• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Dark Magicians of three different kinds, Dark Magician of Chaos (the ritual one) to have in Graveyard (I think it had some Trade-In's, but can't remember), 3 Dark Magician Girls, Magical Stone...

That deck seems absolutely fun to play with.

Life

Smash Hero
So I'm looking for more fun alternative way to kill (or piss off) my opponent, right now have an exodia deck and my FC one of course, and am busy building an empty jar (win via deckout) deck. I thought about making a field denial kind of deck (think Ojama king + ST zone denial) but the setup seems to take too long to pull of, nor does it really have a way of winning the game (though once set up you could probably deck or burn them). anyone suggestions for that or other ideas?
Stardust Dragon /Assault Mode. Look it up. Soooo underrated.

Shök

Smash Champion
Maybe the point of my post flew over your head. I use Blackwings. Because I like them. I could easily pick a better deck (Dark World, Sixsam) but I like the way they look.

Phooey on actually using what you like, huh?

/overexageratedminirant
.ohok

I just took your post literally. Lol.. The same applies to me. I use Gadgets because of how the look, work, etc.

Dark Magicians of three different kinds, Dark Magician of Chaos (the ritual one) to have in Graveyard (I think it had some Trade-In's, but can't remember), 3 Dark Magician Girls, Magical Stone...

That deck seems absolutely fun to play with.
Ha ha. Sounds fun. x)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
There was an official image with a teaser of the ban list (1 or 2 cards per section).
I can't remember all of it.

Forbidden: Treeborn Frog (yes, I was surprised as well)
Limited: Hyper Librarian, Formula Synchron
Semi: Pot of Duality, Pot of Avarice
Unlimited: uhh... can't remember any...

And I really expect Monster Reborn to be Forbidden...

Vyke

Smash Champion
Blackwings are actually rocking the japanese meta. But that's just because they're obsessed with them over there.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
There was an official image with a teaser of the ban list (1 or 2 cards per section).
I can't remember all of it.

Forbidden: Treeborn Frog (yes, I was surprised as well)
Limited: Hyper Librarian, Formula Synchron
Semi: Pot of Duality, Pot of Avarice
Unlimited: uhh... can't remember any...

And I really expect Monster Reborn to be Forbidden...
I heard about this, but I also heard it was faked so idk.

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
Checked Shriek and no banlist is up.

Calling it fake as well, I haven't followed the meta for a few months but I can't imagine anything changing SO drastically since that time that Treeborn would get banned (anyone care to contradict this?). Being good at summoning Formula alone isn't enough, especially with a limit.

Shök

Smash Champion
I heard Brionac had a really good chance of getting banned.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Nah, Brionac's fine like he is.

One thing that was discussed was banning Giant Trunade, and have Mystical Space Typhoon on Unlimited (lol, that would force players to get more different cards for destroy magic/trap cards).

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I have no Idea whats gonna get axed but I have a strong feeling dandylions gone. I would hate for trunade to get banned. But 3 mst would be sex since I got 3 1st ed.

I know formula is going to 1 I dont mind even though I run formula monarch.

Shök

Smash Champion
Nah, Brionac's fine like he is.

One thing that was discussed was banning Giant Trunade, and have Mystical Space Typhoon on Unlimited (lol, that would force players to get more different cards for destroy magic/trap cards).
Well, Brionac isn't that great once the priority rule takes effect.

Denzi

Smash Master
So I'm looking for more fun alternative way to kill (or piss off) my opponent, right now have an exodia deck and my FC one of course, and am busy building an empty jar (win via deckout) deck. I thought about making a field denial kind of deck (think Ojama king + ST zone denial) but the setup seems to take too long to pull of, nor does it really have a way of winning the game (though once set up you could probably deck or burn them). anyone suggestions for that or other ideas?
Play Convulsions of Nature, solely because there's no DN support for it.
So you have to mill everything to RFG, then send it all back to shuffle and such...

Maybe the point of my post flew over your head. I use Blackwings. Because I like them. I could easily pick a better deck (Dark World, Sixsam) but I like the way they look.

Phooey on actually using what you like, huh?

/overexageratedminirant
I like plants (played them since before Quickdraw topped).

I'm calling junk synchron/debris dragon taking a hit.
Junk isn't good enough to get hit.

I have no Idea whats gonna get axed but I have a strong feeling dandylions gone. I would hate for trunade to get banned. But 3 mst would be sex since I got 3 1st ed.

I know formula is going to 1 I dont mind even though I run formula monarch.

