• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I horribly beat someone in a ranked match and they lowered my reputation. :c Not that it matters, haha.

Anyway, current BW deck, I would love some suggestions/ideas for spells/traps and what should be removed, added, etc etc especially considering I have more spells/traps than I do monsters :urg:. Suggestions for monsters is welcome, though I really like the current ones...Synchros are also welcome

Monsters(19):
Armageddon Knightx2
Blizzard the Far Northx3
Bora the Spearx3
Gale the Whirlwind
Kalut the Moonshadow
Shura the Blue Flamex3
Sirocco the Dawn
Vayu the Emblem of Honorx3
Dark Armed Dragon
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

Extra(10):
Silverwind the Ascendantx3 (So cool...Though he's hard to actually SYNCRHO despite how gay I am for his effect)
Armed Wingx3
Armor Masterx3
Brionac

Spells(6):
Black Whirlwind
Burial from Another Dimension
Dark Eruptionx2
Mystical Space Typhoonx2

Traps(15):
Delta Crow - Anti Reversex2 (This name is really cool for whatever reason even though it makes no sense)
Dimensional Prisonx2
Fiendish Chainx2
Icarus Attackx2
Magic Jammerx2
Mirror Force
Royal Oppression
Seven Tools of the Banditx3

Denzi

Smash Master
Hi guys!

I'm Denzi on DN. I'm wayyy better at YGO than I am at Smash (DN rating is ~1300 and climbing), and I play Tour Guide plants (both online and irl). I have a few other decks on Duelingnetwork as well.

I horribly beat someone in a ranked match and they lowered my reputation. :c Not that it matters, haha.

Anyway, current BW deck, I would love some suggestions/ideas for spells/traps and what should be removed, added, etc etc especially considering I have more spells/traps than I do monsters :urg:. Suggestions for monsters is welcome, though I really like the current ones...Synchros are also welcome
Well you're running what looks like a cross between straight Blackwings and Vayu Turbo. They don't exactly synergize too poorly, but you'll get the most out of going in one direction or the other.

Straight blackwings is a more control oriented style that focuses on shutting down your opponent's plays with things like Icarus and then making pushes with Sirroco and Synchs. It plays at must 2 Vayu.

Vayu Turbo runs Dark Grepher(s), Armageddon Knights, grave effects like Zephyros the Elite and (of course Vayu), and then cards like Card Trooper to get things in the grave fast. It plays 3 Vayu 3 Sirocco (only decked Vayu target) and then 3 Armed wing, 2 Armor Master, and one Silverwind.

Either way your extra deck should include:
Trishula
Stardust
Thought Ruler/Colossal Fighter
Scrap Dragon
Black Rose Dragon
Armor Master(s)
Armed Wing(s)
Brionac
Catastor
Magical Android/Hyper Librarian

Once you pick a direction to go in I'd be able to be more specific on spells/traps/monsters. I would at least recommend Allure of Darkness, and maybe Cards for Blackfeathers (for when you dead-draw Vayu).

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Yeah I know...I couldn't pick one or the other mostly because there are a lot of Blackwings I like!

I'll probably go with Vayu turbo, because Vayu's one of my favorites, plus who doesn't like Snychro?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Switched to Vayu Turbo, it's lots of fun!

Current Deck:

Monsters:
Armageddon Knightx3
Elphin the Ravenx3
Gale the Whirlwind
Kalut the Moonshadow
Sirocco the Dawnx3
Vayu the Emblem of Honorx3
Zephryus the Elitex3
Card Trooperx2
Dark Armed Dragon
Dark Grepherx3
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Plaguespreader Zombie

Extra:
Catastorx2
Black Rose Dragon
Armed Wingx3
Armor Masterx3
Brionac
Scrap Dragonx2
Stardust Dragon
Hyper Librarian
Trishula

Spells:
Allure of Deckness
Burial From a Different Dimension
Cards for Black Feathersx3
Foolish Burial
Mystical Space Typhoonx2
Fiendish Chain
Icarus Attackx2
Mirror Force
Return From the Different Dimension
Royal Oppression
Seven Tools of the Bandit

Suggestions on spells/traps and how much of who in extras would be great! Thanks for the pointers Denzi

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Too many top-tier decks that is almost boring....
I mean, is someone else running several decks built just for fun?

finalark

SNORLAX
So, I heard about this thing called the Duel Network. And it looks like a lot of people use it here. I just started using it, according to a friend of mine its better than YGO online.

