• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Shiri

Smash Chump
It limits his aerial game in the sense that you can't just throw out rising back airs and stuff, but DJC is an absolutely integral part of the character's design and the limitations are surpassed by combo damage and mobility benefits that also bolster his hybrid passive-aggressive style of play.

I sincerely hope the weight formula used for the double jump has been thought out properly. That's probably the single most important aspect of his double jump and it really needs to be done right for the idea of DJC's return to be successful.

Shiri

Smash Chump
So Shiri does that mean you are interested in P:M? Dunno if you were interested in Smash4 either.
I think I found a PCB that will let me use my stick to play. If I can do that, then I'll play. Can't use GCN pads anymore. My wrists. D:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Lol Shiri, the smash stick player. =P

Fall speed/Gravity is integral, but his weight (or rather the amount of heavy armor) it's the most important part as he had to absorb a decent amount of moves to get in close and deal damage efficiently. Being able to narrowly dodge moves using DJC helped make the style much more potent, but both ideally need to be set properly to make DJC worth using.

You won't kill yourself nearly as much using DJC (unless you're near a ledge or something) than you would doing Edge Canceled Eggs; however, I'm sure the difficulty is severely lowered since Brawl still has custom controls unless they decided to take it out when making P:M.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Bigz, what is this gravity/fallspeed BS? Is that what the Brawl formula uses to determine the effectiveness of the DJ in that game?

Scatz

Smash Champion
No, but I had to mention it since Brawl's fall speed to begin with is extremely slow compared to Melee. The HA is set by a certain amount in the files, so they can just alter that to make his HA more like his Melee counterpart.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh wait were you guys talking about the armor part of it? I thought you meant the speed of which Yoshi starts to fall after a DJC lol. If thats true, its basically a combination of weight and the heavy armor values.

They should just make it like 64 DJ armor, make it go through EVERYTHING. Fully charged Ike fsmash at 300%? No problem, Ill just DJ right through that ****.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Busy pretty much everyday until Thanksgiving Break (starting Wednesday night for me). I can hit you up then.

Depster

Smash Champion
What's good, Dep?
Ohaider! Lot's of things. I'm a junior computer engineering major this year and really enjoying it! Been meeting lots of women too. Thinking strongly about starting a small tournament series here at Walla Walla after Christmas break. It'll be lulz. What's good with you?

Shiri

Smash Chump
Ohaider! Lot's of things. I'm a junior computer engineering major this year and really enjoying it! Been meeting lots of women too. Thinking strongly about starting a small tournament series here at Walla Walla after Christmas break. It'll be lulz. What's good with you?
Good to hear! I actually used to be CE but too much hardware for me. D: As for me, just making moves. Figured I'd say hello.

A wild shiri appeared! =O
Look who's talking, hahaha. Holding up well?

Dep gettin' it in.

'Tis his duty to please dat booty~

Sharky

Smash Master
Good to hear! I actually used to be CE but too much hardware for me. D: As for me, just making moves. Figured I'd say hello.

Look who's talking, hahaha. Holding up well?

'Tis his duty to please dat booty~
Well I can't say there hasn't been a fair share of mishaps, but most importantly I'm staying the course so far. With any luck I'll be a graduated aviation rescue swimmer by early february. =)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Well I can't say there hasn't been a fair share of mishaps, but most importantly I'm staying the course so far. With any luck I'll be a graduated aviation rescue swimmer by early february. =)
A shark that rescues people in the ocean? Now I've heard it all~

That's a really admirable career choice though man. <3

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Get well soon Sharky D:

I know I've asked in the past but can I get a quick refresher on the specifics of the GR>Uair on Jiggs?

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Doesn't seem like it should be hard at all, but me and some others were practicing it trying to figure it out a couple weeks back and only got it a relatively small amount of times, getting the Jiggs player to mash rest/jumping to see if we were actually getting it right.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol its pretty easy, you just watch Yoshi's foot and as soon as he puts in down during his grab release animation, you jump, hold forward slightly (like youre doing an ftilt) then press up on the c stick right before you hit the apex of your jump.

And you dont uair immediately, you have to wait like a quarter of a second or something after you press jump. It's very easy for your hands to do, its just the timing is somewhat precise. Not hard, just precise.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I just simply buffer my jump after 2 pummels cause that's when most people usually escape, then use my A still for attacks. So Y+A with control stick pointed up

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Thanks for the info guys, works very well.

Managed to score 3rd in singles today and 1st in doubles btw :) Almost made it to GFs, was going against IC's so I banned FD, so they switched to MK and went to frigate on game 5 and I lost T_T

Top Bottom