• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
for arcade?
Arcade games are a mixed bag. I suggest browsing through the arcade and find something that interests you. Then, download the Trial and see what you think of it. If you like it, look at the price and ask yourself if what you played was worth it. If so, then buy it.

:phone:

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
Arcade games are a mixed bag. I suggest browsing through the arcade and find something that interests you. Then, download the Trial and see what you think of it. If you like it, look at the price and ask yourself if what you played was worth it. If so, then buy it.

waste time, waste memory space, not even going to recommand anything when I already posted on the previous page of the stuff I was intrested in.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
waste time, waste memory space, not even going to recommand anything when I already posted on the previous page of the stuff I was intrested in.
Mortal Kombat Arcade. At least I think that's what its called. Its basically a collection of a bunch of older Mortal Kombat games.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Mainly because there really is nothing left for me to recommend, as everyone said the good titles. If anything, get Skull girls if you are a hardcore fighting fan or Street Fighter 3rd Strike. Maybe Monday Night Combat or Dungeon Defenders.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
So Ive never been a fan (or at least very picky) with single player games. Its either the story doesnt grip me enough and I get bored and stop playing or they just sucked. I suppose im making this post to ask for any game suggestions.

I just beat Alan Wake (slowpoke i know) and im like "omg why have i never played this game before" so Im sure theres other games there that I should be playing. Single player campaigns that Ive finished and really enjoyed are:

- RE6, RE5, RE4
- Arkham city and Arkham Asylum
- MGS Series

Those are like the only games ive actually played through without wanting to stop in like, the past 4 years lol.

Some aspects that Im looking for:
- Good storylines
- Good cutscenes (but not really essential as long as the story is still good)
- Makes me think
- Kinda linear, so that I can just keep playing with the path that the game intends me to and not have to go all over the place and waste my time (I have a relatively short attention span). I dont like reading things either.

Game that Ive tried and dont like/didnt bother to keep playing that you guys are probably gonna mention: Assasins creed, Mass Effect, Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock
Game that Im thinking of picking up soon: Silent Hill Downpour

So based on what I've said if anyone has a suggestion then please let me know!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Max Payne 3? LA Noir if you can deal with it being a sandboxed game.

Oh yeah, the Left For Dead "episodes" are all out.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
You could give Splinter Cell Conviction a try. It is a short game, but the story is great, and it is just fun to play.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Borderlands 2 has a storyline that's actually really good. The first game's story wasn't focused on, and all the characters and setting felt distant. They've definitely fixed it up this time - you actually feel like you have a proper sense of direction, and there's a lot more humour that's applicable to our society. It might also be because there's a big bad antagonist in this one, and -not much spoilers- he is a ****HEAD, in a funny way.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
If you've read his post, he seems to imply he doesn't like open world games as much compared to linear games.
I know, but still...Arkham City was kind of open-world. Not an awful lot, mind you, but it was still there.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I wouldn't recommend Dishonoured given the games you've listed already. The first two Dead Spaces have been fun for me, and since you've enjoyed the Resident Evils you might have an appreciation for them. Dead Rising 2 is fun, but is best as a co-op, so guess we can exclude that one.

I didn't like Splinter Cell: Conviction, because I played the older Splinter Cells and Chaos Theory was -the best-. Conviction took a huge chunk of the stealth out and generally was too much of an action game to enjoy.

Also, RE 4 > RE 5. Just sayin'.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I'm not into borderlands either :/ ....... Interested in dead rising tho since i liked co op in re6 alot, though thatd mean id have to find someone i know who plays it too.

Totally forgot about splinter cell, played the ones for the gamecube and I really liked them, Ill probably get that after im done with downpour.

Agreed on RE4 > RE5

Has anyone played Castlevania:LoS, Darksiders, or Dantes Inferno and can give me any input on them?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Well, a lot has changed since the old Splinter Cell, as Conviction changed the whole series. But Conviction was still good.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
I've played Dante's Inferno and I liked the game. Now if you've played say, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry 4 or God of War, you have an idea of what the gameplay resembles. The story is okay, but pretty typical and only artistically resembles Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy. Also, there's boobs.

The game's biggest flaws are that it's a little on the short side, and you'll get through it very quickly on Normal difficulty. There's less enemy variety too, as towards the end they tend to spill into layers of Hell they don't belong in.

That depends on whether you put Conviction into retrospect with its predecessors or not:

- The campaign is 5 hours long - I finished it in a day, and I tend to take campaigns slow.
- You can't move bodies in Conviction, previously a staple gameplay element of the series that inexplicably implies stealth and not wanting to be detected.
- The always-monochrome-in-shadow is grating at times. Sure, you spent most of your time with it turned on in previous games, but you had good contrast in being able to turn it off and actually see the shadows and the colours. Conviction is a game mostly played in black-and-white.
- There are no optional non-lethal moves in this game. You will always kill your enemies unless there is a specific story context. Every game prior to this allowed non-lethal work, be it in Ring Airfoil or Sticky Shockers or even character grabs. There are none of these gadgets in Conviction, and character grabs end in lethal takedowns.
- Once you add an upgrade to a weapon, it is permanent and can never be removed. That means scopes can never be taken off a gun, which doesn't always work in its favour.

