• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's... a good thing?
We'll need to see how metagame evoulves with that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Wait. So now I can drop Solemn Warning for Bottomless and save myself from paying 2000 LP now that you can't call prio?

@Reaper - You should make a video explaining the implications for this on your channel.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
This is extremely good I feel. Inzektors are broken now. Expect to see a rise in Chain Disappearance, Bottomless, Compulse, Torrential, Phoenix Wing, Trap Hole, Veiler, and Fiendish Chain.
Expect to see a huge drop in ignition effects and Solemn Warning.

And Book of Moon is a card again.

Despite the fact that Black Luster Soldier loses priority on effect, I still expect to see it more now. Veiler is now far and away the best hand trap, and more lights going into all these decks means more BLS.

I'd also expect to see Trap Stun and Decree make a huge comeback.

Vyke

Smash Champion
This is extremely good I feel. Inzektors are broken now. Expect to see a rise in Chain Disappearance, Bottomless, Compulse, Torrential, Phoenix Wing, Trap Hole, Veiler, and Fiendish Chain.

Despite the fact that Black Luster Soldier loses priority on effect, I still expect to see it more now. Veiler is now far and away the best hand trap, and more lights going into all these decks means more BLS.

Can you explain to me how this breaks Inzektors? I don't play the deck enough to know how this shoots them forward besides that other decks are getting worse.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Well, I guess if you were to bottomless a Dragonfly, he could prio into Hornet. But wouldn't bottomless then hit Dragonfly and then sent Hornet to the graveyard? So if that's true, I don't see how this hits Inzektors.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Looking past that Dragonfly is 1000 attack... That's mainly what I thought. Replace it with Trap Hole!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Wait. So now I can drop Solemn Warning for Bottomless and save myself from paying 2000 LP now that you can't call prio?

@Reaper - You should make a video explaining the implications for this on your channel.
Eh, Azneyes already did it, im lazy

You'll see a rise in Raigeki Break before you'll see a rise in trap hole lol. And most people who were running traps were already running 2 torrential but Im sure more decks will start to run it. Every deck will now be running 2 Bottomless though honestly most decks already were because bunny is stupid.

Also BLS not being broken was a joke lol. Prio never broke BLS, being a huge 3000 beater that can attack twice makes BLS broken.

And I get this feeling that Dark Worlds are super happy now. They finally have a reason to be running Dark World Lightning since everyone and their dog will be running extra traps that cant chain to it and loss of prio doesnt effect them in the slightest.

Vyke

Smash Champion
BLS being a huge 3000 double attack /w Chaos Sorc effect on facedowns is only half the reason. The MAIN reason is that he's absurdly easy to get out and in almost any deck worth it's salt. If BLS required something less dumb as a requirement to get out, he'd be less complained about.

Trap Hole is a good card in certain lists. I'd run it over Raigeki Break unless it was a specific deck that has flexible targets to pitch to grave.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Eh, Azneyes already did it, im lazy

You'll see a rise in Raigeki Break before you'll see a rise in trap hole lol. And most people who were running traps were already running 2 torrential but Im sure more decks will start to run it. Every deck will now be running 2 Bottomless though honestly most decks already were because bunny is stupid.

Also BLS not being broken was a joke lol. Prio never broke BLS, being a huge 3000 beater that can attack twice makes BLS broken.

And I get this feeling that Dark Worlds are super happy now. They finally have a reason to be running Dark World Lightning since everyone and their dog will be running extra traps that cant chain to it and loss of prio doesnt effect them in the slightest.
I thought I put Raigeki Break in that list next to PWWB

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
This and what's being said about Inzektors. I know a lot of Dino Rabbit players and to a lesser extent Wind-up players are quitting those decks and trying to sell them ASAP lmao.

Not sure if with this change I want to move my deck more towards turbo or stun...

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Hey, what do you guys use to play online? YVD?

Also, has that Black Luster Soldier Envoy something something been reprinted? I remember buying packs like crazy to get it; BLS was so cool, but being a ritual monster sucked. :(

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Dueling Network.
And we use Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the Beginning, the Effect Monster card, not the Ritual one.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Dueling Network.
And we use Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the Beginning, the Effect Monster card, not the Ritual one.
Ok, cool. I just found it, actually, and it seems nice. Nicer than YVD, too.

Haha, yeah, I meant that one, but my wording was bad. Has it been reprinted? I used to think that card was so cool, even though it was banned.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Thanks. I'm not planning on buying many physical cards, but I think I'll start playing a bit again. I'm still too much of an MTG fan, haha.

