• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
So WHOBO 4 should have
Me
Alejandro
Polt
Slush?(he lives in TX, right?)
Because we all live probably relatively close to it. Defiantly closer than apex.

And then Zz.

Moar yoshis plox!
I have family that lives 45 minutes from Houston. I'm pumped cause itll be my first national.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They should fly me out, itd only cost like $200 max cuz im so close lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I heard. I dont care really, and I wouldnt be able to make it anyway so whatever.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I heard. I dont care really, and I wouldnt be able to make it anyway so whatever.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I like the Apex ruleset. No more brinstar and RC yay! I might show up to that kotc4 BC.. if my sister's birthday doesn't get in the way

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I like the Apex ruleset. No more brinstar and RC yay! I might show up to that kotc4 BC.. if my sister's birthday doesn't get in the way
hype mini luigi v.s ike crew battle. jk lol. aw man I mean it's your sis, but ok. I'll try to come to. All dependent on who is available to drive on LI.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
dunno know about mini since I'll probably be the only Ike there... it also wouldn't be the first time I missed a tourney due to my sister's birthday. I missed clash of the titans 4 cause of it. (luckily)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I really hate having no one near me to car pool with. Getting a car is hard when there are 5 drivers and only 4 cars at my house ._. And its expensive driving alone

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
There has been a sudden influx of people who want to use the japanese ruleset since they think playing like the japanese will make them better.

Which is false, its just working harder since that's what the japanese did, not the rules they used.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
They're rules make them work harder.

Having 3 base stages that have no change to them at all is very significant.

When we're learning stage gimmicks at RC, they're learning how to fight each other.

You can't time someone out on a 10 minute timer.
(well you could, but not happenin...)

Luigisama

Smash Champion

When we're learning stage gimmicks at RC, they're learning how to fight each other.

they are also learning how to read and adapt.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
There has been a sudden influx of people who want to use the japanese ruleset since they think playing like the japanese will make them better.

Which is false, its just working harder since that's what the japanese did, not the rules they used.
This.

Their rules aren't what make them work harder. When you're playing friendlies with someone, what are you doing? Probably randoming the 5 starters (FD, BF, SV, YI, Lylat). But instead of actually, you know, practicing, you're probably ****ing around. Using characters that aren't your main and that you'd never think of using in tournament. Or, even if you're using your main, not playing to win/improve, but to just try stupid **** that you'd never do in tournament.

It's not our stagelist, tournament ruleset, or character legality that make us worse than Japan. It's our mindset. We don't practice to get better on a personal level. We just switch to better characters. We don't play for pride, we play for money. So instead of caring about being better than your opponent, we care about winning. That's it.

Also, I could definitely time someone out on a 10 minute timer. Don't test me, bro.

"What're you doing Mega Man?"
"Aw nothing I'm just...I'm just running to the right and...JUMPIN' AND SHOOTIN'"
YINK! <3

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Oh I have no trouble believing you could time someone out on a 10 minute timer.

But normal people who aren't godlike at camping can't.
I rarely time people out.

Anywho, when I play friendlies I typically go to all starter and CP stages.
Having a brother who plays smash means I have practice daily. We usually spend an hour or so on random legal stages.

Majority of the time we use our mains, and some pockets.

I lose because I play for neither money nor glory. I play for fun.

And get double eliminated.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Friendlies, i play seriously, but I do more risker stuff.. Mainly because I'm trying to get better at using riskier stuff at a higher level. (since well one hard read with Ike tends to be a stock xD)

If i use other characters, its either to understand them better, or to see if I can pick up something for my main.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Friendlies, i play seriously, but I do more risker stuff.. Mainly because I'm trying to get better at using riskier stuff at a higher level. (since well one hard read with Ike tends to be a stock xD)

If i use other characters, its either to understand them better, or to see if I can pick up something for my main.
Yeah, I tend to try out some different edge guarding tactics in friendlies, but a lot of the time you see people doing like...impractical stuff. I did mention that in my first post. =P Stuff you'd never do in tournament. I like to try out more egg traps or whatever, maybe some more trade situations, but I do spend a lot of time working on my zoning, etc. As an example, I timed someone out in friendlies this past weekend. ;)

Delta <3. I bet you missed me, don't worry...here I am..
Yesh. <3

Top Bottom