• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
What the hell does sack mean? I hear it used a lot, but I don't know what it means. I'm guessing it's short for sacrifice?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I sometimes love it when Dragons can't get rid easily of certain stall cards like Level Limit or Gravity Bind.
They are useless now with xyz's everywhere, but meh, it's still fun.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I sometimes love it when Dragons can't get rid easily of certain stall cards like Level Limit or Gravity Bind.
They are useless now with xyz's everywhere, but meh, it's still fun.
That's what Tiger Dragon, Heavy Storm and Black Rose are for.

Also XYZ's have a hard time dealing with Skill Drain once you have field advantage.

Vyke

Smash Champion
What the hell does sack mean? I hear it used a lot, but I don't know what it means. I'm guessing it's short for sacrifice?
It usually refers to you lucking out to a top deck or getting a lucky draw and just dropping it immediately.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's what Tiger Dragon, Heavy Storm and Black Rose are for.

Also XYZ's have a hard time dealing with Skill Drain once you have field advantage.
A lot of people don't use Tiger or Black Rose, that's why it's funneh.
Yo, fun fact, 99% of dragon decks cant get over Marshmallon. People run like, the worst dragon decks but people just think that getting out huge beaters somehow equates to being really good at the game lol.
Also, more people needs to use Red Archifiend Dragon.

I remember when I used to run a stalling damage deck, it clutched dragons nicely, but whenever I allowed Red Archifiend to destroy a monster, it hurted a LOT (my Momongaaaas ;A; ).

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
most dragon decks cant even make it now. They rarely run tuners so they cant really go for archfiend.

I was running Chaos Dragunity Dragons literally just because I wanted an answer to things dragons cant normally answer. A deck that lets you go instantly into a lvl 8 synchro with just one card in hand whilst also having the full REDMD engine is stupid. Dat Scrap Dragon.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Sorry, all of the new dragon support would cream battle invincible monsters. Dragons are notorious for being like... the most attractive deck for people that just want big beaters to build. I mean, they're dragons... can't really blame them.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon is a very versatile card that I think is worth putting in Hopeless decks (especially chaos varients). He doesn't permanently remove the situation, but he can get around a lot of trouble monsters, reset a lot of monsters (ie, they got an atk boost some how) and his effect allows him to escape peril during battle phase.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Most decks around are tier 2 so top of tier 2 would make it a good deck. Unless you think only wind-up, dino-rabbit, and inzector are the only decks allowed to be called good.

I really think wind-up , dino rabbit , inzectors should be tier 0 while sams, darkworld, chaos, and lightsworn, and others should be tier 1 . monarchs, anti meta, gb, being tier 2.

The top 3 decks definately need to have their own tier like :metaknight:

:phone:

Vyke

Smash Champion
It wouldn't matter so much when the top 3 decks such grossly outweigh most of the other decks. At least Inzektors have Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror to worry about, though.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I made a new deck to play with against my friend from work. It's s a Chaos Lightsworn deck. Any of those used competitively?

Actually, it's just Lightsworn. I forgot my Chaos variant deck was my Agent deck.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm looking to buy a booster box for some new cards. I've already gotten Photon Shockwave boxes and a Ra Yellow box. Some cards I could be looking for are E-Heroes, Inzektors, Gladiator Beasts, etc...

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So, I'm building an Evol deck. I bought a Photon Shockwave and Order of Chaos Box (2 of each actually over a few months) so I have just about all the evols I needed to make a good deck. I have 3 Laggia in my extra currently. I HAD 1 Dolkka, but I just sold it for $70 since they peaked for YCS. I'll buy another if it drops to <$30 again. I bought triple Solda at ~$3 each, 1 Westlo, and 3 Cerato. But basically, here's how it'll work (in case someone DOENS'T know how an evol deck works)

Set Westlo, Pleuro, or Summon Odonto to get out either Cerato or Elias.

If I summon Cerato, sit on that until I get another evolsaur on the field and use his effect while I can until I can summon Laggia.

I don't go for Elias until I have another Elias or, preferably, Terias in my hand so I can special summon that after I summon Elias and go for a quick Solda. Sit on those and negate anything too nasty and hope for the best.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Hieratic Dragons may just be dumb enough to make me quit again. And then the TCG exclusives for them? And then what's even worse is that there's this horrendously scary variant of Gishkis, one of my favorite decks, with Hieratics teched in it that ruin your hand harder than wind-ups and leave the field with huge freaking monsters.

I don't know how I feel about this game anymore.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'd go if I had any other experience ever playing other than with local friends and if I wasn't scared of driving to Philly alone.

Vyke

Smash Champion
You've got two hidden arsenals to wait on for Pure Gishki to get really ****ing good. Until then, next Hidden Arsenal in July has Vision Gishki and Gustkrake + what's already out for the Heiratic Dragon Gishki hybrid hand-loopin' thing.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Pure Gishki is going to be really ugly until everything comes out. Once it all does though I think Gishkis are really good and there's a lot of ways to build them. But until then (we're talking about December :c), you're just going to have to wait until July and the only thing you could maybe manage is some ridiculous stun build abusive of Gustkrake.

Hieratic Gishki's hand loop is weird. It uses the gishki ritual spell to tribute the level 6 hieratics, which activates the hieratic's effect to special a wattdragon or something. The lvl 6 ritual(gustkrake in this case) comes out, and Gustkrake lets you look at 2 cards in their hand and shuffle 1 back in the deck. So it does that and then it overlays, generally for Sacred Ptolemy who can then detatch the ritual monster, get a card from your grave back to your hand, and then Aquamirror can shuffle itself back into the deck and add the ritual monster to your hand. There's a lot of things you can do with it. It's a really powerful strategy.

Top Bottom