• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No I don't. I'm honestly confused about this situation. Reading GYK's posts just makes me even more confused. Who mains what now...?
lol oh god my brain hurts even more, just gonna mention another subject and say I don't think anybody in this thread worships gyk, so I find it hard to believe anyone does worship him unless he means a bunch of nobodies on wifi.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
@ Raptor, k I got it. You all know that Yoshi loses when pressured to a breaking point.

@ Slushster, What? I don't understand what you're trying to imply. Honesty I don't.

"Worship?" Um, nope, they just look up to my game-play and stuff. I seriously have no idea what you mean at times.

I'm actually starting to believe that you're trolling me.

One minute you're joining the conversation. The next minute you're typing stuff about people that blocked me, and that no one worships me.

You're uh, kinda nutty huh X)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You do know worship also means "looking up" to someone.

1. To honor and love as a deity.
2. To regard with ardent or adoring esteem or devotion.

"Looking up" to you, "adoring" your playstyle. Come on....
Anyways while I do tend to troll, I at least tell people when I am, people who frequent this thread and occasionally pop into the skype chat also know I'm serious most of the time even when trolling.
Also, you're more or less the one popping in, we were talking about P:M characters being buffed/nerfed and how much flake brawl gets before you came in randomly spouting Raptor being predictable in brawl still.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Is that what it's all about? I always tease Raptor (as he does the same thing).

PM is bad, I've played it and it's not even close to the superemacy of Melee. Honestly, Brawl looks better than PM. I prefer to keep it short (no detail included).

Edit: K, now stop responding things to me X)

Seems I broke the thread again.

Bye all~

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Project M isn't supposed to be Melee's sequel, nor is Brawl, they're their own separate games as they should be. If you wanna bash Brawl/PM over Melee then just go play Melee and let Brawl/PM players be, it's a stupid war that fills these boards with nothing but nonsense. :s

And yeah people unfortunately seem to hate Yoshi no matter what, just something we've gotta live with.

I thought real life had enough drama, but these boards are just exhausting and draining even just to read through.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
People hate Yoshi because he's different and people dont like different.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Not just in smash but a lot of people hate Yoshi's character in general. I previously thought such a thing couldn't be possible.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I tend to not care if people hate Yoshi or not. All that matters is that there's a group of people that love the **** out of him.

Hell, if anybody here plays league, maybe I'll do what /vg/ suggested once to anybody in the threads that stream that we're all subjected to wear (santa) hats when streaming. Though in this case fer me I'd do a Yoshi hat with a Santa one on top.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi da bess his game is the best 2d platformer of all time and he's cute, but no one knows how to play him at smash

gyk is the tupac of yoshis which means he's amazing

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
ic: camp, don't face them because they will grab your nose
falco: bait him so you fight him in the air, on the ground be careful of side b and jab especially. you can trade sh double laser with an egg but if he expects that we will down b or side b. fighting falco is all about reads and they often think they can beat yoshi braindead so use that in your advantage
mk: eat him. if he expects to be eaten 59.99$ or egg lay can work. watch your landings especially and throw eggs when he nado's like a scrub
olimar: easy, most of your aerials beat pikmin, you gotta play that mu aggressively, you can punish him for free when he's in the air, 59.99$>pikmin
ddd: freeeeeeeeee just don't fish for the kill basically and when he's close, it's pretty much about if you hit him when he spotdodges or you grab him when he shields
tl: you **** him on the ground, iirc dash attack beats a lot of landings but yeah it's kinda like falco except more annoying for yoshi. just expect the tl **** that every tl does and punish it accordingly instead of choking hard because he's hard to hit but he managed to land a stupid upsmash on your nose or something
fox: don't stay on the ledge or recover on it often because usmash will hit your nose. don't fish for the kill and don't get flustered. don't throw eggs ever except for zoning him when he's offstage/in the air AND if you have stage control, which is hard to have vs fox because he's fast. fighting fox is all about not choking, even when you can't ps his metal feet and such yoshi is still better moveset-wise

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Wut. Very likely late but seeing the IC bit made me want to help out a tad. I wonder if I still have it in me after not playing the game seriously since August.

