• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol, I've Beaten every casual player I've ever faced for the last 8 months and have never placed under 7th in my area for the past 10 or so tournaments.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
X is gonna win this, GO UTAH!!

Gashi > Seibrik and Dojo cuz he beat X before.

/Inui logic

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Also, if Slush wins his next match, he faces Krystedez. =X
Slush lost in Loser's round 5 (if he had beaten Krystez then he had to play Xyro). He's probably 65th now.

Polt vs Lain since he lost to MVD in winners
Krystedez was scared of my Yoshi since I play different from polt. So instead of Wario he counterpicked Pit and beat me 2-0.
"If" I won. I could probably beat Xyro. Ooples He 2-1 me but on FD He took two stocks off me but I almost took three off him. He was surprised I almost brought the game back in one life.
Either way 65th 49th or 33rd is what i'll get. Polt is most likely 17th since he was just one round away from Pro bracket.

Polt loses to MVD and Seibrik.

Of course, Florida only loses to Florida.
P.S.: Played his Florida players but suicided once from MVD with a egg roll. And Once with Seibrik by Yoshi bombing thinking he was closer to the ledge for him to grab onto.

:320:

bigman40

Smash Master
Fail moments when so much was on the line (I'm referring to the SDing). Anyways, You lost in round 5 so iirc, that's about 65th. It might be 49th though since it's more people. Good job though.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Stop.....Naming me in rankings you motherf@ckers...
Pretty sure Socks did that on purpose. =/

P.S.: Played his Florida players but suicided once from MVD with a egg roll. And Once with Seibrik by Yoshi bombing thinking he was closer to the ledge for him to grab onto.
SDs shouldn't really count as legit johns anymore, because they really only happen when the player ****s up, however unfortunate they are.

bigman40

Smash Master
I don't care if it was on purpose. The fact that it still happens even when I stated not to name me in rankings for more than a year now is f@cking stupid and ignorant. Respect me and don't use my name for that sort of thing (and this isn't directed to just you).

Airborne

Smash Lord
SDs shouldn't really count as legit johns anymore, because they really only happen when the player ****s up, however unfortunate they are.
SD's technically should've never counted as legit johns, seeing as that they just shield your mindset for how you could've played that match better. HOWEVER, we all should continue to work on improving our techskill and spacial awareness so that we stop SDing as much. =\

I probably stock-cancel harder than anyone around here, and I do my fair share of johning about it. Back in mlg c~bus, I could've taken T1mmy to game 3, had I not let my mindset go after SDing during my 2nd stock. Because of it, I let myself get footstooled at early %'s last stock, and that concluded the set.

Face it. The main reason none of us can breach that top level of play is our mindset; we narrow our mindsets to allow just the techniques and styles that we know have worked in the past, labeling any potential advances in thought as taboo. We let simple things such as SDing and tripping delude our mindsets from seeing how we could've still won, or at least improve on preventing more dire mistakes, such as bad reads or improper spacing. The reason that the Sonic boards have proved that they can throw out 4+top level players (Shugo, X, Espy, etc.) is because they had the mindset to take them that far. We gotta show that our character can do just as well, and we have not had one person prove that yet.

TL;DR Competitive anything is a mental game above anything else, and we as a character are losing. Stay confident in terms of improving, experiment, and don't let stupid sh*t like SDing derail your mindset on what you really did wrong in the match.

I have no idea how I got carried away with this post and somehow attempt to sh*t a brick.... ****ing ADD...

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Just got back from Dallas. It was pretty intense, with Espy and X taking 5th and 6th respectively (you guys NEED to see their $750 consolation match; they may have been Sonic dittos, but they were INTENSE Sonic dittos). Too bad I only got 17th (technically 25th). I need to work on not being stupid. :laugh:

Which proves my point, but he's not getting far enough.
Well, I'm steadily improving. My main concern right now is to play smarter while still having control over Yoshi (I don't know if it was the lag from the MLG TVs, but I made a ton of technical errors this past weekend, especially against MVD).

I wish I beat Seibrik, but I was dumb in the 3rd match on Frigate. If I won, I would've have fought CO18 afterwards, and I wanted to see how my new approach to the King Dedede match-up would play out against a good player. Oh well... :ohwell:

By the way: discuss Yoshi vs. MK on PS2. I think it's probably one of Yoshi's best counterpicks for him since 3/5 of the stage transformations really hurt him. I almost JV 2-stocked Seibrik there. o_O

:069:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
SA had a canadian player in our hotel rooms. Surprised to know PS2 is a Starter for them. And skyworld is A Texting Counterpick I believe.
Also funny he's a great Marf (marth) player but faced two Meta faces and lost. (Canada banning MK FTL?)

:320:

Top Bottom