All you can say for sure is that Librarian will probably be banned and that they'll hit plants somehow (either Lonefire or Dandy).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
IMO, neither Dandilion nor Librarian are ban-worthy.
There are a couple Sixsams/Blackwing cards that can be limited (none would be banned, tho)

And I'd love to se BLS Envoy of the Beginning again....

camerino1

Smash Lord
I have a basic warrior deck as it sits right now, but I want to get into the six samurai cards (I did before I saw you guys talking about the deck being broken :p). I'm actually very dependent on my Mystic Swordsman cards at the moment for my deck. I had an insect deck for a bit too and wanted to know how those normally do. It was based off of the Ultimate Insect cards.

Another question (I'm done after this :p). Ryu Senshi + Dark Balter the Terrible and Fiend skull Dragon decks to stop enemies effects, magics and traps. Does this set-up prove useful?

Denzi

Smash Master
I have a basic warrior deck as it sits right now, but I want to get into the six samurai cards (I did before I saw you guys talking about the deck being broken :p). I'm actually very dependent on my Mystic Swordsman cards at the moment for my deck. I had an insect deck for a bit too and wanted to know how those normally do. It was based off of the Ultimate Insect cards.

Another question (I'm done after this :p). Ryu Senshi + Dark Balter the Terrible and Fiend skull Dragon decks to stop enemies effects, magics and traps. Does this set-up prove useful?
As far as insect decks, I would recommend instead using things like Doom Dozer and Aztekipede the Worm Warrior, and then maintaining advantage with Verdant sanctuary.

It's a good setup, but practically impossible :(

@Thread: SSUnited/Shi En are list potential.

D

Deleted member

Play Convulsions of Nature, solely because there's no DN support for it.
So you have to mill everything to RFG, then send it all back to shuffle and such...
ROFL, this card is SO in.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I don't know what to do with my deck, it's not very clear on what it wants to do.

Blast Magician
Chthonian Soldier
Command Knight
Disciple of the Forbidden Spell x2
Exiled Force
Freed the Matchless General
Gearfried the Iron Knight
Marauding Captain x2
Mystic Swordsman LV2, LV4, LV6 x 2
Mataza the Zapper
Obnoxious Celtic Guard
Silent Swordsman LV5, LV7
The Creator
The Creator Incarnate
Ante
Dark Core
Big Bang Shot
Level Modulation
Level Up!
Lightning Blade x2
Lightning Vortex
Magical Mallet
Monster Reincarnation
Mystical Space Typhoon
Pot of Avarice
Pot of Greed
Reinforcement of the Army
Riryoku
Sogen x2
Swords of Revealing Light
Sword of Deep-Seated x2
The A. Forces
Tribute to the Doomed
The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension
The Warrior Returning Alive x2
Wicked Breaking Flamberge - Baou
Dimension Wall
Judgement of Anubis
Magic Jammer
Negate Attack
Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
Sakuretsu Armor x3
Shadow Spell
Trap Hole

That's my deck, it's a little out-dated and lacking order...

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
@camerino1: It seems like you're trying to do too much in the deck. I'd try to focus on 1-2 things at most, such as maybe putting more focus on Silent Swordsman/Mystic Swordsman (more focus on the LV monsters) as well as just getting rid of useless cards in general that don't help out (i.e. Blast Magician, Cthonian Soldier, Disciple of Forbidden Spell, etc.)

camerino1

Smash Lord
I thought Pot of Greed was limited right now... oh well.

Command Knight
Exiled Force
Freed the Matchless General
Gearfried the Iron Knight
Marauding Captain x2
Mystic Swordsman LV2, LV4, LV6 x 2
Mataza the Zapper
Obnoxious Celtic Guard
Silent Swordsman LV5, LV7
The Creator
The Creator Incarnate
Dark Core
Level Modulation
Level Up!
Lightning Blade
Lightning Vortex
Magical Mallet
Mystical Space Typhoon
Reinforcement of the Army
Sogen
Swords of Revealing Light
Sword of Deep-Seated
The A. Forces
Tribute to the Doomed
The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension
The Warrior Returning Alive
Dimension Wall
Judgement of Anubis
Magic Jammer
Negate Attack
Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
Sakuretsu Armor x3
Shadow Spell
Trap Hole

Is it any better?

soju

SD God
my people, i have a question, I'm building a deck right now that revolves around tyranno infinity, basically a macro dino deck, so far it's good but i sometimes don't draw the cards i need, im thinking of adding a miracle jurassic egg but i use macro cosmos so the effect is useless when macro is on the field. What shall i do? D:

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
I don't even dare to post my deck up lol.

