• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
So you're a notorious Yoshi slayer for beating Hades only? I'll have you know Vinnie beat me while using Zelda with his eyes closed and headphones on therefore he is the true Yoshi slayer and the best Zelda.

He also didn't lose to slush. :troll:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I beat Mocha two times we fought. You lost to Slush, because he's a pretty technical Yoshi. Raptor? He has his own tier level. Only Raptor can be on that tier level.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I like Yoshi because of his mobility and his great air/grab game. In P:M, he's literally just DJC combos. Nothing similar. Dont get me wrong, Yoshi is really good in P:M, hes just COMPLETELY different playstyle wise and, seeing as most Yoshi fans including me got used to Yoshi being as he is now and growing to love that playstyle, making a 360 in the characters entire direction is imo the reason as to why most of us dont like him.
Understandable, but also realize that Melee and 64 Yoshis are similar in playstyle. Brawl's the only one that made Yoshi completely different in terms of play. I'm not saying that it's Brawl's fault, but if P:M is supposed to be using Melee as a foundation, then naturally, Yoshi wouldn't be the type of character we loved in Brawl.

Brawl isn't dead, pm is cancer for this community
More like the community's elitism and ignorance is killing themselves. Unnecessary hate for something so miniscule. Not only that, but there's been multiple mods before P:M came around (Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl come to mind). Why is it that this you are singling out this particular mod?

I dont like how they added extra lag to Yoshi's aerials so you can't perform another right before you hit the ground. No more SH Aerials + DJ aerial followup. Or any aerial strings for that matter.
That's because of the higher gravity / fall speed they used.

Too bad Yoshi is bad regardless of the game he's in.

Kii
Off topic: Your name reminds me of some place. Do you happen to play Dragon Nest?

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
More like the community's elitism and ignorance is killing themselves. Unnecessary hate for something so miniscule. Not only that, but there's been multiple mods before P:M came around (Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl come to mind). Why is it that this you are singling out this particular mod?
Melee vs Brawl was already cancer for this community, pm only perpetuates it and it's very advertised in comparison to the other mods. Now you got a lot of people in gaming sites in general joining the brawl sucks bandwagon to make them look hardcore when they don't know how to play at all. Most people don't see it on a positive perception like "it actually unites us" or "it's common ground". The name says it, it was made with the intention of replacing Brawl. I could write pages about how the whole thing is stupid but PM certainly doesn't help when it puts all those fallacies in the minds of more people that know what smash is, no wonder why Sakurai is stressed to the brink of death

Fuujin

Smash Champion
So you're a notorious Yoshi slayer for beating Hades only? I'll have you know Vinnie beat me while using Zelda with his eyes closed and headphones on therefore he is the true Yoshi slayer and the best Zelda.

He also didn't lose to slush. :troll:
Vinnie beat a Yoshi and a has been ice climbers in one tournament.
No other Zelda has accomplished anything near these feats and it is objectively known that he is the best Zelda.

Off topic: Your name reminds me of some place. Do you happen to play Dragon Nest?
Idk what that is, I play Dragon Age tho.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
ROFL! AIB is back! xD Guess the dis-functional facially lives on!

@ Slsuh, then you could've did better if you went technical (but in a smart manner). When I fought Mocha, she did the usual Zelda stuff, she wasn't expecting what she excepted. I didn't wreck, but won. Zelda's Up Smash man :/

Want to know how I won? My Yoshi air game and Egg-lay mix-ups and unique strings. The only thing she did was throw a bunch of smashes and Din's Fire. And like a couple of Naris. That's it :/

Also, I could've played the simple Yoshi game-play, but I'm just too manly to play with my Eggs.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I'm not one to complain(on the internet) but it always makes me smh when i see giant pictures or memes in the middle of a thread. Most of them are always pretty cringe worthy and unnecessary. There are plenty of ways to express your thoughts without having look at people making ******** faces...

I mean at least find one with Yoshi to make it actually funny to look at.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The only one that's a meme is the kreygasm face or whatever it's called, gootecks?
Either way, I didn't need to do better to win against fuujin since just casually playing along with him since we both didn't care much about the match was enough to win, I didn't need to beat him to a pulp only to get 4th or 5th in our pool anyways lol.

Also I don't care how you won against mocha, nobody does. Don't think a single person wants to read half a wall of text of how you defeated wifi warriors, or used Air-game stuff to beat a half-boiled player.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Vinnie beat a Yoshi and a has been ice climbers in one tournament.
No other Zelda has accomplished anything near these feats and it is objectively known that he is the best Zelda.
That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm glad we're on the same page here. :awesome:

