• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi is broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Hey, I've joined like in April, but I've only seriously started coming here recently (look at my post count) because I've been to other sites instead. Just because people may be new to the site, doesn't mean that they are newbs.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
so the tread kinda failed...no need to attack him for it, and we are being a little impatient honestly

Depster

Smash Champion
Chaco, make a new thread and lock it, editing in things as you discover them.

Hehe... Join date means nothing. Look at mine. I'm not very well informed nor am I very good at melee. Lurkers exist

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, I'm not opening it until we have the facts though.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I now declare you the master of Contradiction.

Newb MEANS you are new to a site/community/RUNESCAPE OLOL.
OBJECTION!

I meant new to the game, not the site. And even so people can just lurk before they finally decide to join. =P

Anyways, I can wait, Chaco. If it's that important then take your time to master this technique.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Why thank you @ Niko.

Anyway, from now on, I propose we let this thread go. If the time comes where this technique is perfected and worth sharing, we'll know; he wouldn't keep it to himself all this time. This thread dies. Drama stops. Chaco is no longer annoyed. He continues to make the technique. Posts it sooner. Everyone wins.

So just move on and do your own things. You have no reason to visit this thread. You have no reason to keep restating the obvious that it's not out yet. We'll know, don't worry. We'll know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I self-declare that any post in this thread from this point on is spam.
(Though I don't have much authority to say that)

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah really, it's just filled with trollers like niko now who are just getting free posts by saying, "lol I told you this was a hoax" 10 billion times.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm not trolling....I still don't see a technique posted. Chaco just keeps making empty promises...

Jesus.

Come to Only in Niagara, NY isn't that far.

Veng

Smash Ace
Chaco is a good yoshi and seems to know what hes talking about.... I this was created a couple weeks ago though so when you gonna reveal these "secrets"

Chaco

Never Logs In
I love you stocky. <3

Niko I can't take your spot. Lol Millar leaks.

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
Despite the fact that I'm sure everyone will turn against me for saying this I do find that Niko has a valid point. This thread has done nothing but unnecessarily hype a tech that, at this point, doesn't exist. It's fallen into nothing but, "Hey, how's that tech coming", "Hey, when is that tech going to be revealed" and others responding with "Patience please?", "It wont be released until its finalized"

or, within the last few pages. "You suck" or "No, YOU suck"

In my honest opinion, a thread talking about a tech that doesn't exist is about as relevant as a bird without wings and I have to seriously question why this thread hasn't been locked. Perhaps if more information was shared about the nature of the tech, its controls ("button mashing" or not), or even what the ****ed thing is supposed to LOOK like, we as a community may have been able to cumulatively crack the tech's potential though you (Chaco) seem to prefer keeping it to yourself and sharing with a few select others. Hoax or not, this is getting a little more than annoying.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I see what you mean shark, but you came in without knowing the story just like Niko. How can I get people to help with something harder than the DR and DT, when few Yoshis can do that. I got with a few to test, a d we started diving into it. So what am I supposed to do? Ask them to attempt something that hard and annoying to figure out? I think not. Since it involved the same principles as the DR, and the principles of DJCing. So I hope you see what I mean.

I will try and explain this to my best of knowledge, so Ill begin. This is cancelling aerials with double jumping. By doing this you can ovveride of with another attack. I accidentally did itin training a bit ago. I DJCd a Uair and saw it go about half way through it's frames, and it stopped and went into my fsmash. Which had the slide of a DR. I tried to repeat it exactly but came close and not exact though. It was through a GCA, or ground cancelled aerial, which canceled my uair and caused the DJ effects, Which was initiated during GCA, and re cancelled with an Fsmash.

You can also initiate it before and cause the waveland effect, going backward slide with bair, forward a tiny bit with fair, straight down with uair, nair, and dair. This can be useful in some situations. Like to reduce landing lag? But as Far as uses Im still trying to get this junk figured out, haha.

There is also another thing we are looking into which was Auto Canceled Aerials, but this we are completely unsure of. But involves ending the attack in the first few frames, we have no idea how to imitate this since we have no video to study, so we're going off of our hunches, which is hard.

Well and there is a thing I got to work once, which was a ledge cancelled, kind of like a scar, but again not sure here either.

Hope this enlightens you.

Sharky

Smash Master
From what you said I get the idea of the falling frames at the start of the double jump. That sounds too simple, though, I'm sure you've covered that base, already. Good luck, though! =D

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
~Insert all that Jazz~
THAT was the thing I believe many of the yoshi mainers were looking for near the start of this thread. Material for which describes a bit of the process and a bit of the outcome for this unnamed tech and it is with this that hopefully progress in both control and application can start to be applied. Thank you for responding so quickly Chaco.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sorry guys I can't continue testing for about a month. I'm grounded and Im on my phone currently. See you guys in a month.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Sorry guys I can't continue testing for about a month. I'm grounded and Im on my phone currently. See you guys in a month.
lol, what have you done? I practically lived alone since I was 13, yay for independence. Do you use some kind of debug thing or wii hack to test stuff?

Seeya

Smash Cadet
Well now that you have, you can never return to the Yoshi boards. Now BE GONE FEIND!

Lol, j/k. Just switch back...seriously
huh, maybe i should use MK as secondary. Yoshi does have a great final smash chain attack that is hard to get out of, can KO MK by grabbing him nearby the edge and using a forward air attack, can do a really cool thing with standard b on Wolf, his side B can stop attacks, can repeatedly throw up b from the ledge, and wavedash, and has really fun taunts

i think i'll practice with Yoshi and MK :)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
huh, maybe i should use MK as secondary. Yoshi does have a great final smash chain attack that is hard to get out of, can KO MK by grabbing him nearby the edge and using a forward air attack, can do a really cool thing with standard b on Wolf, his side B can stop attacks, can repeatedly throw up b from the ledge, and wavedash, and has really fun taunts

i think i'll practice with Yoshi and MK :)
who cares about final smash lol

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
can someone tell me what happen and plz dont say sumthin like "a tech was promised and it fail"
i just wanna know what the tech was at first and y it failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom