• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
O shoot, whats Reflex doing in the Yoshi threads :o

:006:
Btw, learning DR... is so hard :/
Such a useful tech though...

I need to start coming by here more often

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Okay... I don't suppose anyone here uses a yellow yoshi online? o.O

I was online the other day and met a yellow yoshi in basic brawl who knew a few tricks I doubt a casual player would know...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Airbourne, wtf are you doing using brawl's online?

or...could it possibly be...

GYK?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I occasionally use Yoshi online, but I doubt it was me.

Only thing I know how to do is B reverse :lick:

You're learning the character to Xiro?

Hm.
Just know that not all techniques are necessary to learn for yoshi. He's a character that you can really make your own. If I remember correctly, Polt, the former best Yoshi wasn't that technical.

Its nice to know them just so you see what you like though. Double Jump Cancelled egg lay was my jaaaaaam.

GYK?

Lol. I recently busted his alt account.

It wasn't that hard to figure out. He made another account, and continously talked about how awesome GYK is, despite GYK not having any vids of himself online, and there being no way to know who your fighting on random brawl. He also couldn't form a proper sentence and stalked around for hours after he left a post.

AND THEN OH MAN, another GYK account appeared after I called him out.
It was pretty great.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
O_o
Learning?

He was, like, my main for the longest time dude xD
Remember? I was that super-aggro Yoshi-dude when I first came here.

No defensive skills whatsoever :006:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
O_o
Learning?

He was, like, my main for the longest time dude xD
Remember? I was that super-aggro Yoshi-dude when I first came here.

No defensive skills whatsoever :006:

I didn't know you main him though. Thats awesome! If it makes ya feel better I like, never defend either. I just like, run around and throw until they do something dumb that I can punish. :V

Also get a wii already. Or i'm seriously opening up a "Get Xiro a Wii" donation box or something. :I

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Polt knew a few things, just I tried teaching him how to Platform Cancel and B-reverse at least.
Stage shenanigans on YI he already knew, but his problem was still B-reversing and he sometimes eggrolled. Costed him a game against someone I can't remember once.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh, seriously?

Lol wow. And I thought he just was being unorthodox when he whipped out aerial egg rolls. Its the best when I see him get away with stuff like that. =p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol, youd be surprised how often you can get away with egg roll cuz nobody ever expects it. I swear, since I love to screw around a troll, I hit with it like, 3 times a game and rarely whiff it (although I dont use it often against chars like MK, Snake, Diddy, and Lucario cuz they can avoid/counter it super easy). Also, I play sooooo defensive lol. I screw up the timing on my own tournaments cuz my matches go to time a lot lol. Mostly cuz everyone here uses Top/High tiers so I, with my silly little Bowser/Yoshi shenanigans, have to be patient to actually get anything done lol.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
How does a person play Yoshi in FFAs? Moment i shield i'm stuck
Yoshi sucks in FFAs. =/

Just Usmash everything. Or, if items are present, play the item control game. Yoshi's pretty good at getting to items.

I personally try to stay out of most conflicts because Yoshi doesn't have any long lasting/high range/high priority attacks that he can box people out in FFAs with. Grabs in FFAs don't really work...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
These are casuals guys, they fall for dumb stuff but hate cheese. I'm trying to not drive everyone away from playing with me. (and if I play only Ike i will do that) How do you get rid of need to press shield? Its such a crutch for me

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^ This. In that case, really abuse your jab, its great. Pivot grab is a good defensive option if youve got one guy really sticking to you, and bair will also wall anybody who is REALLY trying to force their way in. Yoshi is still really bad in groups though, and doesnt have any good aoe attacks whatsoever, as well as a lot of his moveset are more built for 1v1s, so youll have to just try and poke from the outside and just knock people away as they come for you with bairs, nairs, throws, etc. If you get stuck in the fray, usmash is your friend, as it reaches the furthest and knocks everyone away from you so you can duck out again. As for killing, uair is your friend. Its fast and safe, and in a group setting it shouldnt decay as you wont be using it too much. If you get focused by more than one person and they start chasing you down, your best option is to retreating bair, nairs to get them away, just hit the ledge if they persist. Fsmash can be decent in group settings if they dont see you, but definitely dont spam it, and if you know where someone is going to be hit, definitely take your chances to do 'team combos' to chip in damage.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
You guys are dumb. Just wait until a walk off stage comes up and then hide in the area between where you're visible and where you become a bubble, that way new players won't even know you're still in the match since they can't see you.

Derp.

Edit: Gashi's post is actually wrong. Disregard it. So much effort put into a post with basic stuff. >:L

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well i has more success against the casuals with Yoshi this week. I just didn't shield as much and used pivot grab. Pivot grab too gud..

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well i has more success against the casuals with Yoshi this week. I just didn't shield as much and used pivot grab. Pivot grab too gud..
Yoshi and Lucas have great pivot grabs... someone like ZSS has a stupid pivot grab, which makes you feel all the more stupid when she gets it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So apparently theres something called the 17th place curse with yoshi.

First tourney I went too, I used lucario threw out the whole thing. I made a sudden switch to yoshi at the last second, and got knocked into losers, and like the ditz I was, I forgot it was double elimation and completely forgot about my second match, dooming me to 17th place.

I kinda believe it. ._. EVEN THE LAST TOURNEY I WENT TO! All Lucario, but still got 17th. Its like, because he was my first main I can't wipe the yoshi offa me.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yoshi's I'll be seeing at Apex!?!?

Who's going, I better see ALL of you there.. :)

I don't even play your game... but we Yoshi brethren gotta REUNITE RIGHT!?!?!?

<3 ya'll

~Vman~

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

<3 ya'll

~Vman~
You know that as much as I love Ness and Lucas, Yoshi has like always been my favourite VG character of all time. Ness and Lucas are pretty close though, might even be even.

I used to main yoshi in 64 before I mained Ness.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Scatz' curse tho.
I like to imagine you in the background at all my tourneys, waving a magic 17th place wand, silently dooming me.

Yes, thats it.
Thats why i'm bad.

<3 ya'll

~Vman~
Whatta bro~ <3 Now thats some lean mean green spirit!

I'll be going to Apex, but i'll be using Lucario primarily in tourney. At the very least i'll do a butt ton of friendlies with him.
I'm the stud in the Rainbow Beanie, Tiedie rainbow shirt and yoshi backpack slamming Monster Drinks~ <3

Scatz

Smash Champion
LOL, or rather I'm behind you, telling you to step up or else I'll make you keep that placement. Besides, my curse is 13th. 17th is other Yoshi's (and of course Delta's <3).

I won't be at Apex unless a miracle happens. Way too much going on with my life to afford it or take time to go.

Top Bottom