• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I might actually go to that one just for the free Dr.Pepper. Only a couple hours away so it will be worth it for all the Dr.Pepper

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Imma bring a bag of bottles to fill with Dr.Pepper

Then imma go to the NC one its only 5 hours away and get more Dr.Pepper

MLG can't handle us ;D

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I would go but I refuse to fund the machine.

Bigz, does this BigLou guy go to WABA? He better look exactly like Luigi or I'll be super upset.

bigman40

Smash Master
:yoshi: I would go but I refuse to fund the machine.

Bigz, does this BigLou guy go to WABA? He better look exactly like Luigi or I'll be super upset.
Yes, he goes to Waba (though they shut down and relocated to somewhere closer to Marietta). Every tourney he goes to, he's wearing a Weegee hat.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I would love to go to Columbus. A friend of mine just found out today that he's going to be in the area for his cousin's wedding, so he'll be able to go. It won't be that easy for me, but if I want to make it to a major Brawl event, this Summer is going to be my best chance to do so. I'm seriously considering it; I'm sure my parents will probably let me, so it'll be more a matter of getting the money together than anything else.

:005:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That just means you cant make mistakes, it takes actual skill to use yoshi, unlike some characters who come to mind... >.>

D

Deleted member

Errr all characters take a buttload of skill except meta knight up until high levels. MK at high levels also takes a buttload of skill.

Yoshi isnt really that hard to play. Im dropping him (for good :p)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Errr all characters take a buttload of skill except meta knight up until high levels. MK at high levels also takes a buttload of skill.

Yoshi isnt really that hard to play. Im dropping him (for good :p)
Its not so much that hes hard to play but hes often hard to overcome stuff with and win

D

Deleted member

He is a low tier character.

You dont have to be a better player to use him, you just have less options so you are more likely to lose, and are more succeptable to certain things depending on your character (yoshi gets shield pressured, knocked around in the air, walk and poked, etc).

Certain of those things will just work on your character, even if you are a better player.

I would say unless they know the matchup amazingly well (as in they haven't just played a yoshi a few times) you dont really have to be a better player to win a hard matchup, you just need to know the matchup better and use the element of surprise.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I basically meant learn to try and best nullify his weaknesses by learning to evade them and stuff but what you said is also exactly right

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You can't evade every weakness.

Not being able to shield is HUGE. I was effectively shield pressured recently by Falco. He just stood there next to me and I was praying that he'd hit the shield so I could slide away. I had to take a gamble and spot dodge before my shield was weak enough to shield break. I was scared as hell.

The blindspot's a pain. Getting gimped is a pain. In order for me to recover against MK, I save my jump and just eat any attack that's not Dair/SL so I can DI it up and recover high so I don't die. That's too much chip damage. The lack of a good range, strong, quick aerial sucks. I would KILL for Mario's Bair or something of the sort. We can't take people on in the air directly, it's a problem.

Argh, I'm depressed now. :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That's why I said try and best nullify it, it's not like you will ever fully cure yoshis problems it's just that if you practice avoiding or countering the situation best you can you will become a better player and become more difficult to defeat. Saying you could fix all of his problems is a lie that's never going to happen

Sharky

Smash Master
I think I'm gonna take a break from yoshi for a couple tourneys just to see if that helps my game any when I come back to him. comments?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yoshi sucks

MK snake diddy ICies and Falco are the only characters in the game that are not low tier

All the other characters are trash

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I think I'm gonna take a break from yoshi for a couple tourneys just to see if that helps my game any when I come back to him. comments?
Try Olimar. Olimar's like Yoshi but with grabs that kill, an Usmash that kills at like, 100%, but a slightly worse recovery and lighter (which helps with recovery).

I got Olimar in random teams once and he's very simple to figure out imo. Mine was decent after just a couple minutes of playing, it was pretty cool.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Lets just say this thread is one of these three cars, can anyone guess which one

Top Bottom