I haven't played competitive Yugioh in a long time and have been getting back into it recently...probably won't last. Went to one tournament and just made adjustments to my deck so I didn't have any illegal cards. Still did relatively well even though all of my cards are old.

Miss the days when I was active in the tournament scene here and always placing in the top 5.

camerino1

Smash Lord
@Kuhn: I will try and help you out as much as possible. I see you're Canadian as well, we should stick together :).

But anyway, you should post it so you can get some help. It can't hurt.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
@soju:
I like play against decks with Calculator, Montage Dragon, Infinity Tyrano, or any card that gains absurd amounts of attack, because I always have some Magical Cylinders on my Side Deck. It hurts a lot.
I can imagine that deck working marvels already:
Gilasaurus making a havoc when SS itself while your opponent can't SS from graveyard at all (hell yeah, free Xyz!!).
Trade-in to discard Super Conductor or Ultimate Tyranno, and SS them with Burial from D.D.

I can see Miracle Egg working at random times, stopping some attacks use it as emergency tribute, and Summoning monsters when Macro Cosmos is not on the field yet. It may come in handy....
If everything else fails, use Creature Swap :awesomeface:

soju

SD God
haha well super atk isn't as amazing as it use to be but i felt like making a deck based on one, and Magical Cylinder is godlike even when used against me, last time i lost was because of it when i got my Tyranno infinity to 12000 atk. And i think you mean return from the different dimension, which is still amazing, filling up a field with 2500+ attackers in one turn, only to get mirror forced ;D haha

Well i want it to be more fluid, I tried it once and the only thing it worked as was tribute fodder, whereis i can replace it with something better, maybe another hyper hammerhead. hmmm

Maybe i could add gold sarcoph and necroface to screw up opponent, maybe add a gravekeeper's servant for that nifty lockdown with macro cosmos and/or dimensional fissure

Vyke

Smash Champion
Dark Worlds have a lot of sides that might **** with them. Sams did as well, but Sams sack the **** out of everything first turn so it didn't matter.

Gravekeeper's Watcher, Debunk, Gemini Imps, D-Fissure, Thunder King Rai-Oh, the list goes on.

They'll be good, don't get me wrong. But only in TCG because of Tour Guide. You don't see them top in Japan for a reason.

Denzi

Smash Master
Man dark world decks are broke as **** lol. Like, if there's an archtype that needs to get hit with a banhammer it's the Dark Worlds lol
They are pretty stupid, especially the ones that mainboard Skill Drain. Easy side deckings though.

Dark Worlds have a lot of sides that might **** with them. Sams did as well, but Sams sack the **** out of everything first turn so it didn't matter.

Gravekeeper's Watcher, Debunk, Gemini Imps, D-Fissure, Thunder King Rai-Oh, the list goes on.

They'll be good, don't get me wrong. But only in TCG because of Tour Guide. You don't see them top in Japan for a reason.
I thought they did top in Japan? Also Shadow Imprisoning Mirror. Which also works vs GKs.

Bro, celri is just too good. First turn Celri->Silva, you have a 2300 beater on your field and your opponent sends 2 back to the deck. Like that shouldnt even be legal.
They don't even use Celri. You just got sacked.
Yeah, no one really uses Cleri. Tour Guide is the next hotness card though, because it makes so many decks good. Plants of course, and it brings a Mirage re-summon to Infernity players. In Worlds it gets Broww and either bounces it for Grapha or goes into Leviair and brings back anything removed with Gate (like Snow) which can THEN be boounced for Grapha (and search another Grapha). The deck is stupid, but imo it'll just end up like Agent Fairies did.

Vyke

Smash Champion
None of the recent lists in the past months have had consistent Dark Worlds top. The tops are Junk/Debris, Agents, Six Sam, and Blackwings. Rabbit Ragia is making a big splash, and I'm not too surprised.

Over there they don't have access to Tour Guide to make the deck less unstable (as Dark Worlds always have been.) A guaranteed first turn Sangan search for any deck is ridiculous, especially in Dark Worlds when you don't open up Snow or the piece you need.

Shadow Imprisoning is a great idea, considering Dark World Lightning can't hit it. Though it depends on this next banlist.

Dark World will be good over here. It will most likely top big events. But it is by no means 3 Gateway Sams, lol.

Edit: New Banlist out, MST to 3 and Heavy is back. No Shadow Imprisoning for you!

Top Bottom