• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I actually know one person in Raptor's pool. Teachable, an MK who was also in the Tier Breakers tourney. Hmm....he's good but i'm sure Raptor can beat him.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Don't toss eggs like we usually do, those don't help us at all and do the opposite by helping Kirby instead most of the time.
Pivot grab ****s up dat dere kirbeh. All of our aerials outside of maybe Uair is bad against him since his bair has more range or is faster than the other three aerials.
DJ nair if getting caught in usual Kirbeh grab combos, and please don't chase dat annoyin' kirbeh offstage.

It's a game of tag, but whoever is tagged the most dies eventually from being poked too hard.
Patience and not blindly going in or throwing out smash attacks early on, just give love taps to each other till one of you dies, cause we're both kinda hard to kill and both have only 2 or 3 reliable killing moves at high percentage.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
My pool:
http://challonge.com/apexbp8z
MX's pool:
http://challonge.com/apexbp26z
Lynn's pool:
http://challonge.com/apexbp28z
Egmans pool:
http://challonge.com/apexbp29z

We all gonna drown :awesome:

Fun fact: Each Yoshi will probably fight someone who actually has Yoshi mu experience. K9 plays Yoshiken. Roller played Hades a lot. Kai has played both me and delta. MintyFlesh plays me way too much.

Also MX cause dat upset against MikeHaze!
Re-looking at Egman's pool, "YoshiForce" another Yoshi is also in there. Too bad he wasn't actually able to make it to Apex iirc.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
How was Apex guys? Haven't heard anything back from anyone about it yet.

There was a tourney that fell on the same day so I didn't get to watch the stream. (Still waiting on our TO to upload the vids, a week later :p )
I managed to claim 1st/2nd-we didn't get to finish our finals so the final result remains to be seen.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol. Tell him to stay free and keep losing to Boozer next time you see him. :3c

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
LOL! He wishes, last time I played him (I think that was back in October at a smashfest) he barely beat my Random, and I hadnt even played that game in months. Id probably kill myself if I ever got 3 stocked by someone as scrubby as him.

D

Deleted member 189823

So I've been thinking of taking Yoshi back up. Today I played a very small bit on wifi.

Tell me...how do we NOT approach? I'm a campy player, and I don't know much else...I think I am misinterpreting the game. If I'm not a campy player, what do I do?

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
LOL! He wishes, last time I played him (I think that was back in October at a smashfest) he barely beat my Random, and I hadnt even played that game in months. Id probably kill myself if I ever got 3 stocked by someone as scrubby as him.
Not my business but LOL @ DS4 a scrub. What's so scrubby about him anyway? Why must I always type these questions... meh I'm bored. Enlighten me.?

D

Deleted member 189823

So I've been thinking of taking Yoshi back up. Today I played a very small bit on wifi.

Tell me...how do we NOT approach? I'm a campy player, and I don't know much else...I think I am misinterpreting the game. If I'm not a campy player, what do I do?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshis approach options are meh. Youre better off trying to force an approach out of your opponent most of the time. However, if you have to approach, you can do things like bair, nair, shad into ftilt, etc. Just be creative with it lol.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Never approach. Approaching sucks. Never be defensive. We don't deal well with pressure.

Yoshi sucks lol. If you plan on playing good players who play good characters, you're better off playing most other characters. For fun, he's great, but my god does he just get absolutely destroyed by good characters.

If you want to approach you can try gimmicky stuff like FH Fair > FF Nair. I stick by spacing dash grabs as a burst option, but that becomes less feasible the faster the other character is. Bair crossup/no cross mixups can kinnnnnnnnda work. SH Bair > Nair can also be considered.

Defense is all about knowing your opponent's options and what they're likely to do, and how to cover them. General tool is pivot grab, followed by Usmash. Jab/ftilt kinda work if you're feeling risky. Make sure you egg safely. Fast movement options beat eggs pretty hard.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Defensive Yoshi just doesn't work anymore. You have to go in just be creative with it. He's a very mobile character so use that for baits and tricks etc.

Yoshi really isn't a terrible character but if you're expecting to get top 8 at a big tournament or something that won't happen. Only like 9? characters are capable of doing that in this game. Yoshis only problem is lack of a real shield. With a real shield he would be a great character

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Defensive Yoshi just doesn't work anymore. You have to go in just be creative with it. He's a very mobile character so use that for baits and tricks etc.

Yoshi really isn't a terrible character but if you're expecting to get top 8 at a big tournament or something that won't happen. Only like 9? characters are capable of doing that in this game. Yoshis only problem is lack of a real shield. With a real shield he would be a great character
No defensive options + no approach options = no options unless your opponents ****s up, ie, bad

Baits and tricks are just fancy ways of saying you caught your opponent making a mistake or mispacing something, and with no solid options to force anything, yoshi is just unfortunately a lackluster character, and theres no denying that

Scatz

Smash Champion
No confident kill moves to boot. Mostly all his kill moves have to be close to hard reads.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Basically all characters that arn't in top tier are in the same boat.
Not being able to win nationals and all.

Although I do feel bad for yoshi players that are devoted to there character and still have trouble in locals. Heres hoping you guys get a much needed buff next game. I'd like for him to be good for once. Him and Link. Ya'll are do~!

Top Bottom