• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

Laijin

Smash Hero
maaaaan. I have not updated my guide in like literally 4 years. lol.
I need to get on that..
too lazy. =\

I will like to point out that Young Link racks up damage the fastest in the game(Probably besides Ganondorf). His normal BnBs can do up to 40% damage really easily(Bomb, smash boomerang, n-air chain) from literally just hit confirming his bomb while being close enough to the opponent.

Ask me specific questions please. lol.
I'll teach you stuff next week if you're at pound 5. We must money match Sir Vectorman.
Yoshi vs Young Link is one of my favorite MUs

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I would include them because Falcon's regrab tech chase is so automatic it hurts but lots of people don't do that and people are gonna be like "lolol Fox's combos suck you can SDI out mad easy even though everyone fails it and Fox can't tech chase". Many people are additionally unfamiliar with Falcon's formulaic combos vs half the cast and will be like, "Nu-uh, that doesn't work".

Which, I mean, is kind of silly. But I figured it would be safer to go with the two surefire ones...

rhan

Smash Hero
I think Laijin was trying to get at was how much damage yl can give with a single move/projectile then a chain of moves..

But I might just stay outta this one. Lol idk.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
lol wut's this?
TOO...true.
too true.

also im gonna say falco, falcon, ylink, sheik, fox. and i think thats true. Fox really doesnt even do that much damage, he just kills earlier than everyone else which makes him look like he can rack up damage.
soon folowing those would be jiggs, peach, idk who else.

ppl are all crazy about fox's shine combos. "OMG DRILL TO WAVESHINE GRAB UPTHROW UAIR DOES LIKE 40 DAMAGE OHHHh!" Then I'm all like, so does bomb rang uair uair from ylink. and its easier for us to do it. pwned.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Okay guys. If every character in the game had about 3-4 seconds to deal the most amount of damage possible guaranteeing the hits.

I'm basing this off of guaranteed/almost guaranteed hits that can happen within a few seconds. I've gotten more "wtf how did that do 40% damage already" with YL than any other character.
Most characters can't guarantee their combos since it comes down to reading their DI, techs, etc etc. Which is why they don't always deal that much damage. YL on the other hand does. He just needs to hit confirm a bomb and he just goes to town.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I just have a quick question...

I was playing around with YL earlier, and I noticed you can SH bair, then double jump before you touch the ground again.

Logically I figured you could probably waveland instead of double jump, but no matter how hard I try, I can't do it... am I just being dumb and not doing it right? Or can you really not waveland, even if you can double jump?

EDIT:

Nvm, figured it out by experimenting :) Basically you can't cancel IASA frames with an airdodge. Interesting.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Best YL combo ever (Laijin did it to me last weekend): dair (hits twice, auto cancels) -> uair. It looks ******** and amazing at the same time.

Laijin

Smash Hero
That works only on fast fallers and heavy characters at lower percents if they challenge you and rush up to u-air you or something while in mid air. I've done a variation of that which was:

d-air -> d-air -> flamespike -> tech chase grab -> stuff.

or the usual:

d-air -> d-air -> d-air -> u-air -> land on platform u-air -> fall through platform u-air -> jump up u-air or d-air/n-air(if you wanna end the combo) etc

rhan

Smash Hero
coolest combo I ever did was on Shaeman's Ganon a while back.

Dair hits 3 times -> uair (l canceled) -> utilt -> dair.

I felt so pro and was never able to pull it off again.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
*****s don't know about my triple dair ending with a ledgecanceled firespike

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah it sure did kick the **** outta my combo.

My pool consists of:

Fox
Fox
Me
Falcon
Peach

Omg I couldn't as for more! Better the last year..

Marth
Marth
Me
Ganon
Samus

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
lol the pool in my 1st tourny was like this

Kels-fox(gets 1st)
Smeesh-falcon(gets 3rd i think)
Nude-falcon(7th)
Karl(friend of mine)
me
They were taking the top 3 from pools for bracket............

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
been working on all my trixies today. im getting sooo much better. armada inspired me to practice some more, ima start relying on my pocket ylink to support my ice climbers like 2006 chudat

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
HELLLLLL YA. That mu is good for us (as in its 55/45) lol It was good to see that. he played it just right cept he could have z dropped bombs more often. gooood **** Armada.

Im just happy cuz ive been saying that ylink can beat puff at high levels for like 6 months now. and it finally happened. i want to see Armadas ylink vs a top marth, but i doubt that will happen. too bad. its not a bad mu.

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah I noticed that too Laijin. He's also mad patient. He didn't approach once until a bomb connected. Played it realy safe. I like it.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Waiting for Armada to come into this thread. Aniolas said on the Youtube comments that Armada only told only a few Swedes about his Young Link strategy against Hungrybox's Jigglypuff. There were a few tournaments where Armada used Young Link but the videos were not recorded to keep it a secret. Not even Amsah knew about this. Armada has been training for the Jigglypuff vs. Young Link match up since Apex 2010. Incredible. If Armada was able to fix his Captain Falcon problem from SS at Pound 5 and his Jigglypuff problem from Apex 2010 against Hungrybox, who knows what kind of plan Armada will concoct to plan against PP's Falco? Armada is probably watching and analyzing the GF videos right now.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Me and a few others actually asked Armada himself about his YL CP against Hbox.

The Swedes knew of the strategy as well as a few other Europeans.

Amsah did know actually and he started planning this soon after Apex when he lost a set to Hbox.

Armada's drive is really something else, really makes you wonder whats in store for Genesis =3

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
YL is cheap. I've been saying it for months. After playing Smith, Rhan, Clyde, and The Cape's YLs, I can honestly say that he's the most annoying character in the game for me.

Top Bottom