• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Judgment Dragon on unlimited upsets me....
As well as Icarus Attack...
And Summoner Monk (I thought it would be forbidden).

Call of the Haunted will be interesting
And Swords of Revealing Light, WTF?

Royal Oppression wasn't bad enough to deserve a ban, imo

And finally, GRAVITY BIND ON ULIMITED. AAAWWWWWW YEAH!!!!!

Vyke

Smash Champion
Xyz > Gravity Bind

Pretty much anything that went to two in S/T or Unlimited gets a big finger from Heavy/MST changes.

Summoner Monk was probably for the upcoming 3 Lvl 4 Required Xyz monsters.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Royal oppression being banned kind of upsets me, but seeing some Sixsam stuff being banned does lessen the pain (even if they're still stupid) Also, I figured Librarian and Formula were doomed anyway.

On the other hand....3 ICARUS ATTACKS, **** YEEEEEEEEEAH

Life

Smash Hero
Nobody complaining about BLS? 0_o

On the bright side, Stardust/Assault is better now and it's probably what I'll be playing if I can't find a copy of BLS. Stardust in both forms takes care of S/T removal, IIW to keep BLS off the field (or crash Stardust into it if nothing else works) and keep SD/AM on the field, throw in a few Counter Traps to hit stuff like Solemn and lighten SD/AM's load--did I mention two Summoner Monks and Tragos (need a second of the latter)? Gonna be a wild ride. If the deck's not too slow...

gotta work in Xyz too, hrm

EDIT: Urk, can't find my second Summoner Monk. That's a prob. Hm. Any thoughts on Wanghu/Burden lock? Xyz blows it to pieces in theory (they lose nothing from Burden, right?) but that's what Bottomless and company are for. Plus, your opponent's stuff should die when it hits the field, so no materials (barring big defenders and shenanigans like Starlight Road on their own Heavy Storm). The problem is drawing into your combo before you die. Any ideas?

(For those who haven't seen the deck, it's basically STUN with 3 King Tiger Wanghu and 3 Burden of the Mighty. Burden's continuous effect reducing ATK counts towards the 1400-or-less attack Wanghu needs to kill their stuff. Anything too big, like JD, or flip effects like Ryko can break the lock if you aren't protecting it, and you get walled by Spirit Reaper, but there are ways to deal with that)

Vyke

Smash Champion
You probably won't need the two Tragoedia, or even one. SD/AM sounds pretty beast with the two Summoner Monks. Starlight Road all day for easy Stardust, not sure why you didn't mention that with Heavy being back and all.

BLS isn't as broke as people make it out to be anymore. There's a ****load of more monster removal than there was back in the day. Not to mention Veiler probably going to be mained in most competitive decks now.

Life

Smash Hero
You probably won't need the two Tragoedia, or even one. SD/AM sounds pretty beast with the two Summoner Monks. Starlight Road all day for easy Stardust, not sure why you didn't mention that with Heavy being back and all.

BLS isn't as broke as people make it out to be anymore. There's a ****load of more monster removal than there was back in the day. Not to mention Veiler probably going to be mained in most competitive decks now.
Figured SLR would be obvious, haha. I'm worried about the deck being too slow, though, with my current resources, but I bet I could make it work online if I wanted to.

I guess if the priority change goes through then BLS will be fine, just Bottomless it, or Book it and Synchro something to run it over (Thought Ruler Archfiend is perfect for this). If I'm understanding it correctly, of course. Otherwise, it could get ugly. (I like how Stardust Assault puts BLS in a bind though, it either tries to RFG it and gets negated or crashes into it and DPRISON dies while you get your Stardust back)

I'm also considering Spellcasters...

Life

Smash Hero
OH CRAP that thing looks SOOOOO abusable--seriously, two 4K beaters on the field with one summon (provided you have access to a second high-level Fairy)? And all you need to do is dump ten monsters? Can you say RECRUITERS? How about that deck where you use Celestial Transformation on huge Fairy beatsticks like Goryu and IRS them? What about Future Fusion into Chimeratech (and then dump another big fairy some other way, like Trade-in)? Why not tech this into LS? Throw it in a DARK deck because of DLZ.