Tarex is right about people jumping on the bandwagon. A lot of them are casuals who have no idea how competitive smash works but they do it anyway because it makes them look like they're skilled or hardcore. Truth is majority of them have never even been to a tournament and would soon realize what being skilled really is. The P:M community is filled with a lot of new players at the moment since it's something new and when I talk to some of these players in a tournament 90% of the time they hate brawl and say it's a casual game. I remember this guy in particular who was talking about how much he loves P:M and how he plays it all the time and I agreed that it was fun but then said I play Brawl though. Then he proceeded to say brawl sucks and that it's casual **** and that he thinks he will probably win most of the matches since he's competitive. He did not win a single match. There were many 3 stocks and he got frustrated and switched to Jigglypuff to ditto me because what I was doing "was easy". Got 4 stocked. He tried again and lost his second stock by being pounded out of his fully charged rollout. Then he rage quit. Point is a lot of the people who bash melee or brawl are people who were either really bad at that particular game or new to smash. People who have been a part of this community for a while don't really say much (in person at least) unless they're one of the people who have played a lot and are still bad so they choose to blame the game. Anyway, I'm entering P:M at Apex to beat some noobs. :)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I entered P:M at Sktar and only lost to Brawl players, while beating a couple P:M only players. It was funny because they don't know what to do against planking huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Didnt know people bashed melee as well as brawl
It's an endless cycle of unnecessary hatred.

You have a point though (@Tarex and Raptor). Though, it definitely felt like this hatred went to another level the moment Balanced Brawl and Brawl+ came through. For some of the newcomers, it's more our fault because they're coming into this mess that stupid people made instead of just leaving the situation alone, but I'm not placing all the blame that way, it's also the newcomer's fault for not doing their research before jumping to conclusions and trying things out first.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Oh my goach shh Courage. You like everything dude. Lmo! Might I remind you of this?

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-nu-smashboards-arena-gateway-520-bound.341178/page-138 Don't type that you dislike large faces. Scroll down to the part when you see SunnySunny respond to me with his own face. Notice that you liked it! "Caught red handled!"

Quit trying to bash me, you wont succeed. Moving on~

@ The Emo Kid, in all honesty, I agree that WiFi shouldn't be taken seriously, however; a WiFi Zelda is harder to beat than a Offline Zelda. Why? Well, lets think (yes I mean use your mind =O).

Yoshi alone is bad (so you have to think in different ways to succeed with him).

He has no shield (and above all that WiFi is attacking him, which the attacks will delay on the timing of you choosing to preform the attacks). You can't even air dodge correctly (so that means a gimp is right around your corner. All Zelda has to do is throw smashes and reflect Yoshi's Eggs, even if Yoshi throws Eggs, Zelda will just use her Din Fire, (above all that, Yoshi can't shield right, and WiFi is going to delay the landing of Zelda's Dins Fire. So, that just puts Yoshi in more difficult scenarios. The point of me rocking Yoshi on WiFi (and styling) shows that "I'm a special kind of Yoshi." I'll put pay-pal money that you couldn't win a Good Zelda main (on WiFI). Heck, go to Basic Brawl and see if you can win them, you wont! Cause you ain't manly.

I didn't want to come back, but you seem to want to start something (typical Slushster!) I only came, because T was here. I never viewed his profile, but I was interested in what the best Yoshi was doing =O!

I find out that he's posted a comment in the place that I'd 'never' except him to comment or even set foot in here.

I find out he's just typing up truth about M. And, I fought a PM brawler. He said 'brawls boring!" He plays me and he gave me up-most respect. See, you can make Brawl amazing, you just got to put the work in Brawl. Plus, (I always practice my tech skill, since I never get people in my scene that never play any SSB games). Same for Melee as well. :(! Anyway, thanks for laughs! See you around Emo Kid! <3

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I find out he's just typing up truth about M. And, I fought a PM brawler. He said 'brawls boring!" He plays me and he gave me up-most respect. See, you can make Brawl amazing, you just got to put the work in Brawl.
Are you talking about those *good players* from the wi-fi matches thread?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Are you talking about those *good players* from the wi-fi matches thread?
What do mean by *good players?*

And yeah, but I also found this guy on YouTube that bashed Brawl as well, I told him to brawl ME and you'll find out Brawl's fun. He's uses MK XD To make a point to show that MK wins all the time. As if I'm not trained in that match-up-_-. Long story short, I win!

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
@GYK first off i'm not trying to bash and wasnt even specific in pointing names. Secondly I liked that post of Sunny's because it was a nice picture. An attempt to quell the situation. If you'd like me to get specfic, you go out of your way to put up 2 or three giant images when making essay long posts when trying to make a point. It really isn't necessary.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yup, that's all I do Is sit in my shield and camp like Loe1. So, why don't you have an motivation to get better with Yoshi? You started to do a lot better! =O

Fine, I'm going to get this over with.

@ Courage, that picture was to shut me up. Since I promised to brawl SunnySunny. Which we're cool now. xD Again! Ha ha!

So, you'd rather me type up an essay, rather an using a giant picture to show everything in that one picture?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
And yeah, but I also found this guy on YouTube that bashed Brawl as well, I told him to brawl ME and you'll find out Brawl's fun. He's uses MK XD To make a point to show that MK wins all the time. As if I'm not trained in that match-up-_-. Long story short, I win!
So,you basically own noobs that hate brawl and them come here to say that you're godlike at this game?

