• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

rhan

Smash Hero
F-Smash is pretty terrible. The move is better replaced with a CC down smash. The move confirmation thing only works against heavy characters or fast fallers

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
The second hit has so much range past where his body originally started. It's a great move for tricking people into thinking they're at a safe distance, then hitting them anyway.

rhan

Smash Hero
I tried using F-Smash in my game last night.

Suprisingly I connected a fair amount of them (Both hits).

But it's a terrible way of trying to kill something.

Just D-Smash.

rhan

Smash Hero
Same. It's irritating. But I've learned to deal with it. Like I said before I never plan it really they just happen. You just have to plan for if it does happen or not.

But yeah I try to just play smart now rather then flashy. But for some reason whenever I start to think I play worse. >_>

I have no effing idea why..

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Spacing f-smash so that only the second hit connects is awesome.
This is the only time i condone fsmash.

Btw skler is right about using ylinks and links dthrow near the edge. ppl never roll towards it and if they do its a free tech chase dsmash. real ****.

btw. i really think that ylink is better than link. does anyone else hold that view?

rhan

Smash Hero
I believe that Link is better. But then Shaeman would argue that Young Link is better.

Honestly they're about even. They excell in different ways.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Didnt know axe had one! nice. I try both chars out. always do better with ylink cept against samus.

So my ylink is getting pretty deadly. forced my friend to play his fox more bcuz i aggravate his sheik too much :p ylink in teams is beast....like....legit.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Yeah. I'm pretty sure YL is a significantly better character in teams than in singles (unless you're up against double Fox or double Falcon; lol).

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
*sigh* allrite... Rhan/Laijin.. gimme somewhere to start... I guess i'm a work on my Young Link...(for real) this time..............

Plz respond... (somebody)

rhan

Smash Hero
Start by reading Laijin's guide on how to kill. Then watch jash's combo video for basics.

As for actually playing him. He's fairly simular to Link. Most of the combos they have are the same. Just the finishings are different. So you could use Germ's playstyle as a base too. But Young Link is more about playing campy using your two main projectiles (bombs/boomerang) to rack damage and create an opening to strike. Bombs lead into any aieral and boomerang (depending how close you are) can too. If you are able to connect a boomerang point black it has a great amount of stun to link and adds 16%.

Upon recovery Young Link has incredible reach but is very vulnerable. What I do to prevent edge hogging/gaurding is upon recovery I just fire of an arrow (or try to aim it so it'll either connect with the edge or go just above it). The up B gives great horizontal or vertical distance. It depends on how you're trying to recover at the time.

Differences between Young Link and Link:
-yl's bombs have a longer fuse but have multiple hits (I believe 4 compaired to Link's 1 or 2).
-up b has multiple hits instead of one powerful one.
-dash attack sends away instead of upward.
-d-smash sends away instead of upward.
-yl's arrows give more stun.
-yl's boomerang can be angled how Link angles his (and at sharper angles).
-Nair is about the same when it comes to damage and knockback. Link's last longer and has a faint hitbox when retracted.

And my thumbs hurt. Laijin can take over...

*on mobile internet*

Top Bottom