• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Just so yall know, I'll be attending active gamers in cali next weekend =) I might be meeting one of you
Me, stocky, and meta are all going. I get to meet 2/3 1/2+a diddy of the best yoshis on the same day O_o. /hype

@Stocky: any chance you would partner with me?

Airborne

Smash Lord
i might be going to a tournament on october 3rd in morehead, so i'll hopefully show up a lot of people since i've been improving at a pretty good rate since the last tournament i attended. (thanks meta and acey, i owe you guys a bunch!!!)
i'm also definitely attending a tournament on the 24th of october, since it's at the same university i'm attending... once again, i'll hopefully be placing high.
also, i'm now officially in charge of helping get kentucky to step it up and look better as a whole to the midwest. =D i'd greatly appreciate it if people could help me critique some peoples sometime.

bigman40

Smash Master
also, i'm now officially in charge of helping get kentucky to step it up and look better as a whole to the midwest. =D i'd greatly appreciate it if people could help me critique some peoples sometime.
Good luck. Congratz, and post vids. I'll get to them if I can get time (I should since I tend to play my time waster game in the afternoons before my work lol).

.Marik

is a social misfit
God, I need more decent Tournament placings. :(

Y'all need to chill in Toronto some time!

D

Deleted member

Hades i cant team with you im sorry, im teaming with bone.
Else me and meta would be teaming.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Here are some results that happened within a month:

Zero Ping Monthlies (@ Hollywood, FL)
9/12/09
9th out of 49
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243283

Gigabits: Back 2 School Brawl (@ Orlando, FL)
9/19/09
13th out of 49
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246371&page=49

I also got 2nd at a mini-tourney during a smashfest last Saturday, but I guess that doesn't really count since there were only 11 people and it was round-robin. =P

Anyways, basically some mediocre results, but the good thing is that I finally beat Chaz in a tourney set! :bee:

...But no one believed me. They think he forfeited to me. :(

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Here are some results that happened within a month:

Zero Ping Monthlies (@ Hollywood, FL)
9/12/09
9th out of 49
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243283

Gigabits: Back 2 School Brawl (@ Orlando, FL)
9/19/09
13th out of 49
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246371&page=49

I also got 2nd at a mini-tourney during a smashfest last Saturday, but I guess that doesn't really count since there were only 11 people and it was round-robin. =P

Anyways, basically some mediocre results, but the good thing is that I finally beat Chaz in a tourney set! :bee:

...But no one believed me. They think he forfeited to me. :(

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I needa start updating this shiz

the main reason i haven't been is because i rarely use yoshi anymore

I will still try and keep the thread up though

edit: updated what i can

added an players activity key. Which basically shows who is and who isn't active. Atm the only active players either don't main yoshi or are polt. Some players a considered active even though they haven't posted any recent results. But, polt is the only really active yoshi main (with results) atm. rofl. sorry to say

step it up guys!!!!1

edit2: basically shows no one mains or uses yoshi anymore

a dieing character good riddance

Airborne

Smash Lord
going to a tournament this saturday, one 2 weeks after, and another 3 weeks after that... it's just not active season quite yet... >____>

edit: oh, and acey just doesn't visit the boards enough to post his results... he's gotten a few nice ones in the past couple weeks.

.Marik

is a social misfit
You still haven't updated my results from the last Tournament I attended into the OP.

Team Nyla Presentz: 'Suaga Outbreak!
Burnhamthorpe Community Centre
August 22nd, 2009
7th out of 16th
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

*1: SilverDoc

*1: Toronto Joe

3: Hype

4: Cruxis

5: Fool

5: Jaske

7: Illiad

7: MarikYoshi

9: Sauc3

9: SUP3RCANS1R

9: Jamie

9: AvariceX

13: BOB SAGET!

13: Zedf

13: Ricky

13: Mz

14th-16th: Pools.

Low Tier representing. :yoshi:
Add that sh*t up, son. :yoshi:

I can't find the link anywhere, and everytime I try, I keep getting a HTTP 500 error. This should be enough information.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I know I've posted some results before... but 49th out of 108 in singles at active gamers, 9th out of 68ish(i think but don't feel like looking for it) at devestation, and I have a real tourney this weekend too....

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Just because I don't post much, doesn't mean I'm inactive. There are just no tourneys around here to go to. DX

:005:
To my knowledge is what i am judging off of

and no tourneys equals inactive lol

but I will put you as active

You didn't add me D:
I am on it right nowzzzz

You still haven't updated my results from the last Tournament I attended into the OP.