The possibilities are dizzying! Cards like this are the reason I don't quit this game, LOL

Denzi

Smash Master
OH CRAP that thing looks SOOOOO abusable--seriously, two 4K beaters on the field with one summon (provided you have access to a second high-level Fairy)? And all you need to do is dump ten monsters? Can you say RECRUITERS?
No. But I can say LIGHTSWORN (with 3 JD and 2 Gardna again no less). Kristya is a fairy.

soju

SD God
i looked and saw fishborg blaster. Extreme sadness. . .

So i'm going to vent out my sadness and abuse dat BLS and Heavy Storm >:o

Vyke

Smash Champion
SD/AM has potential this next format. Two Summoner Monks makes it extremely consistant if you get the spell line-up right. The only problem with SD/AM is... well... if they SOMEHOW get rid of your SD/AM... you lose! Crow, Crevice, Herald of Orange Light, Hyperion/Kristya + Gachi Gachi, uuhh...

Well, you get the idea. Just like Kristya, if you drop it early, it'll probably beast them.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Haha, apparently Assault Mode can field wipe Lightsworn by negating their end phase milling continuously since he just comes back again during end phase.

Life

Smash Hero
Haha, apparently Assault Mode can field wipe Lightsworn by negating their end phase milling continuously since he just comes back again during end phase.
I wanna see this in action, LOL

And SD/AM can pack Imperial Iron Wall. Besides the obvious anti-Crow benefit, it keeps a few things that could potentially attack SD/AM off the field, like BLS. Main or side, though, that's the question--it doesn't have a lot of utility. What might be better: some counter traps. Anything that negates monster effects can ruin your day, as can anti-Trap stuff like Decree (then again, the new list weakens Decree).

Vyke

Smash Champion
Simply not running backrow besides Assault Mode Activate and say, torrential and dustshoot would be fine. That way you don't really need to negate any MSTs they try to pull off on you with SD/AM because you aren't running backrow... your monster IS a backrow essentially. Crow would hurt the most, but I doubt people will side it with plants getting hit.

Ally of Justice Cycle Reader is what I'm siding against Chaos/Sworn. Possibly Light-Imprisoning also if I see no MSTs the first duel.

Life

Smash Hero
mmmm, I really want to say no to torrential, mainly because it's nearly useless with SD/AM on the field--at best, you set it, negate an opponent's effect next turn, and use it when SD/AM comes back at the end of the turn to get an easy 2500 with regular Stardust, which I guess isn't so bad... nvm, I'm sold now, LOL (with Starlight Road it'll be another way to get out Stardust)

So let's talk monsters for a second.
2 Monk
3 Flamvell Magician
3 Flamvell Firedog
2? other level-4 tuners
2? SD/AM
1 Sangan

Here's your basic monster lineup, right? If we throw in some more DARK tech we might be able to shoehorn in a DAD, I dunno if that's a good idea. Rai-oh's probably a good idea, being a decent Monk-able (though that's relatively unimportant) beatstick that slows the opponent down. On the other hand, if we want stuff that speeds the engine up further, what options do we have? Tomato could get Sangan/Monk but it'd leave them vulnerable and wouldn't have many other targets. Merchant would be great for getting to AMA faster but you risk dumping your SD/AM or Synchro materials. Or should we just leave the monsters as they are (light as the lineup is) and focus on spells?

Alternatively, could we look into the Tuningware/Machine Duplication engine? Or is that dead?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Or you could not get rid of your win condition and simply use torrential for when you're in a tight spot, or if they forced you to negate already only for you to torrential their field (cuz you negated dat mst lets hope thars no storm!)

There was a build a long time ago that was near guaranteed first turn SD/AM. Eccentric Boy, The Tricky, Emergency Teleport with Krebons, 2 Malicious (Not sure if D-Draw, probably not), foolish, it was nutso.

Not sure how well it'd work right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6tGJmd8fXw&list=FLswaxscHaaCpLUdLPHCZGvg&index=26 Is the deck pulling continuous test hands.

Life

Smash Hero
ofc, haha.

