck wrecks me completely while Inzektors wreck him.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Evoltile/Evolsaur/Evolzar

It's an XYZ deck revolving around getting out the Evolzars Laggia, dolkka, and Solda (the first two mainly)

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
A vast majority of my collection of cards are older ones... Like, The 2004 Yu-Gi-Oh! Movie old...

And boy have I got a ton of trade-ables on hand.

As far as Yu-Gi-Oh goes, well, the Manga is one hell of a hidden jem. I'll be honest, the card game is actually a pretty good game it's just that everyone goes "Yu-gay-ho? lol play magic u n00b." I haven't played the Yu-Gi-Oh card game since middle school, and that was when I was teaching an elementry school kid how to play the game. I think the last time I bought Yu-Gi-Oh cards was about a year ago out of a nostalgic impulse.
Tell me. Give me a name. TELL ME WHO SAYS THAT!!! I WANT TO SEE SOMEONE WHO IS ACTING LIKE AN ACTUAL IDIOT ON MY WATCH! :mad:

Very cool haha. Zombies, Lightsworn, and Blackwings are still dominating the metagame... Although after the new booster pack Absolute Powerforce is released, X Sabers will rise on the tier list (hopefully).
This is making my head hurt...

**** dragons. I hate when my opponent opens up by playing a dragon, banishing it for Red-eyes and special summoning light pulsar dragon from his hand. I ****ing quit when that happens.
Not all folks who like to play with Dragons do that...

fux xyz ill take a deko + d prison flip + monarch play ANY DAY . lol
Hey! Watch the Language! :c

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I play Inzektors because I've always liked Insect Type Monsters. I played Insects back when they had nothing and was able to compete in the original Monarch Format, when Zaborg was the play.

Also, LOL, you'd rather I play Wind-Up, or Rabbit? I prefer skill based combo decks. Wind-ups is a skill based combo deck, but it's cheesy. Friends don't let friends play Dark Worlds. I really like Dragons right now. Second place at Dallas had a really nice build that made me start liking them a lot more. It was more than just REDMD/LightPulsar beat, which I never really felt was good.
Ninjas are meh, and while I'm a pretty decent Hero player, I don't like Heros because back when the Hero cards came out, Jaden's army kept getting support every single pack. It was so dumb. When I was opening a pack, and hoping to pull a card, and I kept getting all these scrub Hero cards, I got mad. So I still hate Heros from my childhood.

I didn't play Agents when they were big, but I play them a lot now. My build is pretty effective with Earth at 1, and doesn't use Tour Guide either.

Vyke

Smash Champion
The only thing I dislike about Wind-Ups is the loop. The archetype itself is cool, but the loop has gotta go. Rabbit can open with some pretty godawful hands compared to the other top decks this format, at least.

Inzektors are the most boring thing I've ever seen, so I dunno how you can justify skill being a large aspect of what you play. I mean, half of the game is inherently luck with any deck anyway, but Inzektor plays? Really?

Maybe I'm just not appreciating popping cards on field into an Xyz or Gigamantis beat every turn, or something. I realize that they have some more stuff coming out, but Hornet is just the dumbest thing ever. As is Wind-Up Hunter, so dun get me wrong.

Loops are dumb, and Konami should feel bad for putting them in and their jank, overpriced ways to stop them.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
A lot of people don't realize that despite Hornet being ridiculous, Inzektors are a combo based deck. The defensive tools we have in YuGiOh today are actually really good at stopping combo based decks. Wind-Ups are considered the best combo based deck of the format, because their combo can be executed on turn 1.

Suppose your opponent is playing Inzektors. You control Kabazauls, a set Fiendish Chain and have Effect Veiler in hand. The Inzektor player cannot make a major play unless Hornet is in their grave. Then, if the Inzektor player does have a hornet, they must still have another Inzektor to execute Hornet's effect. Now, the good part about Inzektors is that after making their play, they end with Dragonfly in hand, to make the play again. However, that Fiendish Chain you have set means that you have control over the Inzektor player. You wait until they make their play. If you let them equip hornet from their hand, and then use Fiendish Chain, they will go -2 (after you beat the Inzektor monster over). Then, they will have to draw another Inzektor Monster before having a change to do anything else.