Add that sh*t up, son. :yoshi:

I can't find the link anywhere, and everytime I try, I keep getting a HTTP 500 error. This should be enough information.
lol my bad updating nowzzzz

also @ airborne: i will add acey to the list and put him as active and say something like he hasn't posted any results but is active. and airborne i think i put you as active I was just saying polt is the most active yoshi main lol

SOVAman

Smash Hero
NOW FULLY UPDATED

added acey to the ATL north list

and made firefly active :D

and updated results

will that be all?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
To my knowledge is what i am judging off of

and no tourneys equals inactive lol

but I will put you as active
Thanks. =D I just found it a little silly that I was inactive and Marik was active, even though our most recent tourneys both happened at the same time. =S

Speaking of which, my last 2 results got lost in the thread somewhere. =0

Sou Kawaii 3 (8/01/09)
Edmonton, AB
5th of 16
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243428

Sou Kawaii 4 (8/22/09)
Edmonton, AB
7th of 17
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246224

For the record, I should be attending a tourney in about a month. There was supposed to be one around here last weekend, but it got postponed. DX

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Thanks. =D I just found it a little silly that I was inactive and Marik was active, even though our most recent tourneys both happened at the same time. =S

Speaking of which, my last 2 results got lost in the thread somewhere. =0

Sou Kawaii 3 (8/01/09)
Edmonton, AB
5th of 16
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243428

Sou Kawaii 4 (8/22/09)
Edmonton, AB
7th of 17
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246224

For the record, I should be attending a tourney in about a month. There was supposed to be one around here last weekend, but it got postponed. DX

I will update those

the only reason i left marik active is cuz he posted a little bit ago he failed at a tourney or something lol.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
added an players activity key. Which basically shows who is and who isn't active. Atm the only active players either don't main yoshi or are polt. Some players a considered active even though they haven't posted any recent results. But, polt is the only really active yoshi main (with results) atm. rofl. sorry to say
This makes me sad. Looking at the activity key, only 7 of us still have Yoshi as our main, and only 4 of us are in the US. Man, a lot has changed over the past couple of months... :(

:069:

Gindler

Smash Champion
I still main yoshi in singles so I guess that's 8, doubles he just doesn't work out well for me. Character boards are just filled with nonsense is all. It's all about the region boards.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I still main yoshi in singles so I guess that's 8, doubles he just doesn't work out well for me. Character boards are just filled with nonsense is all. It's all about the region boards.
looool I agree

char boards are just an extra thing

hadesblade

Smash Lord
This makes me sad. Looking at the activity key, only 7 of us still have Yoshi as our main, and only 4 of us are in the US. Man, a lot has changed over the past couple of months... :(

:069:
I'm still not on there even though I've posted a few results... and I'm at a tourney tomorrow too... yosh was just at hobo, even though he hasn't posted results. There's more than 4 active yoshi's in the US...

.Marik

is a social misfit
YO LIL B.

I think that was sometime back in August, when I had to leave in the middle of a Pownz Tournament.

Pownz is sick, I wish they still hosted Brawl Tournaments though.

Not entirely sure if that's what you were referring to, however.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
YO LIL B.

I think that was sometime back in August, when I had to leave in the middle of a Pownz Tournament.

Pownz is sick, I wish they still hosted Brawl Tournaments though.

Not entirely sure if that's what you were referring to, however.
it maybe lol

not sure but i think so

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Sooo I got 9th at a AZ tourney, I lost to dawei (another snake that knows the yoshi matchup T_T) and IsmaR (a samus that I beat in a $5 mm right before we played our tourney match)... I got spiked way too many times johns... I'll post it "formatted" once the results thread is up.

EDIT:
"AZ Excel of Excitement" (10/12/09)
9th out of 22
Tempe, AZ
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251917

auroreon

Smash Ace
Is this thread still being updated?
If so, I am starting to play Brawl again after a 2 month break and should be attending tourneys every 2-3 weeks. I plan on taking top 5 at every tourney I attend.

Airborne

Smash Lord
using falco in tournament is currently being delayed, so i'm still going soloshi in tournies until i'm satisfied with my overall player skill and my falco is ready to kick some ***... then i'll probably dbl main.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Is this thread still being updated?
If so, I am starting to play Brawl again after a 2 month break and should be attending tourneys every 2-3 weeks. I plan on taking top 5 at every tourney I attend.
I updated it like yesterday and will again today

and hades i will add that :D

Top Bottom