• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Man, I haven't kept up with this game in 4 years. I started playing back in the day when there were only 2 sets. Running exodia was so much fun. Then Jinzo came out and ruined everyone's fun. I took a break and came back to it when I could play online a lot. At that time Chaos decks ran rampant, it was annoying. Last Turn wasn't banned back then, so I tore through tournaments with that sick deck (completely unfair, mind you). Stopped playing a good while before synchros were introduced.

So what's the variety like for meta game decks? I currently play magic. I like it over most card games cause of the rules and deck variety; I love making my own decks. I never really looked back into how YGO decks evolved.

Denzi

Smash Master
Tour guide anything will work well because toured guide is the most lolbroke card in the game right now. I'm looking into XYZ gravity bind. Triple rescue rabbit, triple tour guide, infinite lols.
Rabbit Ragia seems a lot more viable in my opinion. I can't wait to try out that deck, especially with Tour Guides.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Currently using Blackwings + Xyz

Shura for special summoning, Blizzard for bring back detached stuff. Pot of avarice to add back into the deck. It's been working out ok, just moving kind of slow at the moment...

Shök

Smash Champion
Using Tour Zombies with a plant mix-up. You can easily summon 3+ synchros with a decent hand or Tengu.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Ugh, this guy wasn't listening, and I'm 99% sure I was right. Xyz's are new, so I'm still unsure about a few details, but after some digging around...

Blackwing - Zephyrus the Elite:
If this card is in the Graveyard, you can return 1 face-up card you control to the hand to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and take 400 damage. Each player can only use the effect of "Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite" once per Duel.

Ruling on Xyz material:
Xyz Materials are treated as being on the field, so effects like "Sangan" and "Reborn Tengu" will activate when they are detached, and "Plaguespreader Zombie" will be banished when it is detached if it was Summoned with its own effect.

Basically the second part is someone summing up how I feel about it. Can't I activate Zephyrus' effect using one of the materials since they are face up on the field?

Vyke

Smash Champion
It's treated as on the field, but you cannot use them for any effects that target a monster on the field.

Life

Smash Hero
It doesn't specify "monster", though. It just requires a card on the field, right? Do stacked xyz materials count as "cards on the field"? I'm thinking he's right here, but then again, Konami is weird about stuff like this. ("Tokens cannot be sent to the graveyard to pay costs." "To Synchro Summon, send monsters on the field to the graveyard [snip]." "You can Synchro Summon with Tokens." Never understood how that one worked out.)

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It doesn't specify "monster", though. It just requires a card on the field, right? Do stacked xyz materials count as "cards on the field"? I'm thinking he's right here, but then again, Konami is weird about stuff like this.
Yeah, that's the thing, it doesn't specify "monster" it says "Face up card"

This is mad broken though, because I use Zeph with Bora :awesome:

IC:
I think the way it works is because you're tributing, just like you can tribute for tribute summons using tokens. EDIT: Weird, I just checked again, and you're right, it doesn't say anything about tributing, hm.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Good this is being discussed, so I can throw this random question:

Secret Barrel: "Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the total number of cards on their hand and their side of the field x200"
Does that count Xyz material as well, right? (on the TCG at least)

Life

Smash Hero
Yars: Definitely not tributing. People would have been siding Mask of Restrict if it had been tributing (although I guess maybe some people still did in case of Monarchs).

kyo: I'd assume it's the same ruling. (That doesn't help because we still haven't figured this out...)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Why on earth could the YGO staff thaught Xyz would be a good idea (Gameplay-wise)?

Life

Smash Hero
It'd work totally fine if they could just get the rulings straight. (It is a little similar to Synchro Summoning IMO, but eh, there's only so many things you can do with a couple piles of cardboard)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Here's the thing, material doesn't count as cards on the field even though they are. An xyz monster and all of its material is treated as one card. That's why if you say, activate smashing ground, it will only effect the Xyz monster and not its material.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
TCG treats them as "on the field".
OCG does not.

Still, rules are clear when they say that when the Xyz is removed from the field, every monster stacked under it is sent to the graveyard.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I can somewhat understand the ruling that material is still on the field. Consider cards like battle fader who's effect states "when this card is removed from the field, remove it from play." It would cause odd problems with xyz summoning.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
wut?
  • In the OCG, Xyz Materials are not treated as cards, and thus are not treated being cards on the field, so effects like "Sangan" do not activate, and "Plaguespreader Zombie" will be sent to the Graveyard when detached even when it was Summoned with its own effect.
  • In the TCG, Xyz Materials are treated as being on the field, so effects like "Sangan" and "Reborn Tengu" will activate when they are detached, and "Plaguespreader Zombie" will be banished when it is detached if it was Summoned with its own effect.

So, following the OCG, it can just be sent to the graveyard.
In the TCG it is banished after being removed as a Xyzmaterial.

And You do not remove any monster from the field in any moment when atacching.

Denzi

Smash Master
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT DECK TO PLAY THIS FORMAT.

Especially now with the Xyz ruling change; my Zombie idea just died.

Any suggestions (that aren't Lightsworn)?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Currently thinking of actually buying the cards to make a Blackwings deck. Testing stuff on Dueling Network, and the deck has proven to be pretty sound. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Monsters:
Blizzard the Far Northx3
Bora the Spear x3
Gale the Whirlwind
Gust the Backblastx2
Kalut the Moon Shadow
Shura the Blue Flamex3
Sirocco the Dawnx2
Vayu, the Emblem of Honorx2
Zephyrus the Elitex2
Dark Armed Dragon
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

Spells:
Allure of Darkness
Black Whirlwind
Burial From a Different Dimension
Dark Eruptionx2
Dark Hole
Heavy Storm
Mystical Space Typhoonx2
Pot of Dualityx2

Traps:
Icarus Attackx2
Mirror Force
Solemn Warningx2
Torrential Tribute
Tyrant's Temper

(Numbers and cards are mostly personal choices)
Extra Deck:
Black Rose Dragon
Silverwind the Ascendant
Armed Wingx2
Armor Masterx2
Brionac
Scrap Dragon
Trishula
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
Number 39, Utopiax2
Steelswarm Roachx2

Oh wow, I just lost to a guy using Sixsams, and he said I suck because he won, haha

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Why double Zephyros? I mean i guess it makes it easier to get him in grave if you have two but you can only ever use his eff once =\
Numbers of cards are for personal preference as well as my mass paranoia. His attack is also 4th highest in the deck, so with black whirlwind, that means Gale, Kalut, Blizzard, Gust, or Vayu

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Why even play Blackwings? Oppression is banned. Till I see this deck top another YCS in this format, I put it as a fun deck and not even competitive. Also, if I was playing it, Sirocco>2nd Zephryos.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Maybe I got off on the wrong note. I don't know if you're a competitive player or just a casual player, but that's my advice for a competitive player.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I hope you know why BLS came off the ban list. Honestly, I've been playing since the start and I know all the brokeness of cards and I know its a bad game only due to not having a unified set of rules and a very bad rating system and how they're running it.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Why it came off? No idea. I played in the beginning as well, I bought a Yugi Starter Deck the first day they came out in fact. I was there for the first ever ban list, I was a judge for a while as well. Yugioh = **** stupid lol. But it's pretty fun. Or at least it used to be. This new ruleset is an all time low.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
BLS came off because there is no Priority in Japan and our ban list are always the same as them now.

Top Bottom