• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

Vyke

Smash Champion
If you aren't having fun while you play the game, then why play at all? No need to drag others people fun down with it, ain't what the thread is for.

I've only had minor problems with BLS so far, but nothing not on par with Judgment Dragon and the other boss monsters.

Shök

Smash Champion
I haven't seen anyone play BLS yet. xD

I'm just running Frog-Narchs, at the moment.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
On DN, I'm running a Curran/Pikeru and a Morphtronic decks that somehow works lol

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I using a La Jinn Xyz/Synchro build on DN right now. It wins about 50% of the time when I play smart with it but it still in it's testing phase otherwise in real life I'm using Junk Doppel and it works from time to time and I mainly lose to Angents and twilight builds at the moment.

Edit: This thread got a little active again?

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Sorry then guys. Yu-Gi-Oh! to me is more business then a game I play for fun. I just play because I know I'm good at it, so why not use that talent.

Vyke

Smash Champion
You can turn the game into money if you want. I'm just saying if you're not, it's not worth the headache dealing with people who tell you how to play the game.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Why? They're incredibly boring trap-oriented control.

With a bull**** lucksack card called Royal Tribute.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Have anyone ever considering side decking end of Anubis for next month against Dark World just curious?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Yes, I have actually. It's a pretty decent card, though hard to fit in some decks that aren't really based around tribute summoning.

Dark World sides will probably be Gravekeeper Watcher, Debunk, Shadow-Imprisoning (If you can use it), etc.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Don't forget D-Fissure and Macro as well. But for the meantime I am trying out Chaos Rabbit and it's winning 50-50 of it's matches.

Oracle

Smash Master
This format is so horrible :( heavy storm should never be legal, nor should bls or reborn. Oh well back to melee lol

Dimensional rabbit is so good. Starlight road is a great card also and should probably be run in all decks with more than 4~backrow

Frog Monarchs will always be good, but im playing the deck of the future: Frog Heroes
Decklist? :D

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
This format is so horrible :( heavy storm should never be legal, nor should bls or reborn. Oh well back to melee lol

Dimensional rabbit is so good. Starlight road is a great card also and should probably be run in all decks with more than 4~backrow

Decklist? :D
You're joking right? Bringing Heavy Storm was the best thing they did. I guess you probably won die rolls a lot last format for you to be saying that. I like going first by summoning a monster then set 4 backrow last format. *Dumb* *No Skill*

Oracle

Smash Master
>implying it takes skill to heavy and play without thinking
>implying it takes skill to play without thinking because there are no traps
last format you actually had to think to play around backrows, whereas now you can just slowplay and wait for heavy (or just mst their lone backrow) and go off.

Besides there is no real reason to even allow a card at 1. Then it makes the deck luck based, which it is right now

Vyke

Smash Champion
I'm not really having any problems with heavy more than I had with trunade. What you described was pretty much last format.

You either baited out stuff before you got trunade, or held onto your trunade until you had game. Just play more traps if you're so worried, make them all chainable.

Threatening Roar is oh so good this format.

Edit: And yeah, Exceeds are out. Their official name is Xyz, though they are still pronounced the same way.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Traps are bad main decked this format. If you do decide to main deck a trap, its only Trap Dustshoot.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Most people would tell you no because of Heavy and 3 MST. If you DO decide to run a trap heavy deck for whatever reason, you want them to be chainable to Heavy Storm or those MST.

That said, most people still aren't maining more than 2 MST and you can bet the chances of seeing any Trap Stun or Royal Decree in Side Decks is very little. Some people just bandwagon and don't like to think for themselves, so experiment.

Two Malefic decks topped World Qualifiers before this banlist. Anything can happen. :p

Oracle

Smash Master
chainable traps are no good. Smart players with still end phase mst you. Besides early game blind mst is dangerous becuase of dustshoot being everywhere. Chainable traps =/=real defense.

The real way to run trap heavy decks is with starlight road.

@vyke last format you could set reasonable amounts of backrow without fear of getting heavied, so you had to play around them. Now you can just use one of your four backrow hate cards and go off. Also YCS indy was not a world championship qualifier.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Why don't you actually go read the World Qualifier top decks? I'm not an idiot. Malefics also topped YCS Indy.

Chainable traps are fine. Your theorycrafting is all well and dandy, but please play according to what works for you as opposed to what people that actually top events are telling you to do.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Dark Hole is fone because both players can refill their fields with no problem (unless they have no cards in hand at all).
If anything, it is just a part of a finisher strategy or an ace-under-the-sleeve-that's-not-broken card (just as GT was).

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
cool thanks. i was pricing the tengus at 35 and the bulb at 35 didnt know they were that much. hopefully he takes the 100, hoping he rather lose 20$ than 100$

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I'm stumped on good side deck cards right now. Can anyone give me some examples of what is good this format? I already know: Debunk, Royal Decree, Chain Disappearance, Bottomless Trap Hole, D.D. Crow are good ones. What else?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Imperial Iron Wall, and Light/Dark Imprissoning Mirror.
Any of them dependd on your type of deck.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I thought up a great side deck idea but it only works for some thing like regionals.

I run frog monarch so game 2 everybody knows to take out mst's and heavy since frog monarch dont run back row. So I side a full 15 into macro monarch it catches ppl by suprise. I tried it at locals with pretty good results but now everyone knows what to expect. Thats why Im waiting for a regionals to try it again.

:phone:

Denzi

Smash Master
Thunder King Rai Oh, Effect Veiler, and Maxx "C" are also good sides, as are Fossil Dynas and Banisher of the Radiance.

Bulb should be around 40 and a gold Plague will run you around 10.

Top Bottom