Anyway, dug up my old SD/AM deck from about a year ago on TCGplayer:

[collapse="SD/AM (June 2010) Self Workshopping"]19
3 Flamvell Magician
3 Flamvell Firedog
1 Summoner Monk
1 Sangan
2 Mystic Tomato
3 Assault Beast
2 Lonefire Blossom
3 Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode
1 Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness

1 Brain Control
2 Book of Moon
1 Heavy Storm
3 Magical Mallet
2 Smashing Ground
1 Giant Trunade
1 SORL
1 Scapegoat
1 Rekindling

1 Call
1 Mirror Force
3 AMA
2 Roar
2 Starlight Road

Obviously needs work. Here's what I'd start by doing, between the new list and wisdom I've gained in the past year:

-2 Lonefire Blossom
-2 Mystic Tomato
-1 SD/AM

-1 Brain Control
-3 Magical Mallet
-1 Giant Trunade
-1 SORL
-1 Scapegoat

-1 Mirror Force
-2 Roar
-1 COTH (consider readding)

Cuts at first glance.

3 Flamvell Magician
3 Flamvell Firedog
1 Summoner Monk
1 Sangan
3 Assault Beast
1 Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode
1 Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness

2 Book of Moon
1 Heavy Storm
2 Smashing Ground
1 Rekindling

3 AMA
2 Starlight Road

Hm, 16 slots open, considering cutting an AMA too. Needs a LOT more spells.

+1 Torrential Tribute
+1 Summoner Monk
Should be obvious.

+3 Rai-oh
It slows the opponent down, is Monkable, and has decent ATK. It does conflict with Sangan, but I don't see that being an issue.

11 Slots remaining, I want to make them mostly spells. MST is a good option, use it to nuke potential countertraps before they can touch your Assault stuff.
+3 MST

8 slots, and I'm out of ideas. Draw cards? ECon, because it's hilarious to use the opponent's Stardust for your own AMA? (Okay, that'll never come up, but I should point out that Stardust can negate SD/AM.)[/collapse]

More interestingly, how about SD/AM with Necrovalley? Necro keeps meddlers out of your Graveyard, spare copies can be dumped for Summoner Monk, and it gives you an excuse to use Malefics (Malefic Stardust, which does NOT play nice with SD/AM but protects Necrovalley; or Malefic Cyber End Dragon, which is massive but fragile). I doubt a fullblown GK/Assault hybrid would be well-advised (though teching Spies might become worthwhile), but I'm not familiar with the modern strategy of the archetype.

EDIT: this is post 2222 LOL

Vyke

Smash Champion
Probably just better off going pure SD/AM. I think all that really needs tweaking is the numbers of the pure build with some good tech that has good synergy as well, sort of like how Tour Guide goes well with almost any deck these days.

Life

Smash Hero
Deckbuilding is the soul of the game for me (more specifically, winning with obscure strategies) so I'd totally be the one to do Necrovalley/Assault, but meh, I'm still out of the loop...

Vyke

Smash Champion
There was a Reptilianne Venom deck that I playtested a long time back that was pretty good considering the win condition was Venommininga. It probably only got better, idk.

Life

Smash Hero
If you want obscure, why not run the Opressed People OTK?
I actually tried it on YVD for a while.

No joke, until it turned out that it got screwed over by rulings:

Somebody had the bright idea that Diamond Dude should bypass activation requirements (Ojama Delta Hurricane anyone?) but not Trap of Darkness. Then again, it apparently works that way on other cards (Flashbang + ToD skips your opponent's turn), but why not Huge Revolution? (Or has this been changed?)

FAKE EDIT: Oh, you said Oppressed People. Nvm LOL

Well, I like to see what ridiculous strategies I can make work. Keyword is work. I could run a low-level normal OTK, but it doesn't really appeal to me. Whereas something like Koa'ki Mieru Aggro, or Scrubbed Raid / Final Countdown with Immortal Bushi, various FTK combos (Dark Eradicator Warlock looks pretty tempting ATM, actually), Chaos/Frog/Monarch (which is not nearly as dumb as it sounds, trust me--this was actually my IRL deck after Substitoad got banned and I beat the local Six Samurai players with it last time I went), or, well, Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode? Much cooler.

REAL EDIT: Tried Venom Burn, too, but I couldn't get it to work.

Denzi

Smash Master
I played Plasma Control for a while. Could be viable with DDraw coming back to two. I'm also looking at Destiny Hero Zombies/Tour Guide Zombies/XyZombies and they've been working pretty well thus far.

Life

Smash Hero
Well, yeah. I'm just saying Diamond Dude and Trap of Darkness are very comparable effects and should be ruled the same if they are not already.

Top Bottom