• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Meta Knight

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I hate this match up because I can't be aggressive in it. ;w;

Seriously...all I do is run, throw eggs, wait for him to approach egg lay, run away throw more eggs. :V Really all you can do is wait for them to slip up, or try and out predict em by delaying smashes and what not.
I agree 35:65~!
A match up wear all you can do is camp and try and out predict is obviously a bad one. ;3;

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yeah had this same problem with a pro meta knight I played at San japan. couldn't get near "Any" MK's was mostly off/the edge of the stage egg throwing and egg lay. Got in a few U-airs which killed him and smash attacks but I still lost to Loko's and one or two others.

bigman40

Smash Master
****ing meatriders. Go post your **** in the FL thread where people care. If you don't have anything to contribute, then there's no need to post here.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Why are you so salty Bigman? FL supports each other. Don't hate because there isn't any love in your region.

Anyway concerning the matchup I feel it's somewhere between 6:4 and 55:45 MKs favor. I don't have anywhere near a thorough understanding of what to expect from yoshi from a neutral position so I was mostly guessing against the Blood God (Polt).

I went Snake games 2 and 3 to avoid the Chaingrab and guaranteed kills setups.

bigman40

Smash Master
Because you can meatride the "invisible" Poltergust in a thread that we don't care about like the YGD. I've had enough people meatride me (some still do), so I could care less. I just want help in this MU since this is the only MU I lose to unless I'm being outplayed. Plus, GA has lots of Yoshi exp cause of me, so this makes the MK/Yoshi MU seem like it's impossibly hard to win at high levels.

OverLade

Smash Hero
translation: I don't know the match-up, so I think Yoshi does really well.

/salty
60/40 isn't really well, it's just pretty legit. What is the current ratio the Yoshi boards have for the matchup? If it's worse than that I'd like to see evidence for it but I already admitted I don't know what Yoshi does from a neutral position. If I was salty I would be johning instead of Meatriding polt :laugh:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Big, who has red letters? That's right. I have red letters.

Let me do my job, please.

Polt, I recommend you teach your mob squad how to act as mature as you do; I don't need to tell you that while this doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on you, it certainly doesn't lend to the respect you carry around here.

Closing this for 48 hours. Hopefully natural selection will kick in and we can continue meaningful discussion afterwards.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Wow.

Toooooooootally forgot about this, LOL.

Uh, round two? Don't mess this one up, please. :D

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Metaknight wins... and yoshi loses... thats all you need to know

.Marik

is a social misfit
...says the one with 3,850+ posts
I can assure you that the majority of the Yoshi boards have been posting more than me as of late.

I've cut back a lot, almost Metatitan status.

It also has nothing to do with the number of posts Z'zgashi has, but the incredible lack of any information within them.

No snuzzlefins Meta Knight wins. Durr.

.Marik

is a social misfit
LOL.

Shiri is so amazing at editing out words. I hope he knows I still love him.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I was thinking just when I was editing that,

"I hope Marik knows I still love him."

<3

Back to Magne--er, Meta Knight.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If anybody has any actual information on this matchup, feel free to post.

I think as time is going on, this is getting worse and worse. The speed factor is just too blatantly disparaging. Pound for pound, the power is about even but move availability between the top is part of that ever-widening gap in this matchup.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I agree. I'm also inclined to think that we should go through each move we have and see what we can do with it (range, priority, situation, etc.) and what MK has that beats each move in each situation (which is a lot).

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I am down for looking through Yoshi's moves.

But the answer to all of them regardless of if it's the best move situationally to use or not is down tilt, so I think that part is moot.

I am down for the first idea, though.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
But the answer to all of them regardless of if it's the best move situationally to use or not is down tilt, so I think that part is moot.
ummm... you lost me at regardless... :/

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I used to use dtilt a lot, but I've stopped using it because I personally use it mainly for opponents who are approaching me, and most of the time these days I see meta knights approaching from the air. They run at you, short hop, and proceed to fair or dair. Sure, it's nice as a gtfo move, but I seem to use ftilt and jab more often in those situations.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Ya'll are too depressed. I figured that match between polt and hal would inspire more talk about the matchup.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
^ Truths
For now over Skype people are thinking of maining MK after the new Stage list and rules. I'll continue using Yoshi. If I just keep losing to MK's.. i'll train with lucario a bit.
CG Distant planet is both deadly for MK and your self if you screw up once.

Top Bottom