Dude,go get a life.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
So,you basically own noobs that hate brawl and them come here to say that you're godlike at this game?

Dude,get a life.
And it begins~

Godlike? Where did I mention the word "godlike" anywhere. Noobs? Uh yeah! xD You think you can do better? =O Okay, when I finish my project, I'll brawl you. Note; If you camp me, I will be destroyed. Just pointing it out there.

"Dude get a life"

I honesty can break that will sentence you have presented. I rather finish fighting each one of you guys, rather get to it when I get like 10 alerts... not fun!

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I accomplished my goals. The only one left is doing well at Apex but I haven't played in forever and playing P:M is messing with me. I can't balance both. Also, people just seem to hate Yoshi no matter what and that's discouraging.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
And it begins~

Godlike? Where did I mention the word "godlike" anywhere. Noobs? Uh yeah! xD You think you can do better? =O Okay, when I finish my project, I'll brawl you. Note; If you camp me, I will be destroyed. Just pointing it out there.
No thanks.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Yup, that's all I do Is sit in my shield and camp like Loe1. So, why don't you have an motivation to get better with Yoshi? You started to do a lot better! =O

Fine, I'm going to get this over with.

@ Courage, that picture was to shut me up. Since I promised to brawl SunnySunny. Which we're cool now. xD Again! Ha ha!

So, you'd rather me type up an essay, rather an using a giant picture to show everything in that one picture?
Not exactly. I think searching for clear, fluid, and concise words to express your thoughts rather than be drawn out, hostile, or assuming would be the best way to go about it. It's best to aim for compromise and communicate ideas in a way that will allow progress and understanding between people.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I accomplished my goals. The only one left is doing well at Apex but I haven't played in forever and playing P:M is messing with me. I can't balance both. Also, people just seem to hate Yoshi no matter what and that's discouraging.
Yea i feel you...

Really don't understand the yoshi hate...

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
PM is cool dude,you should try it.

We still have people that doesn't know the Yoshi MU in 2013 and hate him,nothing abnormal lol
I did play Project M, nothing better than Melee. Melees better in terms on everything. For one the move sets looks more clean, the PM version looks lag-gy at times and I will not have that. I even played PM for a while, went back to Melee to practice my usual tech skill and stuff, I start to air dodge (instead of Wave Dashing). Just shows that it slower and the new attacks and stuff are to... weird... I even tried it again in 3.0.

Nope, I'd rather trip in Brawl, rather than play a slower version of Melee. There's a reason why I love too aggro.

@ Raptor, Yup, I have those fancy gimmicks! ;D Hey, if they still don't know how to shut my gimmicks down, what's the point of changing anything when they don't know how to shut me down. Even if they did, I'll just adjust my style again. Not like I'm going to do the same thing again. Unless It's Yoshi dittos X)

To beat Yoshi, pressure the living day lights out of him. He can't power shield squt and even if Yoshi step dodges, just jab him ,(because we know what's going to happen next, Yoshi bomb or jabs). I'd fight Nikes, so I know what I saying. And Raptor X) And Calri and a bunch more other Yoshi mains (Aib included).

I prefer Killer Instinct than Project M though~

Edit: You all done from chatting? Okay good, I can go do my project now.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I honestly did not read a single post in here outside of stopping riiiiiiight where delta posted. So basically my post directed at Raptor.

Everything you said is basically what Espy said. Most of P:M and even most of its workers are brawl/melee flunkies that couldn't be good at either game.
Along with one thing you pointed out that many others have noticed as well, the only ones that tend to do good in P:M tournaments are high/top level players from the Melee or Brawl scene by using characters they used from that game or even switching over to other top tiers.

Also, depending how many people enter P:M at Apex and the cap is, I can honestly see you getting top 16.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Melee players usually win P:M tournaments sometimes brawl players but that's a lot more rare (reflex). And top 16 is too much I barely play the game. But I can see myself doing good considering NY is already miles ahead in the metagame and I already beat some of the better players.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
@ Raptor, bro, Ikve been preaching this to you guys before I became, likeable? So, are you 'finally' admite things I've typed to you guys actually... Work! =O

And I can't tell you how mad Yoshi players get when they brawl me. I just pressure them so much, that all they do is step dodge and try to Yoshi bomb xD

I already know my main inisde and out. So, I just jab him before he Yoshi bombs or jabs me. Then they type that WiFi messed them up xD, K. They ain't techincal, so how did the WiFi mess up that much. I'm sure you all typed the same thing. X)

Anyway, play Killer Instinct not PM. Ew!

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
@ Raptor, hm, so you have known? You sure X), K.

@Slushster, Ha ha, you'd be surprised how much Yoshi mains or people look up to me X)

But, lol! Typical Slushster! Okay, it was, fun? I guess so, but I'm out.

Bye gals~ He he

Top Bottom