• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi is broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
chaco's first "tech" was a bust.

To be honest, I'm very interested in how to get this to happen.

http://files.filefront.com/yoshidjcw.../fileinfo.html

At the very end of the video, you can see Yoshi DJCing a Uair on the platform (no, it wasn't tilting either).If anyone could figure this out, do you think there would be any applications into using the form of DJC?
It always takes me to the main page whenever I click a Filefront link.

bigman40

Smash Master
eh, idk what's going on with that.....Well, look on page 2, at the bottom of the page. Kangaroo posted it and it is working for me.

Tenki

Smash Hero
this doesn't really have to do anything, but those "This sig is 100% Meta-Free" sigs were getting annoying for a certain reason, and I fixed it.

J4pu

Smash Champion
kangaroo said:
hmm, Yone uploaded this video a while ago showing Yoshi doing a DJC on a slope. I thought it was just a rare glitch though.

DJC occurs near the end:
Is the part in question the SH Bair > Full Jump Uair > whiffed Fair?
I don't main yoshi although he is possibly my favorite lower tier to play, so I can't really see what was strange about this video. Can somebody explain to a noob please.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Double jump cancel. Essentially stopping the momentum of Yoshi's second jump with a move. In Melee, Yoshi could do this with any move; while in Brawl only B moves cancel his double-jump momentum.

Apparently, this is some sort of a double-jump "land" cancel or something. It's hard to tell, really.

bigman40

Smash Master
right after the whiffed Fair, he did a Uair, then immediately landed back on the ground. That's the part in question. I'm wondering if that is applicable at all, and if we can get that DJC going higher in the air, than how it was shown in that vid.

J4pu

Smash Champion
the last hit yoshi landed on marth was in fact a uair, not a utilt. to me, however, it looks like yoshi landed with a lag-free bair and FH'd into a uair; not a DJ. o.O
So it's possible this is like the dragonic reverse thing where using an attack (uair in this case, Nair for DR) lowers you so that you return to the ground.

Chaco

Never Logs In
chaco's first "tech" was a bust.

To be honest, I'm very interested in how to get this to happen.

At the very end of the video, you can see Yoshi DJCing a Uair on the platform (no, it wasn't tilting either).If anyone could figure this out, do you think there would be any applications into using the form of DJC?
Yeah that first one, not gonna happen. The DT, we'll go with that. Bad thing is I told Les it might work before I even tried it. :]

But I'm picking Yoshi back up this weekend, not a day sooner.

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
Yeah that first one, not gonna happen. The DT, we'll go with that. Bad thing is I told Les it might work before I even tried it. :]

But I'm picking Yoshi back up this weekend, not a day sooner.
Man.....that was a pretty long break for you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yes.

This thread was just a big hoax.
Alright, when we do get it out. I won't release it to you. So you earned yourself 0 new techs. Good day. And yes, we're working on it, god**** your impatient. So, once we figure out the controls we'll tell you. Be lucky I even alerted you of it. We could've kept it to ourselves.

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
Alright, when we do get it out. I won't release it to you. So you earned yourself 0 new techs. Good day. And yes, we're working on it, god**** your impatient. So, once we figure out the controls we'll tell you. Be lucky I even alerted you of it. We could've kept it to ourselves.
wow... i was being sarcastic to niko k but whatever, 1/2 the thread is already not relative to the topic.

lolz i feel like a boy scout who didnt earn a merit badge. "Fingerp@ss you've earned no badges for technique and none for improving Yoshi's ranking..."

i joke....:teeth:

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
ANNOUNCEMENT

If you have said, even once, that this thread is spam, the technique is not going to be released, etc., then consider yourself an idiot, proceeded by a long, long period of staying quiet.

Obviously, what they're presenting to us is big. They're not going to build up this drama for some useless crap. They're doing it so they actually come out with some good, researched work instead of some theories that can turn out being nothing. They're not doing this because they hate Yoshi and would rather not break him; they're doing this so we don't get all of the complaints about this not working/being situational/not being enough information/not always working. They release it now, you'll complain about it. They release it later, you'll still be whining. So stop complaining and be patient.

That is all.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I personally think that when they do discover the cause of this tech, it will be an inconsistent glitch that cannot be accurately controlled and will be rendered useless by that fact. Hopefully not

auroreon

Smash Ace
Don't worry Chaco, some of us are appreciative of your valuable time and effort. We just haven't posted to avoide clogging up the thread with spam, unlike these other ungrateful *Hmmmmhr*s. /kissingass

Can't wait to here more, plenty of yoshis here willing to help if you need it.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I don't know how many times **** like this has happened.

Don't post new AT threads until everything is ironed out, and you have video proof

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
You don't seem very familiar with smashboards
not that that is in fact what this is but this isn't uncommon, be it for attempting to draw new players or just for the lewls.
No, I'm familiar with Smashboards. There's just a difference between a random newbie posting an advanced technique and some more advanced, revered players posting it.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Lmfao at J4PU. You joined March 08 and you're telling someone who's been on the board for almost a year more than you that he doesn't seem very familiar with smashboards. You're also siding with Chaco who is a very new joiner, may08. And he has over 3k posts and is posting this gay thread.

I think demenise has a lot more board experience than you and Chaco combined.

Chaco stop spamming please. You annoy me.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Lmfao at J4PU. You joined March 08 and you're telling someone who's been on the board for almost a year more than you that he doesn't seem very familiar with smashboards. You're also siding with Chaco who is a very new joiner, may08. And he has over 3k posts and is posting this gay thread.

I think demenise has a lot more board experience than you and Chaco combined.

Chaco stop spamming please. You annoy me.
QFT

10eggs

Chaco

Never Logs In
OMG 0% Peach kill. Lol

And what I did we have ironed out and we told you. You spammed over it. What were doing now is something different and we only told you because you kept begging. So we didn't release this I released what I knew. And we told you what we were doing now. So really if your gonna span go to the Peach forums with Niko.

And igualmente, also joining time means nothing. People prove that daily.

Niko_K

Smash Master
That wasn't even me on my account :p

Also you didn't iron anything out. We have no new AT, and there isn't any visible progress being made aside from what you keep posting, (which isn't much).

I'm not spamming, I'm just being logical. And yes, join time means a lot. It reflects your experience with smash the majority of the time.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I can't do videos and we're waiting to combine the two.

That's not necessarily true, I know a few 06,07 joiners who suck.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Experience and skill are two different traits. They know a lot about the game and what technical things can be done in the game, but can either not do them, or just don't take the time to get better at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom