• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Baby Mario will be announced on Friday! I'm so excited!
[/jk]

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
My god, that was.. beautiful. Awesome tribute to both Yoshi and their lost dog, Terra. BitF is honestly the best webcomic out there if you ask me. That video even had me shed a tear! Poor fella, losing a pet is never fun.

Think he'll add Yoshi to the character page now due to this? I feel like he belongs in the family, even if only for being a fellow bottomless belly for Kirby! (Still super stoked for Yoshi's Smash 4 revelation at that~)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
What if his Side special uses the same "egg armor" as the shield block. Each time it gets hit, it darkens. This way it has more armor (but at a cost, since it will effect the shield) plus Yoshi can use the side special out of shield without lag.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I still can't get over that video, BitF, why

*Sobbing*

Emotionally relevant and well-done videos aside, Can't wait for Yoshi to be revealed tomorrow, incase Sakurai feels generous.

Erh.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Don't get your hopes up.
He may or may not be revealed. Tho Sakurai would be crazy if he didn't, but it's also Sakurai so it's entirely possible.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Don't get your hopes up.
He may or may not be revealed. Tho Sakurai would be crazy if he didn't, but it's also Sakurai so it's entirely possible.
Yeah... true. He's only followed the release dates of American/European release dates once with Diddy. Zelda he waited until December before revealing after skipping the EU and US versions. So it's 1 for 1, It's really up in the air but I would like to remain hopeful, don't want to wait for the summer to have Yoshi revealed to us.

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I understand where you're coming from Slush, but Yoshi's should always be optimistic!:estatic:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Serious why do you guys still think baby mario is going to be on top of yoshi in smash 4 wasen't the year of yoshi rumor busted

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It'd say it'd be pretty underwhelming if Yoshi was to be kept out until summer times indeed. Dunno what they'd have as potential release dates for this month. Maybe we should just expect a random veteran(s) again.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I'll be at work when the update comes. Nontheless, I'll still be watching every now and then from there. I probably won't be able to do my job properly for the rest of the day once Yoshi is shown! IF he'll even be shown. C'mon Sakurai, don't disappoint us!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If Yoshi isn't revealed tomorrow, but something related to Yoshi obviously being released soon like a stage or something. I wouldn't mind. It obviously means they're still working on Yoshi and trying to think of a way to make him stronger or possibly even nerfed.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
So anyone else staying up late for the potential reveal? It's midnight for me when the pic of the day comes up and I have to wake up early tomorrow morning, but I'm considering it...

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Sakurai shows the POTD around 5:30pm where I am cuz timezones, so staying up won't exactly be a problem on my end :p (lucky as)
He's been late to update in the past couple days so I hope he doesn't follow that trend today, especially for your guys sake. So...excited...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Pic of the day usually takes awhile for me despite it coming up at like 2 or 3 AM my time. So I go on /v/ since they tend to have it up for me.

No Yoshi, ****ing Sakurai lololol.
We can all go back to our holes till summer now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
The latest picture Sakurai has ever posted as far as I know. And we get nothing.

Well, I suppose that's what I get for getting my hopes up... :c

kylexv

Smash Master
Here's something to cheer you guys up...
WARNING: DO NOT CLICK. MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD. I'm warning you.
You will be disappointed
This is your last chance. Get out.
The final boss is Giant Bowser. No, not Baby Bowser, ADULT BOWSER. EVERY TIME.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Wait wait wait let's give it a few hours for a second pic of the day he's doing 2 pics sometimes now
No he's not. Only in the comment if he needs to explain the original picture further.

Bad luck Yoshi fans! He'll be here one day, and he'll look amazing, and hopefully has been buffed!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The only hope that Yoshi would've been announced today is by Nintendo Direct. That is not happening.
It could be next week for Mario Party... but I don't think that's a big enough title to reveal a character for. If there's an awesome Mario Party stage though...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Here's something to cheer you guys up...
Cheer up?
That honestly made it worse fer me. Been looking for the final boss fight since I couldn't find it along with being too lazy since /v/ wouldn't provide it for me, but my god that is horrible.

Yoshi Story esque final boss but with Bowser Jr. instead, off putting cause that's not his character when he was first introduced in SMS and later games he didn't talk like a baby at all. and literal NSMB2 Bowser sprite ripped from that game as the final boss and I think even the same background.
Also >warping through space and time
wut

Even the final boss music is gutted. If I remember correctly there was an article where Iwata I believe said they wanted to make an even worse Yoshi game from the original. They succeeded too hard then.

Edit: so guess if you don't remember to put a collapse tag in a quote, it collapses your post as well? ****ing crashboreds lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom