• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Metatitan

Smash Master
If the US played more for the enjoyment of the game than for the money (like Japan) then a ban wouldn't be necessary. I don't think it is necessary since he's not unbeatable atm but he does overcentralize the metagame and you can't really cp stages against him =/

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
LOL lilb.

Anyways, I feel like he's only unbeatable because of the limitations we've put on him, mainly the Ledge Grab Limit. Unfortunately, the LGL is universal and screws with my desire to ECE. :urg:

D

Deleted member

Marth and g&w both will lose a stock from an edgehog =/
Yea ur right, u can edgehog marth and G&W's planking.
HOW HAVE PEOPLE NOT SEEN THIS.
Hades is a revolutionary.
=D

on a seriouser note, not rly. However, Mks planking is the only broken one (look at DMGs data). Marth's isnt really that good.

Im just joking with ya hades btw =P

Yikarur

Smash Master
MKs planking is what we call "stalling" so their should be a way to prevent it by rules but that is easier said then done.
but MK without Planking is not ban worthy.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
MKs planking is what we call "stalling" so their should be a way to prevent it by rules but that is easier said then done.
but MK without Planking is not ban worthy.
But planking isn't stalling, by definition. Sitting in a better position isn't stalling. He isn't continuously running away. He's sitting in his position where he has the advantage. He's not continuously running away, he's just waiting for you. He'd not in a place where you can't hit him (like jigglypuff rising puonds at the top of japes or sonics homing stall under the stage). He isn't "stalling." If planking is considered stalling then camping is also stalling. (think spacies/pikachu).

@stocky: link? If they are up b'ing back to the ledge it is edgehoggable, if they aren't, they aren't invinicible, and they dont have 6 jumps and a 13 frame uair. Anyway mk's planking compared to anyone elses isn't really comparable.

B0NK

Smash Lord
if done perfect planking with mk is unbeatable

edit this is lil b ugh

D

Deleted member

@stocky: link? If they are up b'ing back to the ledge it is edgehoggable, if they aren't, they aren't invinicible, and they dont have 6 jumps and a 13 frame uair. Anyway mk's planking compared to anyone elses isn't really comparable.
the thing is, if marth is falling fair to up bing, you dont have time to grab the ledge, same with G&W but with nair or falling fair.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I would think the fastest way to grab the ledge from the stage would be by using the auto-snap frames from the beginning on the double jump. I believe that would get you low enough to grab the ledge more quickly, though I'm not familiar with the range you need to be in to insta-grab the ledge with down-B. Plus, the down-B method needs to be buffered to work properly anyway IIRC...

:005:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You ladies are the only gals I know who talk Smash in their board's spam thread.

Good stuff.

D

Deleted member

This is a very silly discussion, if you think any marth/G&W EVER gets edge hogged by planking, good for you, it doesnt happen ever so no need to discuss it.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Hey Mmac, you're so cyan, I want to be cyan too D: talk to the leader that they should admit me! D: (not only the color but it's the "Group" where I should belong too =P)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: -dead-

D-TORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LOLOLOLOL your sigs always make me smile. Yo, we should play some fighters if I ever get into that horrendous state.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: WAIT!

LOL!

I should infract myself. D:

I confused your semi-okay state with Delta, who lives in absolute disparity. My bad.

Top Bottom