Ice ****ters: Play aggressive when you seperate them, landing Egg lays help in doing that. Don't throw it out randomly so he can easily punish you, do it smart and carefully.
Avoid blizzard since that's kinda annoying fer Yoshi, camping only works when a stage length away from them cause otherwise they gonna chase after you from the decent cooldown Egg throw has after using it, or just space themselves away from you enough to hit you for 1 or 3% with blizzard just to be annoying. Ah, don't camp the ledge either, icicles eat through it and we'll get hit by em eventually since they can desync themselves to space out the two projectiles while one egg hits the one in front and the one in back hits our nose.

Falco: Lose. If anything, just gonna have to constantly full hop his camping and slowly inch by inch towards him from constantly hopping or even ducking under them if they don't seem anywhere near the ground. Nair/pivot grab his side-B's if you think he's gonna use em, don't challenge him in the air cause dair is dumb, if you feel like it of course Uair randomly outprioritizes it.

MK: Camp, play smart, tack on damage with Usmash whenever you get the chance, not much else like Falco I can say lol.

Olimar: Don't try and camp against him, he's a thousand times better and faster than you. He can either camp back while powershielding your eggs here or there, or just get his pikmin set up instead of tacking on damage with the garbage pikmin. Egglay is kinda good in this MU, puts him high in the air and you can Dsmash his pikmin before they go levitating back up to him. Our tilts are kinda good in this MU cause of how fast they are like his smashes. Don't chase him in the air offstage just throw eggz, if above the stage near the ceiling you can try tacking on one or two Uair damage since he's likely to spam whistle or just get the 9% from eggs if you wanna be safe.

DayDayDay: Bair is good, but space it well cause he can grab you of course after the animation ends and you're still tilting your stick towards him instead of away after the first tail whip. Egglay werks really well for just juggling him and getting free %. Dunn chase offstage for obvious reasons, eggs are good in this MU only when he's in the air. His Bair and I believe F-tilt has enough knockback/damage to break our Super armor so don't challenge it at any %.

Tink: Zair is annoying for us so avoid that if you can, but cause tink has no killing moves that aren't predictable. Just use Yoshi's mobility to go around his projectiles and tack on damage till you see a chance to hit him. Bair is kinda good in this MU too.

Fox: Don't use any smash attacks lol. They last too long and amount of time till you can start doing stuff again is long enough for Fox to easily go in and USmash. If he's in the air and about to go down, most likely gonna use Dair, if you feel like it challenge with Uair cause it might work more than half the time, if don't then shield it from the ground and wait for him to do something before spotdodging out of the egg or rolling, cause you don't want him to Dsmash/Usmash us for randomly doing either of those things despite him not doing anything after landing.
Camping against him is also a bad idea, can easily shine and punish even when other side of stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2B8C6lQT2U

Granted it's two years old I believe and my 2nd or 3rd time fighting him. First time I tried just camping against him, didn't werk cause he's a really aggressive player so I changed to aggressive playstyle next time I fought him.
Will say while this is an absolutely dreadful example, the last 2 or 3 times I played Megafox and played more carefully in my aggressive play we were actually even each time going to game 3 last stock. I think it was one of the Subway fight nights we have every year I believe in SA where he said he thought he was gonna lose to me. (man, I always been getting videos of me when doing bad, never of gud moments like Woodlawn ; ; )

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
There is always a feeling I get when my name is mentioned.

@ Tarex, just let me go bro. I'm not amazing nor am I YoshiKing. Just a regular brawler~

@ Dep, no, just no, let me go and get on with your conversation's about tricky match-ups.

And my name isn't GYK. I prefer to end him and get on with a new chapter (and that's to main Link). Yoshi still will always be my epic Dino. But I'm not a Yoshi main anymore. I will always have the knowledge about Yoshi, but I'll never be using him and that's that.

Take care Yoshi boards~

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Would you guys feel that Yoshi's saving grace vs Falco is the CG? Granted ik the timing is strict but i do believe I have it down.

@Slush Your Yoshi is pretty smooth. C: That first stock was awesome.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The saving grace against Falco is that Falco is light as **** so we can actually kill him sometimes.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yoshi vs Falco on a high level of play is extremely frustrating for us on almost every end. He's able to shut out a ton of options and placements we want to be at because of lasers and his powerful CQC game. Our most powerful position is to be in midrange where Falco doesn't feel comfortable using lasers and doesn't want to commit to using a dash attack or side B. We have direct punishes for reading those mistakes, which happen to be dash grab (the easiest option). Most amateur Falco's will chose to use dash attack or side B, though more experienced ones will know how to mix things up.

