• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That or it's hard for nintendo to think of something unique for Yoshi to do. Hell, even SMBZ had a problem making Yoshi fight, it eventually turned into a lot of custom sprites to make Yoshi not useless while fighting. (Super Mario Bros Z)

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Yoshi was pretty epic in SMBZ. But yea I can imagine it would've been somoewhat difficult. Just need to think outside the box for making Yoshi fight. For the most part they did a good job.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
They kept melee fox on PM and Yoshi can't be broken too?

D

Deleted member 189823

^
You know, the other day I was on my channel managing videos, and I came across two old matches in Brawl Minus, and I got reminded just how great and fun that hack is. It really is so broken it's balanced. x)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The current build for Yoshi Minus basically makes him super mobile. The point is to use your mobility to destroy people. Down B cancels while retaining momentum, you can cancel out of Egg Roll which moves faster, and you have three jumps. It's pretty awesome.

Oh, and Usmash is super strong. It's so fun.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Hello all!

Just for the people that don't know yet, I'm here to inform you that Aib is shut down forever; however there will be a random date to when Aib will open one last time and shut down for good. Nealdt (the site owner) has abandoned his website (for garbage going on in his website creation). Just a heads up (since no one knows a dang thing that goes on).

Thank you for your time. You all return to whatever you were doing.

Good day~

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>taking wifi seriously
I mean really, that just goes to show how bad that site and community for it was. (yes AiB and Smashboards are kinda two different communities)

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Well the site wasn't bad. It had great features and all that stuff but the people in it were bad. Smashboards also has its fair share of bad members that make it less enjoyable to come here but it wasn't near as bad as AiB. After a certain point, you couldn't make ANY type of post without it being overrun by kids, trolls, stupid nonsense and flaming. Activity died and then the trolling got worse while bad mods weren't doing their jobs and it all just kinda fell apart lol. I don't think anyone really cares since all it is now is a site run by idiots and trolls. Not to mention it kept crashing lol.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
So yoshi is finally confirmed in PM,is anyone going to play with him?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'll try out P:M if somebody brings a wii with it, people are playing it, they wanna play somebody else, and put the controller in my hands.
So basically very likely not gonna touch P:M since SA barely does anything. Hell even the MLP/Doctor Who get together thing starting Saturday we're very likely to play Mario 3D world all day/night and league over Brawl and P:M.

D

Deleted member 189823

Well the site wasn't bad. It had great features and all that stuff but the people in it were bad. Smashboards also has its fair share of bad members that make it less enjoyable to come here but it wasn't near as bad as AiB. After a certain point, you couldn't make ANY type of post without it being overrun by kids, trolls, stupid nonsense and flaming. Activity died and then the trolling got worse while bad mods weren't doing their jobs and it all just kinda fell apart lol. I don't think anyone really cares since all it is now is a site run by idiots and trolls. Not to mention it kept crashing lol.
):
I thought it was because their were many bad/casual players there...I actually got impressed every time I played a moderately decent/solid player, and would add them and commend them on it.

Isn't just about everybody here likely to? :p Then again, depends who's got access to PM. I for one will.
I don't even play Melee (not saying PM'ers necessarily do), I'm terrible at it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I couldn't get into it because they completely changed how Lucario played so much. He needs to be played so aggressivly, but that's just melee I guess. Aggression is heavily rewarded in that game it seems.

Although, I'll defenitly give it another shot as Yoshi. I think Yoshi might translate better from brawl to melee, since he keeps a lot of his techs. <3

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Only tech Yoshi lost from Melee to brawl is his crouching power shield trick that I can think of. Also Project M feels kinda like Brawl Minus I believe with the cancelable side-B but doesn't have the down B cancel.

Depster

Smash Champion
And DJC. That one's important. And a kill move in dsmash. And a good combo game. And as quick as yoshi is in brawl, he was a lot quicker in melee. And egg toss trajectories were more dynamic.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im just happy Yoshi can finally jump out of shield.

Hoestly though, aside from switching to 64 utilt, the only real changes I can see to Yoshi aside from minor hitbox/frame data/knockback changes they made is adding DJC back, fixing his shield, and egg roll cancels. The basic changes Yoshi mains have always asked for lol. How it took so long to change so little, Ill never know.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
And DJC. That one's important. And a kill move in dsmash. And a good combo game. And as quick as yoshi is in brawl, he was a lot quicker in melee. And egg toss trajectories were more dynamic.
DJC for yoshi only worked in melee if you did a move lol
We can do it in brawl but only with special moves, and again if you count DR since we cancel our DJ by using any aerial to wavedash.

Also ya, tbh I see myself playing minus before I even touch P:M.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I'd have to get used to DJC if i ever got into P:M. Probably kill myself severy times over. Correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt that limit his aerial game but boost his ground/combo game? I've never played melee...

I loved Brawl minus Yoshi though

Top Bottom