Also, pistols have infinite ammo, enemies don't ever shut their goddamned mouths after detecting you and always noisily call out where they are, and some of the Instant-Kill shots go through obvious walls to dispatch the person behind them. And it may not really bother you guys all that much, but Ubisoft's "DLC" primarily consisted of them releasing unlock codes for items that were already on the disk. That's pretty damn lazy.

Overall, the game was a very lazily-made title compared to the other Splinter Cells. By bringing it more in line with Rainbow Six, the game has lost some of its identity as previously being one of the more realistically-portrayed stealth games on the market. Now it's trying to be MGS, and it's just not succeeding.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Got a return for Halo 4 today at work.

Saw the bottom of the package looked a little bit opened. Ripped it off checked the disks

Sony DVD-R

Customer: So, you're not going to take it?

Me:...

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Really, really annoys me when I can't even use netflix after running out of live. I mean, wtf?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
target and walmart are selling 3 month subscriptions for $10 and $12 respectively next thursday, such a deal imo theyre $25 usually. I'll probably pick up like 5 of them, im running on the 2 week trial that came with halo4 right now.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Really, really annoys me when I can't even use netflix after running out of live. I mean, wtf?
I know right? You're already paying the $8 a month for Netflix, now you have to also pay the $ for a Live subscription on top of it. Thankfully, I have other devices to watch Netflix on.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I know right? You're already paying the $8 a month for Netflix, now you have to also pay the $ for a Live subscription on top of it. Thankfully, I have other devices to watch Netflix on.

I got it set up on the xbox since I'm borrowing a friend's account...so I don't. And I NEVER use live for anything besides Netflix anyways. Wish I got a PS3 :p

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Do you have a wii? Or a laptop you can stream netflix on

My laptop's far too slow (and I prefer all my shows on my 50 inch tv anyways) and not sure about my wii. See I don't pay for netflix, my friend let's me borrow his account. So I don't know the passowrd or anything like that, and since 4 other people share also, don't think he'd want to place netflix on anymore consoles.

I would of sold my Xbox for a ps3 if it was mine (it's my brother's) the only game I ever play on the 360 is MK9. Brilliant game (and even then...ps3 get's Kratos >_<)

joY

Pot splitter
Got a return for Halo 4 today at work.

Saw the bottom of the package looked a little bit opened. Ripped it off checked the disks

Sony DVD-R

Customer: So, you're not going to take it?

Me:...
Ahhh but the question I have is: is this the first time you've caught someone doing this?

Anyways, what a douchey human being.

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
I buyed Naruto Storm 3 last week. It's a pretty OK game, even though it can be laggy at times, some characters are just... missing, other characters were not updated, and the difficulty is just unfair sometimes. If you're not a fan you can buy it for story mode and the awesome boss fights, but you should wait until the price drops.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I need to get an xbox. All the good games on it.

Borderlands, Mortal Kombat, Splinter Cell series, Resident Evil ect...

:pow:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Pre-Order Bundle ($499)
Xbox One console​
Kinect sensor​
"Commemorative" controller​
"Exclusive" achievement​
HDMI Cable​
Xbox One Chat Headset​
Planned Release: November 2013​
[collapse=Technical Details]​
Optical Drive: Blu-Ray​
CPU: 8-Core AMD APU (2x Quad-Core Jaguar chips)​
Memory: 8 GB DDR3, 5 GB available for games​
HDD: 500 GB​
Display Output: HDMI​
Graphics: AMD Radeon-based, built into APU​
Inputs: 3x USB 3.0, HDMI[/collapse]​

Well, someone had to make it.

what are your thoughts on the system?

But yeah, some things mentioned:

-The system will have simultaneous sync with games, film, internet,etc. all of which can be controlled through a link of voice commands and Kinect.

-They will be making a Live acton Halo series directed by Stephen Speilberg that is supposed to sync with the system in a way(think Defiance)

-they have 15 planned IPs to launch with the system-one a new Forza, 8 brand new IPs.

-one of the new games is developed by the team behind Max Payne and Alan Wake

-Call Of Duty Ghosts will have exclusives for the system.

that's some of the basic deets. One thing worth noting i they did not deny that it was always online,so that might actually be true.(on that note,they confirmed that's not the case off-screen on Spike TV.)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Boring presentation for me. Had some neat features, but not features I'm really interested in. With the awkward late presentation that's so close to E3, I can understand they couldn't reveal a lot of games, but that really hurt it. Console looks huge also.

Most likely not getting it since besides the money-hatted JRPGs last gen (which I don't expect happening this time), most of the games I'd be interested in would be multiplatform anyways.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
The controller's an improvement on the other Xbox controllers. No idea where they got that Xbox 360 controller=best controller statement from though.
I couldn't care less about the TV features, because we probably won't get them/get a butchered version here in the UK.
CoD Ghosts looks fun but it'll presumably be on other consoles, EA Sports going with Microsoft is a bit odd, but I never buy sports games, and until they get a large and varied library of 1st part stuff I'm not interested in all honesty.

Top Bottom