The other portion that we need to have some advantage is stage control. Falco instantly excels at this because of his tools, so when we get the grab and CG him offstage, we have to be able to either keep him offstage whether it's through CGs or through other punishes. Without being in mid range + having stage control, the matchup is extremely frustrating to fight.

Scatz

Smash Champion
He doesn't have to if he locks the stage down correctly. It's always great to get a kill when Yoshi gets in kill range, but Falco definitely doesn't need to rush the kill since we're forced to get close to make Falco do anything else other than shoot lasers. That method plays a big factor if we get the kill first, but on the same stock or us being down a stock, it's hell for us to get close, let alone getting the kill.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Falco doesn't need to worry about killing us at all because we take tons of damage to get to him and in doing so, we put ourselves in dangerous positions. Also, in order to get anything going we need to make a read, and our read options are extremely punishable. If we make a wrong read, it's a pretty easy Usmash for the kill.

Also, we take just as long to kill him because he can just stay so safe.

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Since were on the topic of Mu's someone please explain the Peach mu and what to do when Peach is using floating dair I felt like i had no options when i tried to shield it.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Use Bair to force her to move backwards. Eggs will disrupt her completely, but use it only when you're not in range to get smacked with the crown. Her aerial pressure is stupid high, so it's not worth the trouble to shield her attacks if you're going for a counter attack.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Actually enjoying PM now once I stopped trying to play all these rushdown characters and started playing The Bowze.
Watched a ton of vids on him and learned how to play obnoxiously defensive with him.
Also crouch canceling and armoring through moves with a f-smash getting kills at 40% is hilarious.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Also on the topic of Peach, I find challenging Dair from below to be obnoxiously janky/difficult, so I always prefer coming from the side rather than below. Usually from the front cuz Bair is actually quick.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The only region in the world outside of maybe japan that's active.
Either way kewl to be PR'd in a tough region. Closest I ever got was almost hitting B-tier before TX scene died off in early 2012.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
is this where I post my P.M. Yoshi? is there a thread for p.m.. sorry for bothering, i'm using smashboards on my phone and it's difficult to see.. i just clicked on my notifications... :( i can post here, if not someone link me to where i can

<3 yoshis

no yoshi hate, we are all brothers regardless of what yoshi from what version we play.. :)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
is this where I post my P.M. Yoshi? is there a thread for p.m.. sorry for bothering, i'm using smashboards on my phone and it's difficult to see.. i just clicked on my notifications... :( i can post here, if not someone link me to where i can

<3 yoshis

no yoshi hate, we are all brothers regardless of what yoshi from what version we play.. :)

Vman!

There's actually a P.M. character discussion forum. Here's Yoshi's place: http://smashboards.com/forums/yoshi.420/

Although it looked like you'd found it already. But here it is just in case. =P

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Anyone else feel PM Yoshi's a bit broken?:p DownB is way stronger than I could have ever imagined it to be. Yoshi for S-tier!

Also, anyone got Miiverse here?

Scatz

Smash Champion
PM Yoshi is stupid good. I'm expecting a nerf in possibly the next patch when people get used to his tech skill. The parts of Brawl and Melee he has in P:M makes his recovery better than average and his offensive game is stupid that still has similar connections to his Brawl setups (jab > downB/dsmash) along with melee type kills. Dsmash gives him a much easier kill now.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yea, his ****ing d-smash surprised me first time I was hit by it. Did not expect it to be turned into a kill move.
Despite his offense and pressure being bonkers, his recovery still feels pretty bad. I'll wait for a couple tournaments to come up to see for myself what people are able to do with him once they overcome the skill barrier it takes to play him, but it definitely looks like he can be a big threat.

I also wanna see how mewtwo pans out to be as well. It seems like he has a really high tech barrier too, but Yoshi feels like he gets a lot more immediate pay off for learning him. Mewtwo teleport shenanigans will be really entertaining to watch. <3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well Yoshi's dsmash was his best kill move in Melee so its not surprising at all really lol.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I enjoy both Brawl and P:M Yoshi. More-so brawl but i do like exploring the nee technologies of P:M yoshi.

I would play him more but I have no one to practice with online. Playing PM Yoshi online is ****ing stupid hard and annoying.

Top Bottom