• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
P.M, Yoshi is a lil powerful actually.. :) it may take a while for people to understand how to use him effectively, since his skill curve isn't exactly easy to pick up..... However, I don't expect too much of a nerf honestly... they still haven't fixed the parrying, and lightshielding hasn't been added yet either, so i'm not sure...

I will say this.. P.M yoshi, is likely one of the best characters in the game tho.. :)

Maybe I'll show that eventually.. :p

And i'm doing well thanks for asking..

<3 you guys :p

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yea, his ****ing d-smash surprised me first time I was hit by it. Did not expect it to be turned into a kill move.
Despite his offense and pressure being bonkers, his recovery still feels pretty bad. I'll wait for a couple tournaments to come up to see for myself what people are able to do with him once they overcome the skill barrier it takes to play him, but it definitely looks like he can be a big threat.

I also wanna see how mewtwo pans out to be as well. It seems like he has a really high tech barrier too, but Yoshi feels like he gets a lot more immediate pay off for learning him. Mewtwo teleport shenanigans will be really entertaining to watch. <3

His recovery feels bad because Brawl made it stupid good compared to 64 and Melee (where both were fairly crappy). P:M Yoshi's recovery is actually better than 64 & Melee, but worse than Brawl simply because he doesn't have the upB hops, wavebouncing upBs, and DJAD. P:M Yoshi still has wavebounce Egglay, which is much better with the x2 range increase, can use Eggtoss from high up to help clear some space, and has Egg Roll physics that is better than Melee's. He can still latch onto the ledge with downB and can cancel the animation just like Brawl's version. He's to the point where you want to always DI up so that you can utilize all your options in tricking the opponent. If you DI low, then you're relying on heavy armor (just like melee) which isn't great.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I meant it in relation of Brawl players coming backwards to a game similar to Melee. Most Brawl recoveries were better, so for some people, they typically don't like P:M recoveries. For Melee players though (like you :) ), Yoshi's recovery is hella good lol. He's given a big amount of choices compared to his Melee counterpart.

I'm not sure if he regains his DJ when getting grabbed. I'd need to test it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, Brawl Yoshi's recovery is one of the best in the game. Only characters that have undeniably better/safer recovery are MK, Pikachu, and maybe GW, Sonic, Jiggs, and MAYBE Wario. Im sure I left a character or two out, but basically, Yoshi has arguably a top 5 and almost certainly a top 10 recovery.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I played like 3 hours of P:M while at a tiny smashfest at Ooples yesterday.
Utilt and Eggroll are good now, do not under any circumstance use any smash moves outside of Down Smash cause it's melee's with its downward smack. Fsmash has always been meh even in brawl while Usmash feels even uglier and slower since I'm pretty sure they removed the invincibility.

Eggs also don't explode, think they're 64 eggs where they keep going till they hit something or just go into the abyss, so use that as an advantage when throwing it from behind and curving it in front of you.

Egglay is massive now, can't juggle as well like we can in brawl, but the extra range to it is pretty cool. Egg roll as an option to get back to stage helps a lot, first second of it I believe is a small dash and u can auto-snap to the ledge with it if you pop out fast enough or even just running into it since you don't go into a helpless state when you pop out of it anymore, popping out of it is so fast you can also hit someone with it and immediately U-tilt em. It feels pretty fast tbh.
It combos with itself at early percents lol, so you can prolly get off 2-5 depending on the character and their fall speed.

One fun little thing I messed with is just egg rolling off stage, popping out and Double jumping to snap back to the ledge, sure you can just run to it anddo the same thing with turning around with DJ, but I think maibe Eggroll is faster. Maybe. But again doing it cause it looks fancy and kewl.

Not entirely everything I've noticed about P:M yoshi typed down but that's what I can think of so far, fer now League or RIsk of Rain along with eating at this graduation party.

Depster

Smash Champion
Nice. I might dl pm when I get back to school...

I would like to say that Salt Lake city is awful because I and almost everyone I know got screwed over by them not having good weather at their airport. And now that storm is coming here. I guess it might be an ice storm.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
It was like over 9000 42°c in Kangaroo-land here a couple days ago but it's cooled down now, thank goodness x.x; Idk how that measures up to your guys climates but it was plain nasty.