D

Deleted member

and you shouldn't :p

current build

Monsters [11]
[3] Battle Fader
[3] Swift Scarecrow
[3] Zerp Gardna
[1] Marshmallon
[1] spirit reaper

Spells [17]
[3] Final Countdown
[3] Momentary Truce
[3] Upstart Goblin
[3] Pot of Duality {yes this build is DN only}
[2] Gold sarcophagus
[1] Dark Hole
[1] Level Limit Area-B
[1] Swords of revealing light

Traps [12]
[3] Threatening Roar
[3] Frozen soul
[3] Waboku
[1] Solemn Judgement
[1] Mirror Force
[1] Torrential Tribute

Side [15 obv]
[3] Lava Golem
[3] Prohibition
[3] Tuner's Scheme
[2] Skill Drain
[1] Morphing Jar
[1] Gold sarcophagus
[1] Dimensional Prison
[1] Gravity Bind

Denzi

Smash Master
Lol denzi, you have a better win/loss ratio than i do, but i have a higher rank ;)

Edit:

people constantly ask what deck Im running. I say shooting quasar dragon lol.
I play a lot of silly decks though.

Too many top-tier decks that is almost boring....
I mean, is someone else running several decks built just for fun?
I have Normal Monster Beatdown, Penguin Quasar OTK, Karakuri+Chimeratech, and Scrap Turbo. None of those are meta.

and you shouldn't :p

current build

Monsters [11]
[3] Battle Fader
[3] Swift Scarecrow
[3] Zerp Gardna
[1] Marshmallon
[1] spirit reaper

Spells [17]
[3] Final Countdown
[3] Momentary Truce
[3] Upstart Goblin
[3] Pot of Duality {yes this build is DN only}
[2] Gold sarcophagus
[1] Dark Hole
[1] Level Limit Area-B
[1] Swords of revealing light

Traps [12]
[3] Threatening Roar
[3] Frozen soul
[3] Waboku
[1] Solemn Judgement
[1] Mirror Force
[1] Torrential Tribute

Side [15 obv]
[3] Lava Golem
[3] Prohibition
[3] Tuner's Scheme
[2] Skill Drain
[1] Morphing Jar
[1] Gold sarcophagus
[1] Dimensional Prison
[1] Gravity Bind
You are a terrible, soulless person.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It's cool, i dropped over a hundred points from 132x to like, 1193(then back up to 12xx) because apparently im not as pro as the people who draw into triple solem(double warning+judgement)

Eventually I'll be that good at the game, but until then, imma be salty.

Denzi

Smash Master
It's cool, i dropped over a hundred points from 132x to like, 1193(then back up to 12xx) because apparently im not as pro as the people who draw into triple solem(double warning+judgement)

Eventually I'll be that good at the game, but until then, imma be salty.
Lol I hate getting sacked like that. I had a guy open Nat Beast and Oppression on me. Then again, I just 3x Solemn'd someone today (dug for it with Librarian plays). Plants are disgustingly good.

On a mostly unrelated note, I've been trying out Tour Guide Xyz Zombies and they've been doing really well. Probably my deck when plants get the axe.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
yugioh is really really stupid lol. I've never felt like it was a game of skill, more like a game of "Who gets the super broken play first"

In the upper levels, 1250+ when everyone is running only the top of the top tier decks, most games last around 4-5 turns, if even that. I had someone open with Junk Syncron, 1 for 1 tuningware, machine dupe, go trish, draw 3, de-synchro, re-synchro, draw 3, de-synchro again, re-synchro again. Like, this game is just ****ing ********.