So first, they need to have a 2 card combo. Then they need to make a play successfully, without getting stunned. Lastly, they need to kill you before you stun their play, or you will effectively break the loop of them being able to make the play again. Then they will have to draw into the second piece of the combo again. In this time, you can simply draw into another stun card.

Going back into that base example. If I have Dragonfly, Hornet in hand, and you have Kabazuals and Fiendish Chain set. I normal summon Dragonfly, and equip hornet. Then you activate Fiendish Chain. I immediately lose the Hornet. Even though it can be retrieved from grave, it still is not a card that can be used at the present, so you have generated advantage.

If I do not have a response to summon, I now have to deal with the potential of a normal summoned second vanilla. This grants Laggia or Dollka. Either of them is another out to an Inzektor play. If you still have veiler in hand, you're pretty much not going to let an Inzektor go off the entire time.

If I try and beat over you, you are liable to respond with Lance, or another Fiendish Chain. Or I might just negate the summon of your monster altogether.

In game 2, there are even MORE ways to stun Inzektors. Shadow Mirror, Skill Drain, Macro Cosmos, and D.D. Crow are all devastating cards.

If you are getting rolled over by Inzektors, it probably means you're just not running enough responsive cards in your deck. Pretty much everything stops them. Book, Compulse, Torrential, Warning, Veiler, etc. They are a combo deck, and this makes them fragile. Breaking their plays up is not hard to do, and often devastating. Coupled with the fact that they still have to draw the combo, the deck is far from unbeatable.

However, it does have ridiculous attack power if you are unable to stop it.

Also, Konami does not determine the pricing of cards. This is generated by supply and demand. Konami provides all cards in booster packs, which come at set pricing.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
that's assuming a lot though pierce

That's like saying, if we start, and you have Wind up hunter, instant fusion in hand and I have Maxx C in hand. But what if I dont? I still lose. Inzektors are a deck where you either have answers or you lose. Like obviously if you have Veiler and fiendish you can stop inzektors but to that end if you have veiler/fiendish you can stop literally anything.

Also there's something wrong with your scenario, besides the obvious huge conditions lol. Why would anyone fiendish after you've already equipped? Fiendish doesnt stop you from activating Hornet's ability to send to grave and pop, which would be fiendish, which allows for you to hit activate Hornet's effect. In that case your opponent would then have to chain Veiler to hornet's eff, effectively not letting him go plus at all. Moreso you've only used 2 cards in hand, assuming both hornet and dragonfly were in your hand, so are we assuming your other 3 cards are completely useless? If we're making assumptions, what if one of those cards is Giga-mantis, allowing you to not only get over kabazuls but also forcing your opponent to either have lance as an answer or waste bunny to make utopia to get over you.

You can theory as hard as you want, inzektors are the toppest of tier decks right now, along with bunny and wind ups.

Also Macro Cosmos doesnt effect Inzektors because when an inzektor is equipped, it doesnt count as a monster, it counts as a spell, so it still goes to grave.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It's cool, he was playing way harder than I was. After we recorded them he said he almost didnt want to upload them cus I obviously wasnt trying that hard but I wasnt trying hard cus I wanted them to be entertaining lol. I think it worked.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I ran an Exodia FTK deck IRL and it pissed my friend off a lot. Of course, I'd only pull it off about half the time at best, but when I did he was steaming.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Here's the thing about DN. I feel bad about running certain decks even if they're fun to use so I end up not using a lot of decks. I haven't played my Exodia deck in ages and I only used my Convulsion of Nature deck like five times. Even my Inzektor deck gets little play. I usually run my standard Evol deck.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I didn't mean for that to be a serious comment >_>. Inzektors really aren't horrible to deal with. That or just playing them 2-3 times a week makes me used to them. I haven't lost a set to inzektors since early march though, and that was because I didn't really know what the hell they were doing.

Top Bottom