So how's everyone feel about Yoshi's new Island and the trailer we saw?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It was like over 9000 42°c in Kangaroo-land here a couple days ago but it's cooled down now, thank goodness x.x; Idk how that measures up to your guys climates and stuff though.

So how's everyone feel about Yoshi's new Island and the trailer we saw?

42C is pretty friggin' high, lol. What is that, near 100F? It's still summer over there though, right? @_@

Yoshi's New Island looks alright to me. I don't think the trailers have shown me enough for me to really give a good opinion on what I think the game will be like, but it looks nice enough. I'm hoping it's got good gameplay/levels though.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It was like over 9000 42°c in Kangaroo-land here a couple days ago but it's cooled down now, thank goodness x.x; Idk how that measures up to your guys climates but it was plain nasty.
Well, if you want an idea, I meant 27° Fahrenheit, water freezes at 32°. And 27° is the high, it was 7° here 2 days ago. It gets a lot worse in January though, consistent negatives lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
In Utah during the summer it gets into the 120s sometimes. Usually only the 100s and 110s, but it does occasionally.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Florida's weather is bipolar :/

Oh and guys, i had the matches i ask for advice on earlier. Sad to say i only won 2 but i got a few of them recorded. If i can upload the vids maybe some tips would be cool

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Utah is the only place I know that can be blisteringly hot one day, then drop 8 inches of snow the next,

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
In Florida it can be obscenely hot, and freakishly cold at times. You cherish the days when its in between. Usually its just reaally hot

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Before I got a window airconditioner in my attic (Where I do most of my gaming) I had a floor unit thing. It had a display that would tell you what the temperature was in the room.

Well in the summer that I had the floor unit the display consistently read "HI". The room was too hot for the poor two digit display to give me a real reading.

Depster

Smash Champion
Define freakishly cold lol.

But poor floor unit...

I remember back when I was in high school a certain week in March where one day was in the 80s, there was a tornado the next, and snow the third day.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Well for Florida in a state known to be hot and sunny, i'm always caught off guard when the temperature drops to like the 50s - 60s during winter months or during cold fronts. Lol that might not be much to some of you guys though.

Snow then Tornado the next day? That is some weird weather.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Georgia is much more bipolar than Flordia will ever be. We had 70+ during the weekend, 50s and 40s Sunday and Monday, and today is the 30s. Before the sudden heat wave, we were in freezing temperatures. We flip a coin and it's technically a 25% chance of getting it right.

Btw, I'll probably be buying gifts for a few Yoshis next X-mas. Money's a little too tight right now for me to do it this year x.x Better start trying to meet me more often!

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I got two new Yoshi items to add to my collection as pressies today, one's a cushion in the shape of his face and the other's a small light stand and glass with a clear 3d Yoshi inside, it's really neat ^^
How's your guys Christmas so far?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So far?
I've had the flu since Sunday, so that's my Christmas. Being bed ridden, only reason I'm online now is cause I felt like seeing how long I could sit up before I felt like giving the toilet another christmas gift in the form of yellow and red liquids.
Red being blood.

I hate the flu.

Scatz

Smash Champion
o_o Wth kinda flu you have? I've never gotten that bad when I had the flu...

Also, my X-mas doesn't start till tomorrow around noon. We used to open gifts at around 5-6 am (when I was a kid), but now we just wait till the next day.

Dem Watermarks.
Gotta love people and their copyright attempts. I'm too lazy to try and photoshop the watermarks out.

Sharky

Smash Master
Georgia is much more bipolar than Flordia will ever be. We had 70+ during the weekend, 50s and 40s Sunday and Monday, and today is the 30s. Before the sudden heat wave, we were in freezing temperatures. We flip a coin and it's technically a 25% chance of getting it right.

Btw, I'll probably be buying gifts for a few Yoshis next X-mas. Money's a little too tight right now for me to do it this year x.x Better start trying to meet me more often!
Gulf coast florida is like this too, but then again that's not really florida lol

Top Bottom