D

Deleted member

yugioh is really really stupid lol. I've never felt like it was a game of skill, more like a game of "Who gets the super broken play first"

In the upper levels, 1250+ when everyone is running only the top of the top tier decks, most games last around 4-5 turns, if even that. I had someone open with Junk Syncron, 1 for 1 tuningware, machine dupe, go trish, draw 3, de-synchro, re-synchro, draw 3, de-synchro again, re-synchro again. Like, this game is just ****ing ********.
One of the many reasons I mostly play alternative decks right here

EDIT: Does anyone know an offline card database? I've been searching but so far I only found Deck Studio but it's an outdated version and the update button crashes the thing :/

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Just got my actual deck yesterday (thanks to Denzi xD)
So pumped . w.

Also, just finished Denzi's custom painted playmat a la Tour Guide. Definitely one of my cooler looking mats.

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
Ah, memories of beating the top player in my city. I was in middle school and he was in college. I drew a crowd in the comic store with that match. I was seen as a local prodigy after I beat him. Good times.

But I stopped after middle school, not because I got tired of it, but because I went to a very strict private Christian school that said playing Yu-Gi-Oh was a sin. So me and all my friends had to stop playing it. To this day I wonder if I'd still be playing it if not for that, the world may never know lol.

One of my current friends played Yu-Gi-Oh competitively for a while last time I checked though. He might still be going actually so I know the scene is still there.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
It's cool, I'm running dark world now. Grapha + deck devi = **** plants forever.

No joke, today someone went into librarian then double formula and then mind controlled my monster, which was a tuner so he couldn't actually use it lol. My turn, drop gold, grapha and beiige with raven, sync for stardust, drop dark armed and blow into him. Set gateway and deck devi, next turn he draws and then suddenly loses the huge card advantage he had cus he lost his WHOLE hand.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Dark Worlds only gonna be any good in TCG 'cuz o' Tour Guide. They don't do anything in the OCG because of how unstable the deck is. Even then, Debunk and Gravekeeper Watcher gonna say **** yo effects diggity dawg.

I stick with my Agents and (until Tengu gets neutered) Fableds.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I quit after i beat a lightsworn deck that got royal and 2 jds out early match with my gladiator beast deck that didn't have war chariots. I became famous at my local shop cuz of that haha. Yugioh isn't about brokeness. You actually can outplay ppl with only average hands against their OP hands.

I remember i locked down a glad deck so hard that he couldn't do anything but end...it was awesome. And it was with a pseudo burn deck so i never had to attack...man i love control decks.

Now the only time i play is when a friend texts me to help him test **** online.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Lol but having a deck that counters your opponent isnt outplaying them, it's just countering them. Like, if I have nothing but cards that stop my opponent from attacking and they're playing GB, it doesnt matter how broken their hand would be, cus i counter them lol.

Edit: Oh man, Dark World decks are the dumbest thing ever. Deck Detestation Virus just wrecks so much of the current meta.

"Oh, you're playing plants? That's cool, imma just send every monster in your deck to the graveyard. Now im gonna flip Morphing Jar, draw 5 more, oh you have to reveal what you draw too. Ok Hand Destruction. What's that? Yeah, you can quit, that's cool"

D

Deleted member

So I'm looking for more fun alternative way to kill (or piss off) my opponent, right now have an exodia deck and my FC one of course, and am busy building an empty jar (win via deckout) deck. I thought about making a field denial kind of deck (think Ojama king + ST zone denial) but the setup seems to take too long to pull of, nor does it really have a way of winning the game (though once set up you could probably deck or burn them). anyone suggestions for that or other ideas?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Honestly, the current metagame of yugioh seems really broken. Me an a few friends play the old cards though (Nothing thats GX/5Ds)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A local guy plays a Dark Magician deck.
It may not win many tournaments, but it is truly awesome..... and expensive....

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Maybe the point of my post flew over your head. I use Blackwings. Because I like them. I could easily pick a better deck (Dark World, Sixsam) but I like the way they look.

Phooey on actually using what you like, huh?

/overexageratedminirant

Top Bottom