• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi is broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
...Chaco found two new techs. Details later or tomorrow.

Discuss. And this is 100% true, no lies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll give you a hint to one. It makes Yoshi slide halfway across YI, from the edge...very quickly.

Chaco

Never Logs In
got a replay of the slide to send you big, only done to half length. I'm sending now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
DP

Works with tilts. This is intense. Ill try to get info up soon, but I'm trying to pinpoint the exact controls on how to do it

Sharky

Smash Master
crazy reverse ground pound cancel? =P

But seriously, don't hold out on us man, WE NEED OUR BROKEN YOSHI FIX!!! =P

and is it just on yoshi's island?

Gindler

Smash Champion
I hope it's easier than all the other dragonics otherwise it'll just be another awesome tech I just can't learn :crying:

Chaco

Never Logs In
grasshopper only has his phone currently...I'll get to a computer soon

bigman40

Smash Master
Lolz, I think I know what you're thinking about on this one. It's looks like it'll only work on that stage you showed me (maybe on some others), but that's some situational stuff there. Looks sick though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
works any place with a slope...

I had a dtilt gasm on corneria.

bigman40

Smash Master
Lolz, I'm not going to spill it. XD

But I just did it since he sent the vid to me XDDDDDD It's not hard at all, just requires a tad amount of spacing and precisement.

bigman40

Smash Master
DP

Chaco...this move feels a tad reckless man XD Are you sure this'll break him? Or are you leaving something out?

EDIT: Yeah, this is situational man. This move only works one way....does it work the other way when you sent me the vid?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm leaving a few things out. I'm auto cancelling dair and moving back and forth with cstick. I've done it with jab, all tilts, fsmash, and egg toss. o_o

But the other thing is, a tad bit hard...double cancelling. It's some stuff...

How this works confuses me.

bigman40

Smash Master
The first one, I can tell you easily. Tbh, I think that move you sent me works with the other crawling characters. And I'm just landing on the part you showed me. I'm not auto-canceling anything to et it (although I only get 1/4 - 1/2 of the way)...

EDIT1: I'm about to go down the crawling list to see who this works with....You just found a crawling specific thing.

Works with:
Yoshi
Pikachu
Luigi
Squirtle ( but not that well)

Chaco

Never Logs In
No, no it's not Yoshinator.

But the other thing is going to take my hours to test and explain. It boggled me...

Thanks for your help on this Scat...I guess we can address the crawlers soon.

Sliding Snake Fsmash we're royally ****ed...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Meh, I only think Yoshi, Pika, and Luigi will benefit out of that (I suck at it though. I only get about 1/4 of the way).
Same results I got...

Yoshi still gets it the best by FAR.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Right now we're hard at work DJCing aerials. We'll relay any info we can as soon as possible.

bigman40

Smash Master
Yep....it's something that has been a mystery for a while (Mmac and I knew about this, but we never brought it up). This is something that will most likely need the whole Yoshi community and more to figure out (it's that hard and annoying).

Mmac

Smash Lord
We're also working on Aerial Cancels... But I don't know much, I'm being kept in the dark.

Sharky

Smash Master
well let a couple of us know. The more people working on it, the better, I say.

EDIT: Is there a chat of some sort?

Mmac

Smash Lord
well let a couple of us know. The more people working on it, the better, I say.

EDIT: Is there a chat of some sort?
Here are the Three things we are currently looking into

- That Crawl Tech thingy Chaco/Big is talking about (Don't even know of it yet)
- Aerial Canceling (Kinda know, but Chaco/Big know more)
- Classic Double Jump Canceling (None of us know. has happened to me, except always as the worst possible times! :mad:)

I pretty much know nothing :cry:

Yeah, there is a chat, but Big/Levi left. Chaco said he would come back, but that was an hour ago...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
idk why you guys have to keep it a secret. if this is for real and useful, then everyone will eventually know about it anyway. and if it isn't useful...then no harm done regardless.

bummed that apparently the crawl thing doesn't help squirtle. :( TEST IVYSAUR lulz

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
No, no it's not Yoshinator.
Don't lie lol. Crawl dashing backwards when you land on sloped counts as 'crawl dashing' (that's rolling the control stick backwards as you land on the ground with forward momentum). I found that a long while ago on my own. You got to do it up a slope to get the nice slide effect. The only real reason I never brought it up was because I don't deem it as much of a 'tech' as much as I just attribute it to brawl's wacky physics.

EDIT: Invincibility frames... I can't think of anything, you got me here lol.

Fingerp@ss said:
hmm i call DJ downB cancel

Unrefined

Smash Journeyman
Alot of the stuff found is neat, i never see it as too practical. I just play to my opponent so who knows, I prefer strategy and timing over overly-complicated make yoshi spazz out and look ******** techs.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Relax, ladies. They're probably only keeping it locked away until they figure out how it works.

The number one reasons many techs in Smash don't get used is because they're introduced to the community with nobody who knows how to practically replicate the technique, forcing the community to offer up resources in order to "decode" everything. With simpler techs, this is cool, as it brings the board together and shows how resourceful and intelligent everyone is, but for the harder stuff that could be more valuable and may be highly susceptible to being thrown away at first, it's probably better for them to do what they do and let us know once they've figured everything out.

I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom