• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Religion talk doesnt upset me, but I find it boring as I really dont care about it at all.

D

Deleted member

Ya i dont think people shouldnt have faith.
its just when people talk in definitives its silly me thinks.

Edit: ZZ I cant believe u compared the lucario yoshi matchup to the falco yoshi matchup. I am outraged.
They arent even comparable, lucario is 10x worse for yoshi.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
idk man, falcos make me rage harder than lucario.

usually its starting out a fair distance from a falco and they approach with lasers. i try to go high to get in close and that fine until i get shieldgrabbed or i fail and do something else wrong zzzzz

lucario i just play passive-aggressive. if they spam i spam or i get in close and bait fsmashes. sadly not much to do if they get above me.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi does so much to falco. Yoshi does almost nothing to lucario. That's what it comes down to for me. Falco and lucario can both do a lot to yoshi, but yoshi can actually get reliable damage on falco, can jungle him, pressure him, and gimp him. To lucario? Yoshi can zone him sometimes. 2 hit combo? Edgeguard maybe, but rare. Not kill him, thats for sure.

Sure falco camps and is annoying, but falco does that to all characters. Its usually the characters that can do stuff to falco once they get in that beat him or go even. Like MK, Pika, Ics, snake (not sure on that matchup). Some characters absoultely can't get in, but yoshi has the airspeed to, luckily.

Lucario is just awful, its not unwinnable by any means, but its very bad. Getting the kill is so hard and lucario just racks up damage soo easy on yoshi. Early up air kills can sometimes let yoshi get into the match, and yoshi can actually do ok with a lead.

Also, falco wants that grab, so you can just play with that. Lucario doesnt really want anything.

D

Deleted member

>.>
good answer.
u just lose to some random utah falco so you think its bad xD

Remind me of a yoshi ever beating a good lucario?
Please

but i digress this is social :p im just procrastinating
college application is stressful

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
No, Falco is not even comparable to Lucario. I can say with exactness that Lucario is way worse. I have played plenty of both, and Lucario is a thousand times worse.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
#1 in my state uses Lucario and owns me, #5 in my state uses Falco and the games are close. I have a lot of experience in BOTH those MUs. Falco is worse, just not by a lot. The difference between the two is, Falco gives you a free 50% if you go anywhere near him at low percent with his CG, Lucario gives you 30% off a good read if you dont DI well at low percent. They both are hard to approach and kill, and Lucario throws moderate speed aura spheres at you, while Falco is shoving buckets of lasers down your throat. Falco up close has a frame 2 jab, lasers to give him lagless landings, and usmash which can be dacus'd and kills really well, Lucario has a frame 6 jab, his only quick moves are aerials, and he can only kill reliably when at high percent.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
#1 and 4 in my state use Falco, and #9 and my wife uses Lucario. I also have a lot of experience with these MUs. Yes, while Falco has better mix-ups, grab game, and overall better offensive tools, he doesn't have anything defensively against us. We can do a huge amount of damage up close to Falco if we gain the momentum. We have plenty of tools to use against him too. Also, his usmash is his only reliable killing move. When Lucario gets to high percent (and he will, because there is hardly a time when we are going to kill Lucario before he gets there), then practically everything in his arsenal kills, and you might as well just give up the match if he gets a stock lead.

Lucario's offensive tools aren't as great as Falcos, but they are still good. What sets him apart is his defensive tools. He outprioritizes so many of our good moves in our moveset. It is so hard to get anything done on Lucario. Gaining good stage control and momentum in a match is next to impossible. With Falco though, I never have much of a problem with that.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Use more dsmash on Lucario in your mix ups and gimp better, and what do you mean we do massive damage up close to Falco? We do just as much to Lucario and dont have that 'if I screw this up it's a free laser combo or jab for him'. Falco builds damage better, he outcamps us better, he kills us better, Falco's recovery against us is better, and much more. I dont see how having all of that doesnt make him worse than Lucario. All Lucario has is dair to stop our kill moves, so instead of trying to force uairs and usmashes, how about you nair or dsmash and get better at gimping? At least when we play Lucario, we CAN camp, and at least we CAN safely use mix ups in his face, with Falco all of that is either pointless or a huge risk.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
#1 in my state uses Lucario and owns me, #5 in my state uses Falco and the games are close. I have a lot of experience in BOTH those MUs. Falco is worse, just not by a lot. The difference between the two is, Falco gives you a free 50% if you go anywhere near him at low percent with his CG, Lucario gives you 30% off a good read if you dont DI well at low percent. They both are hard to approach and kill, and Lucario throws moderate speed aura spheres at you, while Falco is shoving buckets of lasers down your throat. Falco up close has a frame 2 jab, lasers to give him lagless landings, and usmash which can be dacus'd and kills really well, Lucario has a frame 6 jab, his only quick moves are aerials, and he can only kill reliably when at high percent.
no one in our state uses lucario lol, why are you lying to these scrubs about lucario, he can chain grab yoshi for days and auraspheres are like little sex kick hitboxes all up in your airdodges and hitting your ultra ****ty shield for free grabs/combos, where as wit falcos splaser splams you just LOL TWO FRAME SPOT DAWDGE

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario's spacing tools kinda destroy yoshi... Fair/Ftilt all day long :/

not to mention lucario's moveset is made to trap dodges, making it easy for lucario to pressure since yoshi can't punish him OOS.

@mars- Lucario can't CG Yoshi. he can only Uthrow CG fox, wolf, ganondorf and CF. sideB can be mashed out of before the throw.

and Zz, I'll make you lose hope in the MU when we play : D

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lucario's spacing tools kinda destroy yoshi... Fair/Ftilt all day long :/

not to mention lucario's moveset is made to trap dodges, making it easy for lucario to pressure since yoshi can't punish him OOS.

@mars- Lucario can't CG Yoshi. he can only Uthrow CG fox, wolf, ganondorf and CF. sideB can be mashed out of before the throw.

and Zz, I'll make you lose hope in the MU when we play : D
foward b CG, all day, yoshis cant mash.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
no one in our state uses lucario lol, why are you lying to these scrubs about lucario, he can chain grab yoshi for days and auraspheres are like little sex kick hitboxes all up in your airdodges and hitting your ultra ****ty shield for free grabs/combos, where as wit falcos splaser splams you just LOL TWO FRAME SPOT DAWDGE
I hardly read Gashis posts anyways, but this new post talking about how there's no Lucario's in Utah...
Along with the trevonte incident and Top 5 Brawl thread fanatics. I don't even know if I should even pay attention to the name now.. Cause It's kinda hard to distribute if Gashi is lying or not.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I wish you couldn't mash out... because then luc wouldn't lose so bad to fox, and he'd probably beat falco and wolf. Because luc could CG to the edge than pummel release > gimp :(
thatd be gay. we dont need more falcos.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
not really... landing sideB on spacies is hard because they're so fast and the grab is frame 9. not to mention the grabbox on it is tiny and if you miss you're very unsafe.
jab>side b is really easy on spacies. like ******** easy. cant let you do that falco

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
but they never discuss lucario in the lucario boards : (

only furry stuff : (
^this.

Trela lives in my state. We got some good falcos too(ALSM, Fhero)

as someone who has never fought these people, I suggest we move MU discussion to the MU thread, and we can talk about that totes adorbs pic of yoshi holding a block.

:phone:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
jab>sideB doesn't work. this isn't 08. even if they don't DI they can lolspotdodge it.
obv wait for the spotdodge if they spotdodge.
Because random people who don't matter are having a completely different discussion about a completely irrelevant character.
plus its like a traced drawing bro.

but they never discuss lucario in the lucario boards : (

only furry stuff : (
all that fur ******ry and no metagame.

^this.

Trela lives in my state. We got some good falcos too(ALSM, Fhero)

as someone who has never fought these people, I suggest we move MU discussion to the MU thread, and we can talk about that totes adorbs pic of yoshi holding a block.

:phone:
adorable stuff is for fur****, yall shud move to the lucario thread.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
nope, they can jab. they can also probably roll. they can also actually DI and get out of range. other stuff is better because it usually covers more options.
which is why its easy to land, all those options are really weak options that you have more(safe) time than they do in which to prepare

Steam

Smash Hero
which is why its easy to land, all those options are really weak options that you have more(safe) time than they do in which to prepare
uhh if you're going to sideB you have to do it right away. the only way it lands is if they do absolutely nothing. :/

you should just try doing it against a competent falco/fox/wolf. it's very difficult :/

-Mars-

Smash Hero
uhh if you're going to sideB you have to do it right away. the only way it lands is if they do absolutely nothing. :/

you should just try doing it against a competent falco/fox/wolf. it's very difficult :/
or you can land its microscopic grabbox on them while they in the vulnerable frames of they dodges, or the vulnerable frames of their aerial or PS>sideb their jab/w.e quick nuff option

you should just try BEING a more competent lucario. its very easy :/

Top Bottom