And BLS hasn't been reprinted outside of Gold? That stinks. :(

... Has it really been 7 years since Invasion of Chaos... ?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I wish I had more than one BLS. It's so good in any deck that has at least 1 Light and Dark monster in it essentially, which is most decks. So I end up substituting it out every time I make a new deck. :(

I just made a ghetto Ninja deck for tonight. My friend called me and told me there was a staff show of 5-Year Engagement (I work at a theatre) and that's when I get to duel my friend. Problem was I didn't get my Dragons Collide decks in yet, so my Dragon deck isn't ready. Turns out I pulled 3 Hanzos in my Photon Shockwave boxes as well as a White Dragon Ninja from my Order of Chaos box with Super Transformation, Rust Mist, and Duplication. I put some stuff together and it's gonna be a Ninja vs. Samurai duel tonight.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I find it hilarious that Samurai can make use of the Rank 4 Ninja Xyz just as well as Ninja can, haha.

Konami is actively trying to solve the obscure ruling dilemma. Problem Solving Card Text and a few more stuff down the pipe-line are all working towards that. Priority being gone is also part of that effort.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Ok, so here's my current Dragon build. You'll notice it's similar to Alex Reed's dragon deck, but I took out the Lightsworns and made it more vanilla.

Monsters x30
Lightpulsar Dragon x3
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon x2
Dark Armed Dragon x1
Darkflare Dragon x1
Prime Material Dragon x2
Blue-Eyes White Dragon x3
White Stone of Legend x3
Eclipse Wyvern x2
Honest x1
Effect Veiler x2
Divine Dragon Apocralyph x2
Black Lust Soldier - Enjoy of the Beginning x1
Chaos Sorcerer x1
Tragoedia x1
Gorz x1
Mystic Tomato x2
Sangan x1
Phantom of Chaos x1

Spells x9
Future Fusion x1
Gold Sarcophagus x2
Monster Reborn x1
Heavy Storm x1
Dark Hole x1
Allure of Darkness x1
Trade-In x2

Traps x1
Treacherous Trap Hole x1

Notes:
I'm considering taking out Allure for something else. I don't see much use as I really need the Darks in the grave for Chaos/BLS and Lightpulsars. I'm also a little iffy on the Divine Dragons, but I put them in because their effect isn't too bad if I happen to lose Red-Eyes and I need more Darks anyway.

Also, I don't really have a side-deck. I don't have any of the staples like Catastor, Brionac, Black Rose, none of it. If I could get some recommendations, what are the must-haves for this? Also, I'm gonna try and snag some of those cannon-looking XYZ monsters to overlay REDMD with.

Thoughts?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Sorry I don't even like looking at dragon decks :c. Also if you're looking to take that ninja deck seriously you might wanna consider a HERO Ninja variant, pure ninjas kinda suck.

Is anybody else excited for the Sea Serpent structure deck? It looks like it's gonna be a fun deck at the very least, and it definitely has the potential to be good. Can't wait to see what else comes out.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
My brother-in-law once made a Ninja-Mistvalley deck, with Dark Simorgh.
It may not be top tier, but it was amazing.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I swapped out one of my 2 Trade-In's for a third REDMD since it seemed more important to draw REDMD as soon as possible.

Smash Master
hexery.com

It's a new online tcg with, IMO, good mechanics and it runs at a decently fast pace. Multimode is about to be released. The community is kinda small right now, so it's easy to acquire new cards. Check it out if ur bored.

Brookman

Smash Hero
can you guys . . . .post generic deck lists for this formats tier decks??

and/or whatever you're playing

Vyke

Smash Champion
You could probs just build the Dragon deck centered around him. If you use him, you might as well just slap a Gaia Dragon in your deck if you manage to get one.

I'd probably just sell him if you aren't going to build Heiratics, though. More money for things you actually want whilst Heiratics are hyped.

Life

Smash Hero
COTLB and then Recharge, you're basically guaranteed to get a monster out of the deal, do the other Recharge if you feel like it, shouldn't be too hard to get that JD out from there and then you're golden.

Although the statistical probability of that happening still makes it funny. Shuffle harder?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
What's funny is I shuffle my deck constantly while watching videos on YouTube. I shuffle for like five minutes, draw 6 cards. Reshuffle and redraw over and over recursively. Although it seems that I always either draw like half my spells/traps or none of them in the first hand.

Top Bottom